Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2014, 11:22 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Not for me. For me, my early years were anywhere between blah and more blah. My mental reactions were, "Oh, so this is it. Ho hum."

My best sexual years didn't happen till I started getting into my 30s and got very inventive, very romantic, very sexual.
Yeah, I doubt that very many women are having the best sex of their lives with an 18-year-old guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 11:29 AM

43 posts, read 40,044 times
Quote:
By developing muscles, gelling their hair, shaving, getting tats, buying attractive clothing, getting their teeth fixed, using cologne, having plastic surgery, and buying nice shoes, are men manipulating women into having sex with them?

Your view of life consists of analyzing how people are manipulating you, how they're being deceptive with you, how they're trying to get you to do things. By living in a state of paranoia, you have in effect given away all your power to everyone else and rendered yourself helpless. That's not attractive.
Are you lost? That's the argument YOU'RE making, not me.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Who is the is we? Urban Dictionary: You got a mouse in your pocket?

You have in no way demonstrated superior intelligence to anyone, so I'm not sure why you think you are capable of assessing an IQ difference in the first place. It's always the same with PUAs that visit this forum.

Anyhow, I don't know if women are actually tricked into having sex. I think young girls and boys may be due to lack of life experience. It doesn't really matter. The issue is the attempt to trick or to have malicious intent. I doubt that these lesser than men have much success with such tactics. And for men who need other men to tell them how to be men via websites, well, I hope they find what they're looking for.
The poster was in no way, shape or form able to follow along with the conversation. She responded to a post that, in fact, wasn't even there. I guess I should have said that an intelligence disparity was one possibility.

You're doing the same thing: infantilizing women and turning them into rubes without agency by absolving them of responsibility for their sexual choices.

How good of a job do you think today's modern western cultures does teaching men how to be men?

Old 07-03-2014, 11:57 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
For me I'm very jealous of people that got to experience their first relationship with the opposite sex when they were in their late teens and early 20's, lost their virginity too
Don't be. Relationships are much better in your 20's and 30's than in the early years.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:05 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Gibson's Pants View Post
The poster was in no way, shape or form able to follow along with the conversation. She responded to a post that, in fact, wasn't even there. I guess I should have said that an intelligence disparity was one possibility.
I believe she is addressing PUA as a whole. As a PUA, or PUA sympathizer, you fall under that umbrella and are fair game for PUA charges.

Quote:
You're doing the same thing: infantilizing women and turning them into rubes without agency by absolving them of responsibility for their sexual choices.
Stop lying. I'm doing no such thing. I have already stated that I do not think PUA men have any kind of power. That website you genuflect to is hunny to attract buffoons. They are the fringe. Further, IME men are quite easy to manage just as women are. It's too bad if relationships are such a big deal for a segment of people, but I'm not taking responsibility for it.

Quote:
How good of a job do you think today's modern western cultures does teaching men how to be men?
Correction. It's your job. It's your father's job. It's our brother's job. So, you tell me. It's my job to teach my daughter how to be a woman and I'm not going to rely on anyone to do my job. But, that (personal responsibility) is foreign to the PUA movement, isn't it?

Old 07-03-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I believe she is addressing PUA as a whole. As a PUA, or PUA sympathizer, you fall under that umbrella and are fair game for PUA charges.

Stop lying. I'm doing no such thing. I have already stated that I do not think PUA men have any kind of power. That website you genuflect to is hunny to attract buffoons. They are the fringe. Further, IME men are quite easy to manage just as women are. It's too bad if relationships are such a big deal for a segment of people, but I'm not taking responsibility for it.

Correction. It's your job. It's your father's job. It's our brother's job. So, you tell me. It's my job to teach my daughter how to be a woman and I'm not going to rely on anyone to do my job. But, that(personal responsibility) is foreign to the PUA movement, isn't it?
1. She can think whatever she wants about PUA. The fact is, she didn't address my post...at all.

2. That's exactly what you're doing, and playing for Team Woman. No surprise there.

3. Ok, I can jive with you there. But what about a culture/society that ACTIVELY demonizes the masculine, punishes it, portrays men as buffoons or worse and feminizes them for the first 18 years of their lives in the public school system?

The fact is, the West is outwardly hostile to men. But that period will be coming to an end real shortly here.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:16 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times
Quote:

Correction. It's your job. It's your father's job. It's our brother's job. So, you tell me. It's my job to teach my daughter how to be a woman and I'm not going to rely on anyone to do my job. But, that (personal responsibility) is foreign to the PUA movement, isn't it?
He joined C-D on 7/1/14, according to his profile, so I'd say he joined (or created a 2nd User ID) to stomp his tiny foot in anger and show us that it's women having rights is the cause of his little troubles.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
He joined C-D on 7/1/14, according to his profile, so I'd say he joined (or created a 2nd User ID) to stomp his tiny foot in anger and show us that it's women having rights is the cause of his little troubles.

You still haven't pointed out where I've done any of the things that you've claimed I've done.

I'm exiting this conversation as I feel an uncomfortable pang of embarrassment on your behalf, and making you look anymore foolish than you're already doing yourself would be unnecessary piling on.

But keep beating up that strawman, you're giving him a hell of a run for his money.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:01 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,091,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Gibson's Pants View Post
Ummmm...it's very clear to me that you haven't spent much time on any of these sites and are operating under what other people have told you.
I have been to those sites, and I quoted, on another thread which you participated in, a lot of items from those sites.

The site that YOU described as "the best game site out there" has much to say. You also challenged me to pick out something that I had a "problem" with on that site.

Here's my original post in response, which gave quotes and links.

But in a nutshell, this blog that you describe as "the best game site out there":
  • Wishes that the 19th amendment was never passed. He wishes that women never got the right to vote.
  • Has at least one post which quotes someone who encourages men to treat women like garbage. He seems to agree with the premise. Cheat on her, do anything to her, but never be nice to her!
  • Women seem to want physical or emotional pain. It turns them on (in a nutshell).
  • Women were designed to be submissive and they secretly crave a "worthy overlord." The author of that blog says that she is happiest when she is "submitting to a worthy overlord."

Other bloggers within the same sphere (including one blogger that you linked to with a recommended article) have posts about how to cheat on your girlfriend, and how to diminish your girlfriend's self-esteem, as well as why education is bad for women.

You somehow managed to miss addressing these points in the other thread, just as you magically seem to have disappeared from that thread. But I participate on this one too. You want to defend these PUA/men's rights sites and what they say? Start by defending these things.

Tell us, is it true that all women secretly want to be submissive to an "overlord"? Do we like having physical and emotional pain inflicted on us? Are we less sexy when we have anything higher than a bachelor's degree? Was it the worst thing to happen to the USA when women got the vote? Why is it bad that women are "allowed" to hold jobs of authority, like being bosses? These are all things that the blogs YOU recommend are saying.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:58 PM

600 posts, read 825,327 times
Usually that extreme jealously is viewing sex as the ultimate form of validation. Even to a lesser extent, dating someone is a milder form of validation as well. The most interesting part of a lot of the PUA website's is that they even have forums to detail their sexual experience. I think it is funny b/c the sex was not enough, you need to also tell a complete stranger over the internet that you had sex as well. I've never been one to kiss and tell, why ?

I am almost convinced that the validation of describing the sex and how the person handled the woman in a posted thread is the bigger 'high' vs. the actual sex. If you had sex and you enjoyed it, isn't that the end goal ? Why does it need to be written about in great detail (unless you have a professional sex blog).

Regrettably, I have NEVER had good oral LOL. It's always been pretty blah and one time I even fell asleep. Yikes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology