Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,713 times

Advertisements

CJ31young,
Let me first say that I am a muslim from a middleEastern country. The generalization that most people are making in this forum are just baseless.
The guy that you married is not a good example of a muslim. For example, you said that he was arrested for DUI. As you probably know alcohol is strictly prohibited in Islam, if he is a true muslim he shouldn't be drinking. Same goes for lying and manipulative behavior.
As for as toilet tissue goes, that is cultural. Quran or any other muslim books says that cleanness is part of ones faith. In my birth country people do use bath tissues.
Thank you CJ31Young for not making generalizations, and I wish you and your daughter the best of luck.
As far advice is concerned, Divorce him ASAP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 12:24 AM

1 posts, read 2,693 times
Default i need help-

I need help and advice. i marreied an african man from france 6 months ago. we met online, i thought it was love, really. but with everything that has happened can no longer believe that. i believe he never intended to stay in the marriage, and saw a way out through claimng that i am an abusive spouse. he has already called the police on me, i went to jail for a night. my children got taken away from me temporarily- luckily my ex-husband knows i am a good mother and is not trying to keep them away from me. the african husband left one month ago, stating that i was 'emotionally violent'. he has been conferring with immigration lawyers and domestic violence peole. he is very VERY manipulatively smart. he has his PhD and has these immigration lawyers believeing him for the moment. i am convinced that he is intentionally creating a paper trail on 'my abuse' so that he can file a personal stipulation to keep his green card based on the fact that he has married an abusive spouse. he has filed a resrtaining order on me, and since he left in June i have made absolutely no contact with him, excpet to have his divorce papers served to him. i do not want to see him, hear from him r have any contact with him. he is the one that is continually badgering me. I filed a restraining order against hoim, but it got denied.
i was on chemotherapy that casued me high degrees of anxiety and fatigue, and everytime i needed him to just let me be, he would never let me be. i literally had to scream my head off to make him leave me alone, and he has used this, calling it violence, to get out of the marriage (thankfully now than later) i am in so many entanglements right now. i now that God will get me through this, but the process is tremendous. i may be willing to tlak to you elle_marie. and CJ i am praying for you. Listen to SunQ!! get out of that marriage now before it gets worse. this has been the costliest mistake i have ever made in my life.
QUOTE=elle_marie;986459]Hi CJ...

The advice above is correct.... "if he is violent or abusive in any way" you can report this to immigration. The other thing to look into is if he is agreeable to split... and stays in the country... are you responsible for his finances? In Canada... you would be held accountable for him for three years regardless of the split.

CJ, I work in television news and we have been speaking with women like you who have found themselves trapped in a marriage with someone new to the country. I would be interested in speaking to you further about this and perhaps providing you with some resources and people to speak with. Please let me know if you are willing to chat.

elle_marie[/quote]

Old 08-28-2007, 01:45 PM

76 posts, read 223,794 times
I appreciate your intelligence and advise. Alot of others seem to enjoy degrading me by name calling. What a waist of energy and a lack of human understanding. I have divorsed him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome View Post
CJ31young,
Let me first say that I am a muslim from a middleEastern country. The generalization that most people are making in this forum are just baseless.
The guy that you married is not a good example of a muslim. For example, you said that he was arrested for DUI. As you probably know alcohol is strictly prohibited in Islam, if he is a true muslim he shouldn't be drinking. Same goes for lying and manipulative behavior.
As for as toilet tissue goes, that is cultural. Quran or any other muslim books says that cleanness is part of ones faith. In my birth country people do use bath tissues.
Thank you CJ31Young for not making generalizations, and I wish you and your daughter the best of luck.
As far advice is concerned, Divorce him ASAP.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,625 times
Hi, get out. It's been 7yrs for me and every time it's no baby I love you i'll change. He'll
want to change you. All the "test" that he has to see if you love him (because a African women would/n't do this) it wont stop.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:25 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Sorry to read about your botched marriage. Can you request an annulment?

Old 01-01-2008, 09:34 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,149,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj31young View Post
I married an African immarant out of pity and loneliness less than a month ago. We were dating for a short amount of time and he got arrested for drinking and driving. He ran to New York than called me and explaned that his status needed to be updated. He asked me to marry him so that he would not loose his job and have to go back to his country and start over again. I agreed to do it because he promised to be supportive for my daughter and I. I was tired of being single and had no relationship. Now I want out. I feel minipulated and unsure about the future for us. He was raised muslym I was raised christian, he is acward around my daughter and she does not like him. Also, He is A Selfish lover. Yes, I new these things before we got married but I wanted to help him get a better life here in America. I want out. I mean, I found out two days ago that he does not use tissue but instead his hands to wipe clean.( NO Lie) There is is serious cultural clash.
Any advise please. I know this sounds crazy.
Divorce him; what's the big deal? He's clearly using you to get a visa anyway.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:36 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,149,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
If you have already filed the petition as his sponsor though, I believe you are still financially responsible for him even if you divorce. I had to do it for my husband.
No, she's only financially responsible for him if the visa has been issued. If she hasn't even touched an I-864, she can divorce him, withdraw the visa petition (it is hers to withdraw), and wash her hands of him.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:05 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,401,511 times
Quote:
Well, the part about him being a lousy lover settles it. You need an annulment.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:10 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
To share a related story, one of my friends married a woman from Germany and brought her here to the USA. He caught her cheating on him early in their marriage and he successfully filed for an annulment.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:33 AM

915 posts, read 3,181,149 times
Quote:
I married an African immarant out of pity and loneliness less than a month ago. We were dating for a short amount of time and he got arrested for drinking and driving. He ran to New York than called me and explaned that his status needed to be updated. He asked me to marry him so that he would not loose his job and have to go back to his country and start over again. I agreed to do it because he promised to be supportive for my daughter and I. I was tired of being single and had no relationship. Now I want out. I feel minipulated and unsure about the future for us. He was raised muslym I was raised christian, he is acward around my daughter and she does not like him. Also, He is A Selfish lover. Yes, I new these things before we got married but I wanted to help him get a better life here in America. I want out. I mean, I found out two days ago that he does not use tissue but instead his hands to wipe clean.( NO Lie) There is is serious cultural clash.
first off, you already committed an immigration crime. Your marriage is bon fide...is more like an arrangement...Just dont show up at the immigration interview ...write to USCIS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships