Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2013, 07:29 AM

206 posts, read 310,343 times

Advertisements

Anyone remember there used to be a Winn Dixie on Person St?

And how about Hayes-Barton pool? I lived a few houses from it and us kids would always walk there to swim. No parents needed to watch over kids back then, we stayed there all day. I remember when I was around 10 I was so scared of the high dive but wanted to jump off it. I was 12 or 13 before I got the courage up to do it. It seemed high as a mountain lol

My mom said she taught me to swim there in the kiddie pool when I was in diapers, but I was too young to remember it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 07:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,283 times
Default Pizza Place

Gino Cappaletti's Pizza

Old 07-21-2013, 02:01 AM

2,932 posts, read 7,820,952 times
I can't believe my thread is 5 years old and still going strong.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:27 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ Public View Post
I can't believe my thread is 5 years old and still going strong.
Fun thread

Anyone remember the name of the drive-inn movie at the corner Maynard and Hillsborough Rd.? The Chatham maybe?

Old 07-21-2013, 05:37 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoXmas50 View Post
Gino Cappaletti's Pizza
We had a Gino's on Fayetteville St. once...first Pizza I ever ate Gino's moved to the South Hills Shopping Center in Cary when it first opened. It eventually closed.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,079 times
Talking Charlie Brown's in '66

Just up the highway from the Plantation Inn and down the hill from the Cloth Barn buildings was Charlie Brown's, at Gresham's Lake (a mere pond now, a small lake then, with a park opposite Charlie Brown's). I met my wife of 45 years in the parking lot there. Decent steak, dancing; went there only once...lad14a

Old 11-25-2013, 10:49 PM

4 posts, read 7,503 times
I remember Hayes-Barton pool well. I learned to swim there. I think my knees are still all cut up from that concrete on the bottom of the thing.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:54 PM

Default old K-mart pizza place

Does anyone remember the name of that pizza place that was directly across the street from that "old" K-mart on Six Forks Rd and Wake Forest Rd. in the 1970's? I think it was the first place I ever had a pizza.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:01 PM

I love this thread! I'm remembering so much ancient knowledge..

I remember when the Angus Barn was the height of food excellence in Raleigh. I was never allowed to go, but I've always wanted to go. In the intervening years, I've probably eaten at some of the best restaurants in San Francisco and New York, but the Angus Barn seems like an unobtainable goal.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:03 PM

I love this thread! I'm remembering so much ancient knowledge..

I remember when the Angus Barn was the height of food excellence in Raleigh. I was never allowed to go, but I've always wanted to go. In the intervening years, I've probably eaten at some of the best restaurants in San Francisco and New York, but the Angus Barn seems like an unobtainable goal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary