Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 08:53 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times

Advertisements

Tambre, mid november we are headed out to buy!
Painter, less foreclosures is better for you and i bet prices start to go up next year!! I was in Lowe's this am to get boxes to ship ebay stuff and i got excited about redoing a new house. i love house projects!!
Tex, that's motherhood for ya! you want to sleep, kids want to play!! i get that when i get home from work, too.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:38 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Tex, that's motherhood for ya! you want to sleep, kids want to play!! i get that when i get home from work, too.
Yep...just tried to lay down and he is AWAKE!!! My realtor just stopped by to remove the lock box off of my door. She said the sign should be down by mid-week. She said they hire out people to remove signs and some of them are lazy as H....so that explains why it takes so freaking long for them to pick up the signs! Who (was it Painter?) was going to throw the sign in the barn or deliver it to the office....I forget!!!

She also said there is NO holdover clause---after the 10 days is up, if someone makes an offer next month when they looked at it last month with her--I owe her no commission. She said "We had a 6 month contract and you fullfilled your agreement."

Old 10-11-2009, 09:52 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Joy I worked on 43rd and 8th in NYC for many years and drag queens were everywhere.

Barb have fun.

Snowing like crazy-told him I cannot take this this year.
Look deep into my eyes: 'Panama, Panama, Panama - no snow, no snow no snow' lol just remember how much psuedo said MN got when I'd complain about CO so I feel your pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
too funny! my husband and I went to gay clubs when we first met. They really did have the best dance music. The only downside was the guys were trying to pick up my date
LMAO Brook. Opposite thing happened to me first time psuedo screwed me over (which should have been my first clue), anyway went to CA when I had my little breakdown, and stayed with a friend who was gay and I had absolutely, DUH, no interest in guys and dating. Anyway, went with him to a total gay/leather bar - I mean I was the ONLY woman there, and guess what? A guy comes up to me and starts hitting on my. Almost knocked him out. Got right in his face and said, "dude, I'm straight, if I wanted a man I'd go to a straight bar and came here because all the guys are gay and THOUGHT I'd be left alone!" lol all of the guys standing around started laughing/giggling and started hassling the guy for bothering me. Then we went back to having fun and the guy kind of slithered out the door lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Wow. A sticky. lol

I haven't wanted to come here with all the whining I would be doing. Things got worse - dh moved out. But, I'm doing better emotionally now (as of only two days ago) and I've put my faith in God that He is going to work things out.

I hope everyone is well.
Honey I'm really sorry and why I wasn't trying to be cruel or anything when I made that post before - just been there, done that and even own the entire T Shirt factory. You and kids deserve better, so take care of yourself and your kids, leave it in God's hands and get yourself a good attorney so all of you are protected. XX

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Okay here is one for today- Oct 11th- In 1968, Apollo 7 was the first manned flight, 'supposedly' orbiting 4.5 million miles around earth. This was also the first LIVE tv transmissions from space.

Was all that Apollo manned flight to the moon jazz for real or a hoax....what say you???!
Girl I see conspiracy around every corner, so wouldn't surprise me in the least - kind of like only one shooter with JFK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Very funny Joy! This one has me chuckling Did you make that glasses thing up off the top of your head? Could have been the beginning of your future sales career
Actually guess I should have gotten into acting 'cause was complete improv - was so taken aback that I just made up the story real quick because I was absolutely horrified Hmmm, maybe I'll look into a career change cause sure would be better in some ways than dealing with attorneys, banks UGH. Course my 'acting/stroking' skills do come in handy in RE lol

Quote:
Morning all! A troll visit huh.

Joy hope news is good and you got some rest.
Thanks honey. XXOO

Quote:

Lacey, i heard echinacea is best used for 10 days on, 20 off, because it's effectiveness wears off. I don't do echinacea (on a regular basis), this year i am using olive leaf extract.

Sold some things on Ebay and Craigslist this wknd!
Well good on ya Stoy - You and C'ma now the queens of Ebay and Craig's List

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey Stoy,

Not only am I not packing, my house is full of new couches, furniture and household goods that my kids just bought, and are storing for their move to their apartments on Oct. 15th. Figures that the appraiser is coming on Tuesday, to this total mess! By the way, the buyer's agent wasn't available to meet the appraiser, so I'm taking off from work to let him/her in. Our closing date was moved to on or about Nov. 21st. My job ends on Oct. 23. With the kids moving out, three bedrooms will be empty, so, I think we'll have plenty of time to get things in order by moving day. I'm still uncertain when to order the ABF moving van for.

LOL so you're not packing, but kids storing their new things there - ah, got to love our children Appraiser is going to understand that you're moving and just maybe have their things in somewhat of order and away from places he needs to check. They're appraising the house, not the fact there's stuff in the house so all will be well.

Lacey, that is amazing about your grandson starting out so tiny, and now with a size 16 shoe. If it's like with puppies, the bigger the paws, the bigger the dog. Maybe you'll have a quarterback in your family. Of course, if he's any good, he'll have to play for the Steelers, lol.

Of course the Steelers LOL

Crazyma, I'm not sure about the Apollo controversy. It wouldn't surprise me totally that he government was not being exactly truthful!

Ya think, LOL in a sad sort of way. I trust no government and especially that one.

Joy, dmed you. Got it sweetie XXOO

Ok Ladies, Git 'er Done! Love ya all.
Back at ya!

Quote:
Tambre, closing date is Oct 30, yep, inlaws live 20 min away. my parents live 30 min away, so we've been storing stuff there. never heard about appraisal. can't help but laugh that your kids are filling up the house. are they ok with it yet?? DH wants to look for a job AND a house when we go out there next month. all in 5 days!! too much for me, i will look before we move. We both plan on working here thru January anyway. cold this am, isnt it?
Nj, are you ok??
Well you look at houses, he can look for job lol - like I tell husbands here, if mama ain't happy no one is happy so let him focus on job hunt and you narrow down the choices in house (kind of like I did with pseudo and the sectional - gave him 3 choices of fabric, 2 I knew he'd hate lol so he'd pick the one I wanted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning all, Glad to see you two talking about closing and moving! So dang exciting, just love the thought of getting a new house to decorate, yep, it is my favorite thing to do....ohhhh some day. Tambre, tell the appraiser you are redecorating for the buyers because you just are sooo dang grateful, lol.....

Now that's a great idea Carol! Love decorating too - just need to like get Goldy or Annie to shop for me, though have to admit when it comes to buying stuff for the house don't mind shopping. It's all the other stuff I hate lol

Had one inquiry this weekend but no scheduling to show. I just dont hold much hope in selling till next yr...then who knows what drop in price it will take. They, the so called experts, lol, are saying that Fl went up 20% in sales this last month state wide. Unfortunately, I think it is mostly forclosures, no numbers on resales.
That's why need to get all the SS and REO's out of the inventory so people know and there are accurate numbers. Hard to know what's what when there are so many in the inventory. But as they get snagged up, then it will be easier to evaluate numbers but you're right - sales went up 'cause so did foreclosures, so . . . these 'expert's just put the spin on it they want thinking people are stupid or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post

Hey Stoy, Tex,*yes, rest and fluids girl! Lots of honey, lemon and tea for me.,.. Tambre, Joy, Dogmom and everyone else I forgot who wished me well. THANK YOU! I was up half the night with my throat and ears hurting! Think its just bad head cold? Weird no runny nose but coughing crap ....occasionally! tmi. Sorry. Gross. I guess it has to run its course! I keep taking Motrin and its good for a while then gargling with salt water. Other people have lot worse problems than I...Mia is coughing alot now too...Ugh. Too early for this bs. It's the state of NJ making us sick lol...it wasn't meant to be for us here.

You're right - just has to run it's course Annie. When in CO with the dang weather changes, I mean 75 one day snowing the next, always got a cold etc. Cold medicine just made me feel worse so I'd just let it work through my system. Hope you all start feeling better and lol on the State of NJ making you all sick. Though probably kidlets brought it home from school 'cause all it takes is one kid in class to infect everyone.

Painter- that sucks no showings. Sucks here too. FSBO for me Tex and Lacey I am guessing now!!! Onward and upward.......Wouldnt that be cool if we ALL SOLD FSBO? I could definitely be a better agent *as well as you Painter and Tex and Lacey*....than the ones we had!!
Tex- sounds like yours just gave up...What an idiot....

