Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2014, 04:34 PM

43 posts, read 40,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
How could you possibly be so terribly sure how women think, if you're not a woman. Hmmmm...

I don't think gamers act normally. I think they act as if the world were a dangerous, hostile, horrible place where one has to have a chip on the shoulder. My trainer was a former gamer. Then he decided to work out and get fit, eat healthier, meditate, learn a new way, and he's a wonderful, awesome, healthy guy who meets girls, goes out, etc.
I think its funny how you describe how your trainer decided to give up game by doing exactly what game reccomends. Lol.

By the way, these studies were conducted by polling women...how exactly does that tell women how they feel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 05:33 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Gibson's Pants View Post
Yes, well you're a special snowflake, I'm sure.

Kindly explain how "not smiling" = mentally disturbed.

You deal in some pretty strange absolutes.
Wrong. In fact one of the most important abilities a human being can have, is to make people laugh.

Be a SELF-CONFIDENT, happy guy, with his own activities that he LOVES, who makes people laugh, and guaranteed everyone will want to spend time with you.

Behave like a deadpan, serious, psycho-acting wacko who doesn't know what a real sense of humor is, and guaranteed, you'll attract the nutjobs, or just have people run from you like you're the plague.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
I think its funny how you describe how your trainer decided to give up game by doing exactly what game reccomends. Lol.

By the way, these studies were conducted by polling women...how exactly does that tell women how they feel?
What?

I don't think you read what I wrote. I said he was a gamer, in other words, he spent his time playing computer games. Not playing stupid-a$$ games like those suggested on the loser PUA sites. That's how obsessed you are with the PUA sites, that you see the word "game" and you automatically think PUA tactics.

He was morose, unhappy, always on the computer, a loser who couldn't get anyone interested in him, friends or anything. Then he decided to get healthy. He meditates, he eats organic food, he trains (not to bodybuild, but just to be healthy), and he developed activities. He is now a musician as well. He's one of the kindest persons I know, and he now has a girlfriend.

Compare that to the wackoness of PUA site suggestions.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:30 PM

43 posts, read 40,044 times
Quote:
What?

I don't think you read what I wrote. I said he was a gamer, in other words, he spent his time playing computer games. Not playing stupid-a$$ games like those suggested on the loser PUA sites. That's how obsessed you are with the PUA sites, that you see the word "game" and you automatically think PUA tactics.

He was morose, unhappy, always on the computer, a loser who couldn't get anyone interested in him, friends or anything. Then he decided to get healthy. He meditates, he eats organic food, he trains (not to bodybuild, but just to be healthy), and he developed activities. He is now a musician as well. He's one of the kindest persons I know, and he now has a girlfriend.

Compare that to the wackoness of PUA site suggestions.
Those are, in fact, exactly the type of things the man sites reccomend, despite all the focus on the more "out there" elements.

You sound angry. You should have that checked out.

6000 posts to a stupid discussion forum, there is a world outside of getting uppity with people on the internet, you know? Maybe you could take a page from your former gamer friend.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Those are, in fact, exactly the type of things the man sites reccomend, despite all the focus on the more "out there" elements.

You sound angry. You should have that checked out.

6000 posts to a stupid discussion forum, there is a world outside of getting uppity with people on the internet, you know? Maybe you could take a page from your former gamer friend.
Why would you think I'm angry when I correct your misinterpretation of what I typed out? Perhaps the main problem is (as someone already said) that the PUA and men's rights groups folks are excessively sensitive to absolutely everything, and need to be away from regular society, where they might feel themselves insulted by normal life.

And no, the PUA sites are not recommending getting healthy. Perhaps once in a blue moon they do, who knows. They're generally recommending ways to "trick" or "outwit" women, which is a bizarre way to look at the whole friendship, dating, love thing.

What I would recommend would be 1) getting healthy physically, 2) getting a hobby or activity and throwing themselves into that hobby or activity, and 3) being nice, and, 4) ceasing with the obsession to get a date, get sex, etc. Friendships, dates and love will come of their own accord. Unless the person is a complete weirdo, of course, and unwilling or unable to change.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:41 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,091,577 times
Quote:
Why would you think I'm angry when I correct your misinterpretation of what I typed out? Perhaps the main problem is (as someone already said) that the PUA and men's rights groups folks are excessively sensitive to absolutely everything, and need to be away from regular society, where they might feel themselves insulted by normal life.
Remember, he characterized you as "uppity." You are getting above yourself. Remember, women's suffrage (and the 19th amendment) were the worst thing that happened! Too bad they can't repeal women's right to vote! (At least according to a blog which this guy thinks is one of the "best" for giving advice to men! )

Old 07-01-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
Remember, he characterized you as "uppity." You are getting above yourself. Remember, women's suffrage (and the 19th amendment) were the worst thing that happened! Too bad they can't repeal women's right to vote! (At least according to a blog which this guy thinks is one of the "best" for giving advice to men! )
Oh I forgot! I've been too uppity! Bad me.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:57 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,982,872 times
Quote:

And the fact that simply being a woman doesn't make one an expert on what women feel. would an asexual man be an expert on male sexuality? No.

