Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 10:12 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,344,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
Never been whistled at...I guess it would be flattering. Maybe a little uncomfortable, but I'm shy about that sort of thing. I don't think it means the guys are pigs though. I think women who say guys who whistle are pigs but they kind of secretly like it. I would never date a man who whistles at women though....so I guess in that sense it is a turn off. I think professional, intellectual men don't do that. (Let the flames begin)

Old 09-08-2010, 10:37 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
[quote=Urban Sasquatch;15728711]

Quote:
That may well be the case, ie, bad experiences leading to a bad perception. Nevertheless, regarding the assertion that posters can't expand on a topic -- I cannot possibly be the ONLY one who noticed that it went STRAIGHT from a question about whistling into IMMEDIATE scenarios of groups of men not merely whistling but howling and making the worst crude remarks, tailing women, following them.
Is that not the nature of the beast in CD land. I have noticed many threads/topics expand and elaborate from the original question with closely related scenarios.

Quote:
It's pretty much like me remarking I think sheep are pretty and someone saying "I USED to think sheep were pretty, from a distance, until I saw a sheepdog who was mutated with robotic additions and velociraptor DNA bring down a man with lasers from his eyes before tearing him apart with those awful claws! Now sheep just disgust me!"
Man you have a great imagination. Didnt you say something about writing childrens books. Anyway again that makes for interesting conversation. If everyone just stuck to yeah, sheep are pretty these threads wouldnt be worth reading.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
I think it's funny to see who turns around when you whistle. Some girls want the attention.
You know whats really funny?-- What can happen when you turn around to whistle at someone. When I was about 12, I was walking home from school late in the afternoon and a car with a couple guys started hanging out the window whistling at me and ran their car into a tree. Now that was funny.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:44 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,145,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Here is my take on whistling.
I think there is a big difference between barbaric whistling that follows with barking of stupidity and a whistle of admiration that comes out involentarily.

Sometimes I would be walking down the midtown Manhattan street and get what would almost be like a scene from Sex and a City: "psss, psss, psssss...*whistle*, *whistle*, psss...yo mama, sexy, sexy mama...wait up..u single?...what yooo....where u goingggg?" This type of whistling will be extremely annoying. I can't say that I hate it, but I don't particularly enjoy it.

And than there is a whistling that clearly shows a man is blown away by you. It sounds something like the wind blowing outside your window on a winter day, it's long and full of breath...and sometimes is followed by a breathless "oh...my...God....." or "wow"...I don't think there is a single woman in the world that doesn't enjoy the fact that she still get this kind of reaction from men.
I'd have to agree with you on this. Yesterday I was on the receiving end of the second type of whistle...the 'wind blowing' whistle. It felt great and there wasn't anything threatening about it. It was quite the ego boost!

Old 09-08-2010, 08:46 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
"I'll do double takes. I can't really help that...sorry womans."

I tend to give double takes as well. I just hate getting caught.

Women, don't look at me just let me do the double take.

When a woman catches me giving a double take I give a dirty look and go EEWWWWW Cooties!

I've made Salma Hayek think she was ugly when I was actually attracted to her.

I don't know, I'm just crazy like that.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:12 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Is that not the nature of the beast in CD land. I have noticed many threads/topics expand and elaborate from the original question with closely related scenarios.
It really IS the nature of things here. It's not really a question of topics expanding -- hell, that's normal conversation.

- Dude, how's the wife and kids?

- Hey, they're great! My son is in Little League now and he loves it.

- Little League! Man, I loved baseball as a kid! There was this one time...

We've gone from how's the family to an anecdote. That's normal.

What's NOT normal is:

- My girlfriend broke up with me and I'm not sure what to do...

- IT'S BECAUSE MEN ARE RAPISTS!!!! YAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Quote:
Man you have a great imagination. Didnt you say something about writing childrens books. Anyway again that makes for interesting conversation. If everyone just stuck to yeah, sheep are pretty these threads wouldnt be worth reading.

I'm working on one called Timmy's Lamb even as we speak. It involves a shepherd boy whose father is a doctor on Gruinard before the island is purchased by InGen.

It's a pop-up book.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:26 AM

Quote:
I'm working on one called Timmy's Lamb even as we speak. It involves a shepherd boy whose father is a doctor on Gruinard before the island is purchased by InGen.

It's a pop-up book.
I love pop-up books. Does the shepard boy whistle at the sheep and do they like it. Hey, had to stay on topic.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:33 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,710 times
Quote:
I love pop-up books. Does the shepard boy whistle at the sheep and do they like it. Hey, had to stay on topic.

He whistles as the sheep but there's very little response -- it IS Gruinard, after all.

Upon closer inspection the killer is determined not to be anthrax at all but rather, teeeeeeeeny-tiny velociraptors engineered as gift shop paraphernalia for the kiddies, a marketing ploy gone horribly awry. InGen bows out due to both the potential negative press associated with an entire island gone uninhabitable AND because of sexual harassment lawsuits dealing with -- you guessed it -- lewd whistling.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
He whistles as the sheep but there's very little response -- it IS Gruinard, after all.

Upon closer inspection the killer is determined not to be anthrax at all but rather, teeeeeeeeny-tiny velociraptors engineered as gift shop paraphernalia for the kiddies, a marketing ploy gone horribly awry. InGen bows out due to both the potential negative press associated with an entire island gone uninhabitable AND because of sexual harassment lawsuits dealing with -- you guessed it -- lewd whistling.
Just keep going and you can expand this pop-up book into a full blown animated movie.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:01 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,553,902 times
I think young girls that haven't matured beyond the men that whistle at girls like it. After that point, if the woman doesn't understand it is boys performing for other boys is clueless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships