Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 12:45 PM

8,631 posts, read 9,141,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebrator View Post
Yeah, grow the hell up. Man had to do some form of work for food and clothing and shelter since he showed up on this planet. And his tribes would usually get rid of a crybaby who wouldn't show up to work.
A little different however. Tribes, by and large, before organized governments had much more freedom than large towns-cities. Saying that, everyone's got a cross to bare. If one was to remove themselves from the grid they might be happier or totally lost and starve to death. Communes, are another, or open a business and crack the whip on others. Either way you've got to work. (to the OP) The best situation is make a living doing what you love to do, whether it pays high or low. But to lean or others to pay your way is not fair. It's not fair to lay your burden onto others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 12:54 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,379,266 times
Default I now realize........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Hey, if you can earn money without actually doing any work, more power to you!
I know realize that the fat kids with no friends were actually Einsteins.
Jump into management, get fat, do nothing to ruffle feathers, and do
the backbone slide.

Or run for office, and do it early.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:02 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,819,196 times
Go live off the land! Food just waiting to be plucked from the trees. You don't have to worry about "the man" "making" you do things. You can do whatever you want on your own schedule.

Oh, and if you try this ^^^^ above, you will have never worked harder in your entire life.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:17 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,014,969 times
Work hard for a few years, make enough money to buy some property with a shack, and live off the grid. Plant your own fruits and veggies, grains (to make bread), and get a few cows, chickens, sheep, etc. That will provide you with food.

Good luck finding a woman who wants to live off the grid though.

You might have to work a job now and then (or maybe sell your extra eggs and stuff) to make some money in case, but living off the grid means you won't have to worry about money.

Oh btw I think this book might interest you:
Walden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-03-2014, 01:22 PM

250 posts, read 400,106 times
Life will shortly punch you in the solorplexus and knock the narcissistic breath out of your young clueless self.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:27 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
Just find a job that is less unpleasant to you than most other jobs. Keep trying until you find one you can stand.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:39 PM

6,562 posts, read 8,398,266 times
OP, even if you live off the grid, you still have to work for life's essentials - food, clothing & shelter. Whether it is growing and hunting your own food, making your own clothes, or building your own home - you will have to work for these things which you may or may not enjoy doing.

You either work for someone else to earn the money to pay for these things, or you work for yourself to be self-sufficient. Either way, if you don't have the money to sustain it, you don't get the privilege of a life of leisure. Few of us do, actually. I'm sure the majority of us would choose not to work for a living if we didn't have to.

I suggested therapy or counseling, not because OP mentioned suicidal thoughts but because he has mentioned homicidal thoughts in this thread and in a previous thread he started.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:41 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,912,457 times
To the OP: I wonder if you have the faintest inkling how spoiled, childish, and self-centered you sound? You wanted advice, so here's mine: Do whatever it takes to get over yourself - therapy, volunteering with kids who have terminal cancer, volunteering in a soup kitchen on skid row where you can see the results of the very self-indulgence you are championing.

Are you really serious, or do you just enjoy riling people up with the most outrageous thing you can think of?

Old 02-03-2014, 01:42 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
I suggested therapy or counseling, not because OP mentioned suicidal thoughts but because he has mentioned homicidal thoughts.
Nah, according to him he just needs to "get a wife."

Old 02-03-2014, 02:18 PM

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPSI View Post
Life will shortly punch you in the solorplexus and knock the narcissistic breath out of your young clueless self.
Well, I wouldn't mind...I want to think differently than I do. It's led me to bad places.

Also, I don't think I'm ready for marriage. If I find a wife, I think it would help...but yeah, I have nothing to offer her.

It's just an ideal....but practically speaking, I'm just not in that place yet. Still trying to sort myself out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology