Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 02:46 PM

2,424 posts, read 3,538,172 times

Advertisements

Just mailed a Priority Mail envelope to El Paso and it took 11 days to get there and that is not the first time. 10 days for a letter from Indianapolis to Georgia, not Atlanta. IMO, there are problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2015, 08:13 PM

703 posts, read 780,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-150 View Post
Ordered item on Amazon 12/10 received it 12/12 @ 10:00am through USPS great job as always!
Curious to know what part of the Triangle you live in?

Old 12-14-2015, 01:00 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,166,601 times
We used to get consistent 2nd day service when Amazon shipped with FedEx and UPS. With USPS, doesn't happen 80+% of the time.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:33 PM

5,345 posts, read 3,214,825 times
Here's my USPS story of the day.

I had 2 packages coming yesterday. The driver is making deliveries in the neighborhood and one of my packages falls off the truck, into a pile of leaves. A neighbor messages me and says that she found my package (she is on the other side of the development). She said she saw the truck parked there and my package must have been on a bumper or just fell out of the door and into the pile of leaves in the street. Later my remaining package was delivered, and I got the text saying that package was delivered.

Then the kicker, at 5:00 I get another text saying that the (dropped) package was delivered. I'm guessing that the mail carrier noticed his truck was empty so he just marked it delivered.

If not for the neighbor seeing my package on a pile of leaves in the street I would have had to fight it out with the shipper that I never received the package (USPS marked "Left at front door").

So shady.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:45 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,577,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Here's my USPS story of the day.

I had 2 packages coming yesterday. The driver is making deliveries in the neighborhood and one of my packages falls off the truck, into a pile of leaves. A neighbor messages me and says that she found my package (she is on the other side of the development). She said she saw the truck parked there and my package must have been on a bumper or just fell out of the door and into the pile of leaves in the street. Later my remaining package was delivered, and I got the text saying that package was delivered.

Then the kicker, at 5:00 I get another text saying that the (dropped) package was delivered. I'm guessing that the mail carrier noticed his truck was empty so he just marked it delivered.

If not for the neighbor seeing my package on a pile of leaves in the street I would have had to fight it out with the shipper that I never received the package (USPS marked "Left at front door").

So shady.
My wife ordered something that was shipped from Greensboro, was updated last Sunday to show that it was received by USPS and still hasn't made it to our door. It was something that was intended as a gift to be given this past weekend and so it's more than a bit frustrating.

Old 12-14-2015, 01:02 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,829,826 times
27615, and we have the same thing--sometimes as late as 6:30 or 7:00 PM, and that was before the Holiday season.

Then, just when you get used to them coming late, they come at 11 AM the day you had something to go out.

Old 12-14-2015, 04:37 PM

USPS tracking showed my package out for delivery today. Should have been small enough to fit in the mailbox. Mail came early today, before 6pm, package did not make it. Tracking now shows it back at the post office. Incompetence, does not even begin to describe the USPS.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:26 AM

5,345 posts, read 3,214,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
Incompetence, does not even begin to describe the USPS.
I think that's what annoys me the most about the USPS. And where do you go to complain? Nowhere!

I know for a fact that my package fell out of the truck into a pile of leaves on the street (about 1.5 miles from my house), yet at the end of his day the mail carrier marked it "delivered".

Old 12-15-2015, 02:06 PM

Yep, they are all about covering their own backsides. Just like I mentioned with "guaranteed" delivery tumes, and them marking them as delivered when they never even made an attempt. They simply point out, "it was delivered on the 2nd day"and according to their records, it was. My package is saying it was delivered today. Curious to see if it's there or not. Since our mail hasn't been running till after 8pm.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:46 PM

286 posts, read 749,863 times
Did anyone in 27615 receive mail delivery today- Monday 1/25? I can understand no mail delivery last Friday or Saturday due to the snow/ice, but was expecting mail today. I guess I expected too much.....no mail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary