Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 12:23 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,800,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Just don't see how Vick could still be here since he is well below .500 as a starter in his last 25 starts
He would fit Chip Kelly's style of offense better than Foles would although no one expects Kelly to run his version of the zone read option exclusively in the NFL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 12:29 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,114,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
He would fit Chip Kelly's style of offense better than Foles would although no one expects Kelly to run his version of the zone read option exclusively in the NFL.

But we don't even know if Kelly is going to be the coach since Lurie plays to interview the Falcons coaches after the playoffs are over.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:05 PM

45,717 posts, read 27,340,900 times
Chip Kelly to remain at Oregon.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:59 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,800,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
But we don't even know if Kelly is going to be the coach since Lurie plays to interview the Falcons coaches after the playoffs are over.
He did interview them already, the offensive coordinator signed an extension so he was off the radar, the special teams coach Armstrong may have been for the Rooney rule. Besides, Mike Nolan really, really, really!!!

Since Kelly is out, they interviewed Mike McCoy today, McCoy probably had the easiest job in the NFL this year, since he's the OC for the Broncos, but he had the hardest last year coaching Tebow. He seems like a Jason Garret type though.

I hope they interview Gus Bradley or Mike Zimmer, Zimmer has been around for awhile although he might be to rough around the edges for the Eagles. He probably wouldn't get along with Roseman.
I do try to remind my self that Lurie hired Ray Rhodes, who I'm sure was a little gruff.

I wasn't sold on Marrone, he didn't call any plays for Sean Payton, I'm surprised Buffalo didn't make more of a push for Lovie Smith.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:48 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,706,819 times
Quote:
He did interview them already, the offensive coordinator signed an extension so he was off the radar, the special teams coach Armstrong may have been for the Rooney rule. Besides, Mike Nolan really, really, really!!!

Since Kelly is out, they interviewed Mike McCoy today, McCoy probably had the easiest job in the NFL this year, since he's the OC for the Broncos, but he had the hardest last year coaching Tebow. He seems like a Jason Garret type though.

I hope they interview Gus Bradley or Mike Zimmer, Zimmer has been around for awhile although he might be to rough around the edges for the Eagles. He probably wouldn't get along with Roseman.
I do try to remind my self that Lurie hired Ray Rhodes, who I'm sure was a little gruff.

I wasn't sold on Marrone, he didn't call any plays for Sean Payton, I'm surprised Buffalo didn't make more of a push for Lovie Smith.
My guy is Gus Bradley. I have always wanted a defensive coach, and after I heard a couple days ago that Bradley was in the mix, I leaned toward him. I really lean toward him now since I saw how he handled the Redskins. His defenses remind me of the old Eagles. Aggressive, stout up the middle, fast on the edges, with big, intimidating DBs.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:23 PM

Eagles to interview Lovie Smith

Despite the belief that the Eagles will ultimately hire an offensive-minded coach, Smith will be the third defensive coach the team will interview. Gus Bradley, the defensive coordinator of the Seattle Seahawks, is set to be interviewed and Mike Nolan, defensive coordinator for the Atlanta Falcons, has already talked to the Eagles.

in addition to Smith and Bradley, the Eagles also have an interview scheduled with Bruce Arians of the Indianapolis Colts.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:42 PM

Philadelphia Eagles are sifting through 'second-tier' coaching candidates, Ron Jaworski says

ESPN analyst and former Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Ron Jaworski blasted the Eagles' search for a head coach today, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Gruden is reportedly interested in the Eagles' job, but the team hasn't reached out to him, Jaworski said. Instead, Philadelphia has focused its efforts on college coaches and NFL assistants who "haven't proven themselves," Jaworski told the Inquirer.

According to who is available, RJ's top tier would be Gruden ans Lovie Smith. Everyone else is second tier.

RJ is available - maybe he should start the process and join as a coordinator.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:48 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,114,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Philadelphia Eagles are sifting through 'second-tier' coaching candidates, Ron Jaworski says

ESPN analyst and former Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Ron Jaworski blasted the Eagles' search for a head coach today, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Gruden is reportedly interested in the Eagles' job, but the team hasn't reached out to him, Jaworski said. Instead, Philadelphia has focused its efforts on college coaches and NFL assistants who "haven't proven themselves," Jaworski told the Inquirer.

According to who is available, RJ's top tier would be Gruden ans Lovie Smith. Everyone else is second tier.

RJ is available - maybe he should start the process and join as a coordinator.

Lovie Smith is nowhere near a top tier coach. Top tier coaches don't allow their team to miss the playoffs when they start 7-1.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:35 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,795,858 times
I would like him at DC but def not HC, unless he has one hell of an OC to take over on offense.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:46 PM

From a few pages ago...

Quote:
I wonder about Rob Ryan?
Now available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football