A lot of them out there - and no reason why you all can't, again maybe even use limited/flat fee agent to just throw on MLS then put on free sites, flyers, classifieds, etc.

Bought a used Mercury Mountaineer AWD with 3rd row seat...so happy we got something. Have a few people looking at my old Mercedes to get rid of it now....I dont wanna give it up-its my Mafia Car....an S420 sedan but too many miles on it. People want everything for free too, just like my house!!

Ain't that the truth! But congrats on the new SUV and you'll love that 3rd row seat. God knows you need it!

It was freezing here this am....40's through the night. I need an electric blanket and electric pair of socks! Anyone know if any sports store carries them>LOL..

Well you find them let me know! Very, very, very 'cool' here today and already have my warm sockies on along with hoody.

We were going to go apple picking but not sure with all of us feeling like shat! except Noah!! LOl.. HE'S getting alot better.!
Well glad Noah's better, but since he was the first sick . . . either picked it up from another kid or that nasty bus driver! Hope the rest of you guys start feeling better soon and maybe send them to school in a bubble (like that one seinfeld episode about the 'bubble boy' lol) That'll keep them from picking up any nasty germs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

No park this morning ...too dang cold! It was in the low 40's. I am exhausted, but everytime I try to sleep, Watson jumps up on me and does his play nipping. Now he is fast asleep on my chest while I type. ...but if I dare lay down...he will be awake in a HOT NY minute.

Of course lol Watson is too smart for his own good! That is cold, low 40's brrrrrrrrrrrr. That's why I say real, real, real 'cool' 'cause can't use the big C word cause compared to you other guys, well . . .

Last night was ok. I wanted to check on this one patient that I've been following but the nurse who was taking care of him wouldn't give me any info!!! I freaking work there. The nurse was extremely vague and just said..."still very sick, not much improvement" ....meanwhile if the tables were turned I would update him in a professional manner.

Anne I hope you and your family feels better soon!
You know that just sucks and really unprofessional. When I was in hospital after having DS (you already know what I went through) my SIL was a prenatal nurse in the same hospital and the nurse I had was a total to me and SIL flat went to the head nurse and said that's my SIL, my nephew so I want the shift so I can take care of her/him. My SIL was/still is, shall we say, extremely aggressive so the head nurse just said 'fine, okay, whatever - you got it' and switched out the shift schedule. Sure the nurse from he$$ wasn't happy, but I was.

Oh and pimping those Steelers LOL saw that and had to laugh. GO STEELERS. Sweet Jesus I hope they don't ever play the Packs or I'm screwed

So a big welcome to one of our new camper's/posters, Gumby. Great advice on the deli meat and couldn't agree more - didn't know about the one sausage type one. That's one thing we do at the camp is give each other a hand, advice and help each other - so welcome to the Camp!

Old 10-11-2009, 12:29 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
Joy, GOLD MEDAL for the longest post. how are ya??! was thinking about you. wait, not in that 'gay bar' kind of way!! haha.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:32 PM

Default Thought for the Day

Old 10-11-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Joy, GOLD MEDAL for the longest post. how are ya??! was thinking about you. wait, not in that 'gay bar' kind of way!! haha.
Well glad not 'that way' lol. Still in holding pattern XX

Old 10-11-2009, 12:36 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Hang in there Girl-we're here.

More snow tonight ladies.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:41 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Oh my I have a lot of catching up to do, but will have to do it a little later, we are heading out to our friends for a bbq and wont be back until early evening..but wanted to check in and not be M.I.A. today, lol..
hugs!

Old 10-11-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
QUOTE OF THE DAY
Loved your "quote of the day!"

Quote:

More snow tonight ladies.
Uggghhh....sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Oh my I have a lot of catching up to do, but will have to do it a little later, we are heading out to our friends for a bbq and wont be back until early evening..but wanted to check in and not be M.I.A. today, lol..
hugs!
Hey...how was the wedding?!? What did you end up wearing?

Old 10-11-2009, 01:25 PM

On a BRIGHT note.....

My STEELERS are kicking some a$$ today!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate