Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2012, 07:37 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I'll take that bet.

Reid has been there too long to be fired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 07:39 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Reid has been there too long to be fired.
Like I said, I'll take that bet. He will not be the coach next year.

Of course this assumes the Eagles don't win the rest of their games, sneak in to the playoffs and win a SB.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:42 PM
FBJ

Quote:

Of course this assumes the Eagles don't win the rest of their games, sneak in to the playoffs and win a SB.

Someone told me on another eagles board that it's being reported he will be in the front office next season.

I will provide more information as it becomes available to me

Old 11-13-2012, 07:47 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Quote:
I'll take that bet.
So will I.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:48 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Quote:

Care to share what you are smoking?

Old 11-13-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Someone told me on another eagles board that it's being reported he will be in the front office next season.

I will provide more information as it becomes available to me
It wouldn't shock me, but that is not what I am betting against. I am saying he will not be the coach.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:35 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Here's a more pessimistic (but true) look at the season.

Eagles four points away from being 0-9

The Eagles narrowly escaped the now 2-7 Cleveland Browns by a point in the season opener on Sept. 9, then somehow beat the now 7-2 Baltimore Ravens by a point on Sept. 16. Two weeks later, they would have lost to the 6-4 New York Giants by a point if a Lawrence Tynes field goal wasn’t an inch short – and it would have been good if not for a costly Giants penalty moments earlier.

...a case can be made that Philadelphia is the worst team in the entire NFL, even if the record doesn’t show it. However, the more the Eagles lose now, the more remarkable it is that they ever pulled out those three victories in the first place.

If the Eagles were 0-9 heading into their game with the Washington Redskins on Nov. 18, Michael Vick might have been benched long before his concussion and Andy Reid might already be fired. Instead, Philadelphia is dying a slower death – the ground works of which were already set up in all those lucky wins from September.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:23 AM

I don't think the Eagles are a good team, but if you are going to look at the close wins and say they could have gone the other way you also have to look at the close losses. They lost by 2 points to the Steelers on the final drive and lost in OT to Detroit. They could be 5-4 and still in the hunt.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:52 AM
FBJ

Quote:
I don't think the Eagles are a good team, but if you are going to look at the close wins and say they could have gone the other way you also have to look at the close losses. They lost by 2 points to the Steelers on the final drive and lost in OT to Detroit. They could be 5-4 and still in the hunt.
But the wins were not honest which is why so many fans never had a good feeling. The first game was a loss if the cleveland player holds on to the INT in the endzone. The second game was a result of a bad call that erased a ravens TD late in the game. And the third win was because the Giants missed a FG. So when you add up all of that combined with the losses it's real easy to see that they can be 0-9.

They are 0-9 against the spread this season.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:56 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
I bet you it just means Reid and Roseman will get rid of players and coaches at the end of the season.
Looks like you are on target...

Eagles likely to clean house at season's end

Those who are safe on the island...

Some starters are almost certain to return - no matter their production or lack thereof - because of guaranteed contracts that would count against the cap if they are released. LeSean McCoy, DeSean Jackson, Trent Cole, Todd Herremans, Evan Mathis, Brandon Graham, Danny Watkins, and Fletcher Cox have guaranteed deals.

The unsafe include Nnamdi, Babin, Jenkins, Bell, Maclin, Vick, Celek... and more.

The other note for today - Vick has not been totally ruled out for Sunday - the headaches have subsided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football