And yes, the science proves what most women go for. People can whine all day, but I posted the studies and they go a lot further than personal anecdotes.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:27 PM

600 posts, read 825,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
And the fact that simply being a woman doesn't make one an expert on what women feel. would an asexual man be an expert on male sexuality? No.

And yes, the science proves what most women go for. People can whine all day, but I posted the studies and they go a lot further than personal anecdotes.

I've come to find out what women say what they want, and what they actually respond to are 2 totally different things. Not always, but I notice it a lot. Or sometimes women just don't know what they actually want period.

This girl I met in LA that was from Texas I was talking on the phone to a few days ago who is slightly older than me (she's in her 30s) I just asked her point blank "You are pretty attractive, I'm just curious why you are single. You can't tell me there are not more gentlemen in Texas." (I already told her my story and I wasn't looking for anything serious).

She told me that she had met a lot of guys and been on a lot dates and can't find the right guy, but she's looking for a nice guy. She said the most recent date she was on the guy was "too nice" and stopped talking to him. She said she wanted a guy who was nice, but not "too nice".......Um, what ??? This woman is in her 30s, I would expect this from a woman in her early 20s, but that's what she said anyways. You'd think you would know what you specifically would want. This is not the first time I have encountered this by the way.

What ended up happening is we met up and talked and had a few drinks, then went back to her hotel room that night. Our conversation got pretty sexual early on and just went from there. I guess, I was nice but not "too nice". We still talk today and laugh about it.

I've had many women try to offer me advice, and I always dismiss it.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLMG View Post
I've come to find out what women say what they want, and what they actually respond to are 2 totally different things. Not always, but I notice it a lot. Or sometimes women just don't know what they actually want period.

This girl I met in LA that was from Texas I was talking on the phone to a few days ago who is slightly older than me (she's in her 30s) I just asked her point blank "You are pretty attractive, I'm just curious why you are single. You can't tell me there are not more gentlemen in Texas." (I already told her my story and I wasn't looking for anything serious).

She told me that she had met a lot of guys and been on a lot dates and can't find the right guy, but she's looking for a nice guy. She said the most recent date she was on the guy was "too nice" and stopped talking to him. She said she wanted a guy who was nice, but not "too nice".......Um, what ??? This woman is in her 30s, I would expect this from a woman in her early 20s, but that's what she said anyways. You'd think you would know what you specifically would want. This is not the first time I have encountered this by the way.

What ended up happening is we met up and talked and had a few drinks, then went back to her hotel room that night. Our conversation got pretty sexual early on and just went from there. I guess, I was nice but not "too nice". We still talk today and laugh about it.

I've had many women try to offer me advice, and I always dismiss it.
The word "nice" is kinda overused.

In any case. A person can be legitimately nice. Or the person can be excessively, exaggeratingly obliging, running to open doors, agreeing to everything all the time, and being weirdly nervous, in other words, "too nice." It's really uncomfortable. So, does that mean that the way to avoid being "too nice" is to be a total d***? NO. And that's where the PUA groups are giving out bad info. PUA groups feel that in order to avoid being excessively weirdly nervous, the best solution is to be a total and absolute a-h. For PUA groups, there's no in-between, there's no normal, there's only one extreme ("too nice") or the other (a mean pr***).

But I digress.

Often people will say the person is "too nice" when he's too obliging, when he's just nervous as a leaf shaking in the wind and so eager to please that people see him as a nervous wreck. When people are too desperate to please (which is highly uncomfortable to everyone), I sometimes say the person is "too nice" because even though he's too nervous, he's not being mean. It's nicer to say "too nice" than to say he's uncomfortably desperate and nervous as hell.

So it's good to be "nice" as in normal. It's not advantageous to be "too nice" as in coming across too nervous, too excessive, too extreme, and as if the person has never met a woman in his entire life.

Makes sense? I hope that explained it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology