Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 06:19 AM

836 posts, read 3,468,894 times

Advertisements

I third, fourth?, Cloos Coney Island in Mission Valley. Their hot dogs have the "snap". I also love Roast Grill downtown.

And on the North/South thing, I think the complaint was not about the people asking "where can I get hot dogs like up north", which is a legitimate question. It was a complaint about why do you have to say bad things about the way Southerners eat their hot dogs in asking the question. I am a Southerner and don't like my dogs with slaw, like many in NC, but there is no reason to say bad things about them.

And the soggy buns......I think you just went to a bad hot dog vendor....it is the fair, for goodness sake....what did you expect. At the fair, I go for corn dogs only and am careful to get the ones freshly made, not the ones sitting out for hours. The quality from vendor to vendor at the fair is QUITE different!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 08:47 AM

3 posts, read 11,149 times
Default Cloos

Cloos in Mission Valley has the best hot dogs in the Triangle. They also have awesome cheese fries. They are an NC State institution!

Old 11-12-2007, 11:28 AM

2 posts, read 9,351 times
The best place to get hot dogs is in front of Lowes Home improvements. They serve Sabrett hot dogs with the best condiments in town.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:50 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighboy View Post
What north carolina native would dare make an ass of themselves by bitching about the lack of grits, red eye gravy, hog jaw, cue, chicken pastry, fried cornbread, collards, black eyed peas up North? Get over your self. This is OUR home. You chose to move here. Why should we change for anyone? Have you ever heard of southerners trying to change Yankee culture? Hell no.
One giant *YAWN* from me for the same old, same old bitching about people who simply want some food they like, and might I tell you that when I lived in NYC I heard plenty of southerners complain (the forum won't let me say female dog) about lack of grits and good barbecue. Just adjust, dude, don't get yourself so worked up, sheesh.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:25 PM

168 posts, read 500,087 times
While I agree that Northerners should not try to change the traditional Southern ways, there are plenty of things that we can add to make the area more diverse.
What I do find disturbing is the continual use of the term Yankee. Should all northerners refer to all southerners as Rednecks or Hillbillies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
One giant *YAWN* from me for the same old, same old bitching about people who simply want some food they like, and might I tell you that when I lived in NYC I heard plenty of southerners complain (the forum won't let me say female dog) about lack of grits and good barbecue. Just adjust, dude, don't get yourself so worked up, sheesh.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:29 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Rodney King said it best when he said:

"Can't we all just get along?"

Old 11-12-2007, 04:10 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Rodney King said it best when he said:

"Can't we all just get along?"

Yes and believe me, I want to eat both Southern AND Northern food! I will do my part for the cause!!!! Now where are the biscuits. I only eat veggie dogs.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:11 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
Yes and believe me, I want to eat both Southern AND Northern food! I will do my part for the cause!!!! Now where are the biscuits. I only eat veggie dogs.
I gotta tell ya... a good country ham biscuit sounds great right now...

Old 07-06-2008, 02:57 AM

1 posts, read 4,448 times
Default Hot Dogs in Durham

Can anyone tell me how to find the hot dog vendor at Duke (is he still there?)
Thanks

Old 07-06-2008, 06:21 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
I'm partial to The Dog House hotdogs if I'm in the Durham area. Also there's vendor cart on Hillsborough St. in Raleigh across from NCSU called Hungry Hank's. He sells a very good kosher hotdog, and you want find a cleaner hotdog stand anywhere. His stand is in front of the Wachovia Bank..Mon-Thurs I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary