Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 04:26 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,243,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
I'll be right over.
Meh, that's what you promised yesterday, too, and I still have nobody in flesh to torture. That verbal abuse is getting old!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 04:31 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,110,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Meh, that's what you promised yesterday, too, and I still have nobody in flesh to torture. That verbal abuse is getting old!
Sorry. I knew I should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That $60 piece of junk didn't vacuum well and the handle always comes off. He warns me that he used tape and a magic marker to fix it. Ahh, here it is.
Oh, I think I have the same piece of junk - only in fiery red and not fixed with magical tape! It got good reviews and I bought it even though I don't particularly enjoy looking at dirt (whoever came up with this idiotic idea ). My old one lasted almost 10 years. It doesn't look to me like this one will. Oh, well... who cares... I may not last that long, either...

My heart just doesn't let me spend good money on a stupid vacuum and the fancy ones are too heavy for me anyway.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Sorry. I knew I should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque.
Yeah, yeah... Was there a sign "topless girls" to the right?

Old 07-07-2011, 04:37 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,110,179 times
Quote:
Yeah, yeah... Was there a sign "topless girls" to the right?

YouTube - ‪Bugs Bunny Albuquerque‬‏

Old 07-07-2011, 04:38 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,220,904 times
Quote:
Oh, I think I have the same piece of junk - only in fiery red and not fixed with magical tape! It got good reviews and I bought it even though I don't particularly enjoy looking at dirt (whoever came up with this idiotic idea ). My old one lasted almost 10 years. It doesn't look to me like this one will. Oh, well... who cares... I may not last that long, either...

My heart just doesn't let me spend good money on a stupid vacuum and the fancy ones are too heavy for me anyway.
Indeed, tho, our fancy vacuum has an extension that reaches 20 feet. It's pretty awesome. Of course, I wouldn't spend the money either, but my MIL rules.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Bugs Bunny Albuquerque
Too cute! I didn't know this was pop-culture reference.

I can only see the beginning right now for some reason, though. Will try it again at home to see where that bunny's going after all.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:52 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,738,699 times
Quote:
What drives your impatience? For me, it's when a person panics, crazily panics imo, when faced with a bit of chaos. My dh recently cut his finger pretty deep and his reaction was very dramatic. He could have been auditioning for a part in a play. He does not like blood, guts, etc. Who does? He loves zombie movies, but he won't watch discovery health. It freaks him out. I get it. We all have our things. I have mine. Any way, I called my dad about 20 minutes into it when I was on my way to the CVS for supplies. When I get back my darling is still going at it. I told him to cut the crap and chill out. My dad did not like that and told me to, no demanded, that I do my wifely duties lol. I did of course, tho, my dh says I suck as a nurse. Clearly, if he were shooting blood all over the place, or lost the finger, he'd be at the emergency room.

I'm sure I sound heartless, but panic does something to my brain. I don't like it. It's not my way.

So, how about you?
LMAO...yep, panic and overdramatization irritate the crap out of me. When others around me start panicking, I go into a heavily controlled, logical, autopilot mode...that includes blood.

Whiners...especially those who are constantly in crisis irritate the sh*t out of me. Stop whining and DO something about it. What do you want from everyone else... and do you HAVE to TELL everyone else. I've even found people like that working as cashiers in stores!! I will gladly have a pleasant converstation with you while you're ringing up my things, but I don't CARE that you are working 4 hrs overtime because your coworker didn't show up for work. Nor do I care that your girlfriend/boyfriend is being a total jerk! I don't even KNOW you! Are you kidding me? Do you really have to share that crap with everyone who comes through your line?

As for your DH...oh my gosh, too funny. Hubby will smash or slice open his finger, then have to come and wave it under my nose, but fortunately he doesn't whine about it. My sons on the other hand...it becomes a huge disability. They can no longer do things for DAYS, because it hurts (well, at least they TRY to pull that stuff). As soon as someone's hurt, I say, "Well get in the bathroom and scrub your hands real quick." (Them) "Nah, it's fine. I'll just stick a bandaid on it." (Me) "NO, I SAID get in the bathroom and wash your hands good!" I then set about the nursing process and get then all put back together. I don't actually trust them to doctor themselves up, because they have a tendency to simply wipe their hands with a paper towel and slap a bandage on it....then end up with a raging infection later. No... just get in there and wash your hands good. I'LL do it!

Old 07-07-2011, 10:38 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,807,360 times
Quote:
I don't know if that's a trait (maybe), but a condition or perhaps a personality in its entirety.
Seems like more a mental illness than a "trait".

Old 07-07-2011, 10:45 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,177,749 times
Egocentric..and narcisisstic..(sp)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology