Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2017, 02:44 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

NFL cleared to suspend Elliott for six games.

Unless Team Elliott takes it to Supreme Court...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 02:59 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,633,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Oh and no surprised Nolan Carroll was released!

Stephen Paea retired as well.
This Paea retirement does cause a little consternation at DT/nose tackle. Kinda unusual to retire at this point in the season.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:48 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
NFL cleared to suspend Elliott for six games.

Unless Team Elliott takes it to Supreme Court...
NFL stating Elliott suspension effective immediately... back Nov. 24.

Oct. 15 BYE
Oct. 22 at San Francisco 49ers 3:05:00 PM
Oct. 29 at Washington Redskins 3:25:00 PM
Nov. 5 Kansas City Chiefs 3:25:00 PM
Nov. 12 at Atlanta Falcons 3:25:00 PM
Nov. 19 Philadelphia Eagles 7:30:00 PM
Nov. 23 Los Angeles Chargers 3:30:00 PM

Old 10-12-2017, 05:39 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,574 times
Quote:

Oct. 15 BYE
Well that’s just great! I see 4 losses for those weeks he’s out. Damn.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:48 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
This Paea retirement does cause a little consternation at DT/nose tackle. Kinda unusual to retire at this point in the season.
With Carroll and Paea leaving, this just proves that the Cowboys offseason was a disaster. I know they are reluctant to pay free agents big money but bargain hunting is showing that it does not work. They need a new model. They will have the cap space to do it starting in 2018. But limited castoffs and journeymen need to stop if they want to make this team better. Right now, Dallas is 9 million under the cap. Good for 14th in the league. Far cry from the last couple years so they have definitely improved with that. But Martin has not signed a contract yet so that will change.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:38 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:

Oct. 15 BYE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
the dallas running game might be as badly affected as you might think, what with morris, mcfadden, and rod smith backing up elliot, and prescott can certainly run the ball well also. so i see dallas finally opening up the playbook to give the offense more options in the game to foil defenses.

the problem though is still going to be the defense, and how they play in the fourth quarter.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:30 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the dallas running game might be as badly affected as you might think, what with morris, mcfadden, and rod smith backing up elliot, and prescott can certainly run the ball well also. so i see dallas finally opening up the playbook to give the offense more options in the game to foil defenses.

the problem though is still going to be the defense, and how they play in the fourth quarter.

The passing game exist, because of what Elliott and Dak do with their legs. McFadden and Morris are not what Elliott is and that's going to affect this team for the next 6 games. It's time for Dez to step it up if Dallas is willing to experiment with deep balls or a higher usage for Dez. I mean everyone says he's an elite receiver; however, he has been no Julio Jones, AJ Green, or Antonio Brown in my book. I feel fans spend more time talking about what he can be than what he really is. I'm no Cowboys fan, so them losing games is always a good day for me. However, they're considered "America's Team" so I do follow them and have my opinions on the team.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:33 AM

796 posts, read 505,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
I agree....makes u wonder if he thinks that the Boys D gonna be so bad he wanna just retire so his name wont be part of it.

But yeah...kinda unusual. I know he does have a injury that could be nagging so maybe that's it.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:42 AM

796 posts, read 505,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
He never should have to serve suspension but I aint gonna go back to all that.

Since he have to serve them...I think its best to get it over with. I want Boys to win a long string of games and make playoffs but with all the drama with Jones' comments about kneeling and how players feel about it, and how this team seems to be "off" this year a lil on offense and how poorly defense playing...it seems best to have Elliott serve it now. He hasn't been the same this year and all the stress from the offseason and the case is affecting him.

Losing those 2 last close conference home games wasn't good at all then with Eagles winning last night....we probably only can compete for a WC spot. Gonna have to have Dak play like he did in Packers game which was well enough to win game and other RBs will have to step up. Morris looked good with the few carries he had and I like Rod Smith. Wanna see what a combination of those two would do and maybe have Rod or even D Mac stretch the field like Hill/Hunt can do for the Chiefs. Seems like Butler is Dak's only deep threat who can get separation this year. Gotta use him like our #1 and still find ways to incorporate Dez without forcing it to him. Need coaching and playcalling to improve and open up definitely....as play calling is so bland and predictable.

Again...with how defense been...can't afford special team errors (like that Switzer muffed punt) nor pick-6's from offense. Margin of error very low with offense and they may have to score 40+ to win certain games.

Old 10-13-2017, 11:20 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
I don't think Zeke's absence will be any factor in the Running game. Morris can pick up the occasional long rush, and things will be ok or perhaps better, seeing how Zeke has not performed consistantly.

As for the rest of the team, 3-3 is more likely, and the defense continues to disappoint.

The next changes the team needs is on the sidelines. The defensive coach, as has been noted before, runs a scheme for which he does not have the right style of player, not to mention something so predictable and outdated that it can be read by a pop-warner team. I hate to rag on Garrett, but he is not the genius that last year's fluke made him to be, and he remains a puppet of Jerry Jones' business which involves taking spare parts and rejects and trying to make them work. By he 4th Quarter, the other team has them figured out like a pro wrestling soap opera and QBs like Aaron rogers pick them apart.

Some would say that Al Davis made it work once with the Raiders, but he had coaching talent, not to mention that aura of a mobster that players would not dare cross. Jones just seems like the stepfather of a big dysfunctional family. End result, disappointment.

As far as Prescott, when I mentioned before the draft that he would be the QB to take, I did mention that he was a little raw, but under Romo's guidance and influence would be a solid QB for the type of offense that Romo ran. This would still be the case, he is a little raw BUT he has good legs, good eyes, a strong arm and he will catch on (faster though if he had better coaching) .

The offensive line is not as good as last years, and unless they draft OL in the first round and resign the upcoming FA, then they will be even worse next year. These are the guys that play in the kill zone, the ones who fight and bang up every play. Such is taxing on the body and without adequate strength on the bench, then the players wear out and the QB egts chased.

If you fans want to put together a winning team, then draft OL first round and the best defensive back available second round. And tell your owner to stop hiring people with questionable character. When the going gets tough, those are not the kinds of people one can rely on in ANY business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football