Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 04:01 AM

1,310 posts, read 2,940,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb3589 View Post
The traffic signals were installed today! It won't be long now.
About freakin time. Saw an impatient driver almost get T-boned trying to make a left turn onto OKC Rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 08:22 AM

1,236 posts, read 1,400,215 times
I have literally witnessed THREE accidents at the O'Kelly Chapel-GLC intersection, due to the fact that I live at the apartments on that corner. I hate even driving through there, because I have to be mindful of my driving, as well watch in three directions for whomever might NOT be paying attention while also motoring through this death trap intersection. They need a stop light ASAP!

Old 07-11-2014, 07:35 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,832,258 times
I was disappointed to see that the stoplight has span wires instead of mast arms. I hope this is only a temporary configuration, but even then, temporary can frequently mean permanent in practice.

Oh well, at least they are putting in the stoplight at all.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:23 AM

173 posts, read 313,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orulz View Post
I was disappointed to see that the stoplight has span wires instead of mast arms. I hope this is only a temporary configuration, but even then, temporary can frequently mean permanent in practice.

Oh well, at least they are putting in the stoplight at all.
Agreed - not even metal poles for the wires either. But, I'll gladly take wood poles with the span wires over no stoplight at all.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:59 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,827,210 times
I'm sure the lanes will widen again at some point. So much construction but the light was a necessity.

Old 07-26-2014, 04:04 AM

Okay, the lights are installed but maybe someone forgot to flip the switch to 'on'? When will the dang signals start to function??

Old 07-26-2014, 06:40 AM

173 posts, read 313,137 times
Town of Cary said mid-August when I asked them a few weeks ago.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:08 AM

9,146 posts, read 14,773,090 times
They have to get power turned on which given Duke Progress' suckitude takes a few days then they have to be on blink for 7 days before they can be made functional.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:53 AM

From David Spencer
Traffic Engineering Supervisor
Town of Cary
Transportation & Facilities Department:

Thank you for contacting us about the new traffic signal installation at O'Kelly Chapel Rd and Green Level Church Rd. The Town is also very eager for the completion of all construction activities and the initiation of operation for this very important traffic signal. This traffic signal is the responsibility of a private developer and they have hired an electrical contractor to install the traffic signal on their behalf. The Town has a limited role in this project since both roadways are NCDOT maintained and the signal is being installed by a private developer. The Town's role is limited to inspection services.

At this time, it is our understanding that the installation of all equipment is complete and inspections of the signal equipment have been conducted. The last remaining items are a final inspection from the Department of Insurance and turning power on to the signal equipment which is handled by Duke Energy Progress. Both groups have been contacted and that work is being scheduled now. Based on the delay and safety concerns, the Town continues to emphasize the importance of completing this signal with the contractor. We will also contact the State Department of Insurance as well as Duke Energy Progress to help further expedite this work.

Thank you again for contacting us about your concerns with safety at this intersection. It is our hope that this signal is operational as soon as possible.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:37 PM

86 posts, read 123,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb3589 View Post
Agreed - not even metal poles for the wires either. But, I'll gladly take wood poles with the span wires over no stoplight at all.
Wood poles are the cheapest option. The developer would use a couple of 2x4s if you let him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary