Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 10:05 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,243,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I'm 24. Degreed. Have a business. Internship experience. And working experience. So, I'm not lazy.
Sounds like you have not been lazy, until now. We'd all like to be independently wealthy and not have to work, that's just not likely unless you are born into the right family.

You have some options. Scrape up enough cash to buy some property, and live off the grid, making your own shelter, growing your own produce and hunting for meat. You could also try to convince your wife to make enough to support both of you so you can read and visit people, write and meditate.

My advice would be to forget it and earn your living like the rest of us, and make sure you put away a decent retirement so that as soon as possible you can get to where you want to be. Retirement does seem wasted on the elderly, it would be nice if we could retire at 30, then go back to work at 50, but no one is offering that yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 10:06 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,551,593 times
find a rich wife while youre at it. oh you might have to pleasure her - it's part of the guy's JOB

what your 'degree'?

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebrator View Post
Yeah, grow the hell up. Man had to do some form of work for food and clothing and shelter since he showed up on this planet. And his tribes would usually get rid of a crybaby who wouldn't show up to work.
What are you talking about? I work...I mean, it's either that or the streets. But that's not the issue.

I just want to be happy as well.

I don't want to cry in the morning anymore.

I don't want to hate everything like I do.

It's not a life, man. It's just not a life.

6,562 posts, read 8,400,245 times
Quote:
I don't give a crap about money and I resent being forced to. Pieces of metal and sheets of paper that I can't make, yet that I need to live? That's garbage. I don't accept.

My focus right now is on finding a wife.

Why doesn't the world just let me live my life and trust I'll contribute to it in my own way? Instead, why does it want to make me hungry, cold, and destitute if I don't do as it wants me to? Who is making those rules? And what makes him think he gets to?

Someone may die because of this. Me. Or someone.
This is a thinly veiled threat, OP. I recommend that you get some counseling.

Out of curiosity, what would your contributions be to those who provide food, clothing and shelter?

Old 02-03-2014, 10:09 AM

19,534 posts, read 9,549,956 times
There are people out there that have chosen jobs that they like 'enough' or love, be it actors, musicians, doctors/nurses, (yes, hours can be grueling) but they say that they love their jobs because of the satisfaction it gives them. That could be saving lives, making people smile and/or laugh, or other self-fullfilling reasons. Not to say that there won't be some tough moments, or longer periods of time that you may find difficult to deal with but maybe there will be more days that you enjoy because it's something that interests you.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:10 AM

144 posts, read 264,365 times
You said you would rather "meditate" than work. I encourage you to practice what you preach because meditating just might cure you of your leftover teenage angst.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:11 AM

2,283 posts, read 3,857,637 times
If people can't hear the tippy tap of little feet across a bridge on this one, not much anyone can do...

Old 02-03-2014, 10:14 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,140,376 times
Yeah, he trolled the Hawaii forum too with this (and a threat to go Colombine):

Moving to Hawaii, nothing to my name?

He's a Ted Kacynski in the making.

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
I don't give a crap about money and I resent being forced to. Pieces of metal and sheets of paper that I can't make, yet that I need to live? That's garbage. I don't accept.

My focus right now is on finding a wife.

Why doesn't the world just let me live my life and trust I'll contribute to it in my own way? Instead, why does it want to make me hungry, cold, and destitute if I don't do as it wants me to? Who is making those rules? And what makes him think he gets to?

Someone may die because of this. Me. Or someone.
Describe this please ^^^.

How would you contribute?

10,326 posts, read 17,437,038 times
Such is the nature of life that we have to do tasks we don't enjoy because the world wouldn't function if we didn't. There is a force called entropy where as everything in the universe tends to degenerate into complete randomness and disorder. It has to be contantly opposed with work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology