Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2018, 10:05 AM

50,828 posts, read 36,527,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I don't think you can know that from one documentary lol. The motive of the creators may have been to make you see them in a certain light.
Wasn’t just one there have been several shows about it over the years.

The aim for this man, is to re-create his abusive childhood, this time without the abuse, so that he feels safe. Someone having sex with him while he’s dressed as a baby would defeat the whole purpose of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2018, 12:57 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,413,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post

He used to work and pull down a salary. I don't think he should be getting disability payments.

I think he has a sexual fetish and it's on the taxpayer to fund it. I saw his picture. He's wearing a giant diaper and a woman takes care of him. I'm sure she changes his diaper, bathes him. I think he has a sexual fetish.
Tell me, how many people with an infantilism fetish have you worked with in your capacity as a psychologist? Or are you a psychiatrist?

You seem really sure about a lot of stuff regarding infantilism.

Old 07-14-2018, 01:23 PM

9,424 posts, read 11,176,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I've read about this person. I do believe he has mental health issues but I don't believe his "disorder" should necessarily be legitimized. I think there is some sexual fetish going on and I don't think the taxpayer should be subsidizing this.
I think the official name of the thisorder is a$$wh()!e!

Old 07-14-2018, 05:36 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,951,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I wish I had seen that episode and what Dr. Phil had to say.
Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nfvATupMTY

Old 07-14-2018, 09:36 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I'm surprised they call is a "disorder"; isn't it just a "preference"? If not yet, it soon will be (normalized), I'm sure...
I often see/hear this term “normalized,” but still don’t fully understand the meaning of that... do you mean it will be legally recognized as a protected class, or just that people won’t call them weird, or ??? And what else would you put under this category? I’m curious.

Old 07-14-2018, 09:41 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
It's a weird fetish, that's for sure.

I have a spanking fetish, and I used to like the idea of dressing up as a schoolgirl for it. My husband shut that down...he said there's NOTHING attractive to him at all about interacting sexually with a "schoolgirl," so I can dress up as a teacher or librarian or something, but not anything emulating a minor. I had never thought of it that way, but he's totally right.
As a librarian myself, I always have to laugh when people say they “dress as a librarian.” What does that mean, exactly? I wear jeans and casual blouses or tees to work every day, lol.

Although I did dress as a “stereotypical librarian” for Halloween one year, complete with a tweed skirt suit, chain for my glasses, and a grey-wig bun. Is that what you dress like for these sessions?

(I’m mostly just teasing you, but we do get a little tired of the stereotypes in our profession - especially since they are terribly outdated and irrelevant to your modern librarian)

Old 07-15-2018, 05:08 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times
Unfortunately for me, since I can't wash my brain, I read too much about how many people practice these sexual fetishes. People doing age play are sexually aroused by the pretend that they are having sex with a baby or a young child or a teen. to say no one does is ludicrous.

Here is a nice whitewashed version than some of the crap I read and wish I never had.

Quote:
Ageplay can be sexual. It may be mildly sexual, or very sexual. Within dominant/submissive relationships, ageplay can enhance power dynamics, and allow a partner to feel more comfortable with their dominance or submission. Sissification of men is one role within ageplay, and can add another type of dynamic to the relationship, it can include degradation and humiliation play.

Sexual variations may include among other things such as incest play, in which individuals recreate and sexualize roles within a family,[2] and Daddy's girl fetishism in which real or imagined age differences are the basis of the roleplaying and the female is portrayed as the younger partner.[3]

Ageplay is not considered pedophilia or related to pedophilia by professional psychologists.[4] Individuals who ageplay enjoy portraying children, or enjoy childlike elements typical of children present in adults.

In a BDSM type ageplay relationship, there might be roleplay that includes spankings or some sort of punishment that consenting parties agree to. This type of relationship may intersect with elements of petplay, in which one party is a "pet" to a human caregiver, although there often are differences between the items and scenarios used in each.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ageplay

Old 07-15-2018, 08:48 AM

50,828 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I often see/hear this term “normalized,” but still don’t fully understand the meaning of that... do you mean it will be legally recognized as a protected class, or just that people won’t call them weird, or ??? And what else would you put under this category? I’m curious.
It’s a fetish. Dr. Phil and that man may have called it a disorder but it is not an official disorder.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
They are both ill, I don't care what anyone says. Thanks for the clip! omg. She changes his diapers. He poops and pees into diapers on purpose, not because he's incontinent. And she wants more baby talk.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It’s a fetish. Dr. Phil and that man may have called it a disorder but it is not an official disorder.
How is it labeled a 'fetish' in your mind if it isn't sexual?

Definition of the word fetish:

a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology