Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2011, 10:17 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,229,847 times

Advertisements

Who is getting cocky?

That's a dumb statement.

We're playing with house money and know it - but that doesn't change the any given sunday component and we all know that they are capable of beating any team

They just don't have much margin for error

There was nothing about the win over the saints that was a fluke - just like it wasn't a fluke they jackstomped the cardinals this year and have won the division 5 of the prior 7 season and have made the playoffs 6 of the prior 8

It's funny listening to a cardinals fan talk about a fan base getting cocky after a couple wins or having the audacity to call anyone elses win a fluke ...... 75% of cardinals fans still have price tags on their jerseys

I also hope you watched the BCS title game so you could hear that it is possible for UofP to get loud .... it's a shame that a both the oregon & auburn fans in a split building create more noise than a stadium full of cardinal fans

I know you were really excited about the seahawks falling into the tank and now you are having some nerves about them improving, gaining confidence and putting together some nice long term pieces

sure it's a rebuild - but it's on schedule

this is the NFL - playoff wins are well earned ...... something you should know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 02:57 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,083,285 times
Gotta root for the underdog, would love to see Seattle take out the Bears!

Old 01-13-2011, 02:48 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,300,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
...and today's game is why you play them!

Good job Seahawks!

I hollered so loud during Lynch's run my daughter came running from outside to see what was wrong. She said as soon as she got to the door she could tell I was yelling "Go! Go!"

Loved it! Great sports weekend for Washington State!
Had to respond because when Lynch started that run all of us in my front room were on our feet screaming "GO, GO" at the top of our lungs. After the run we were all in absolute amazement! Lynch was a beast; go Hawks! I can't even imagine being there when it happened. It was definitely the reason I love to watch football.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:13 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvin View Post
Had to respond because when Lynch started that run all of us in my front room were on our feet screaming "GO, GO" at the top of our lungs. After the run we were all in absolute amazement! Lynch was a beast; go Hawks! I can't even imagine being there when it happened. It was definitely the reason I love to watch football.
Careful, pretty sure things like this have had villianous repercussions in the past requiring super-heros to get involved.

Seismic Event Detected After Marshawn Lynch's Touchdown - Sports News Story - KIRO Seattle

Old 01-13-2011, 08:33 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,627,647 times
I live in Packer country but that game was amazing, and I was cheering him on, what a play. First time I ever watched 2 play off games all the way through and I was amazed the Saints and Colts lost.

It just goes to show you, what happened in the season doesn't really matter now, it is a brand new ball game and anybody can be a winner!

I think they have a chance to beat the Bears, simply because Cutler, who has had great plays and moments this year, can be such a gun slinger, off the wall, where you say what is he thinking???? He can be very scarey, and not necessarily in a good way.

Finally, I know I'm on the wrong thread, but Go Pack Go and good luck to the Seahawks!

Old 01-14-2011, 05:24 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Yep'Seattle palyed great and hasselback was as good as I have seen. Its stayign at that lervel that really is the hard part. Certainly they played better than GB did which was disappointing really. maybe the Pack just peaked too early;who nows or too beatup.There is alot that goes into getting thru the playoffs really.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:05 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,193,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I like how Seahawks fans are getting cocky.
Cocky? No.

Cocky would be saying smack about how the Pack had better look out. How Lynch was going to run over them. Talking about how they'd be playing the next playoff game.

That'd be cocky. Haven't seen that here.

I'm just hoping for a good game...and of course, a Seahawk win.

Go Seahawks!

Old 01-16-2011, 09:53 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,136,400 times
C'monnnn Seahawks! Git'em!

Old 01-16-2011, 02:46 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,193,635 times
Well, it didn't happen. Congrats to the Bears for a good game and good luck against the Packers. (Sounds like the 1960s again, doesn't it?)
Frankly, the Seahawks surprised me even winning the division this year. And very definitely pleasantly surprised me beating New Orleans.

Fun season. They'll be better next year.

As always, and as for the last 34 years...Go Seahawks!

Old 01-16-2011, 04:34 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,793,511 times
meh, it was going to happen.
At least the saints are out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football