Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2010, 09:52 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,683,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Instead the guys you will likely encounter are those out for the thrill of the chase. These are not ones to settle down.
I disagree. Can the same be said for woman who chase men? By your logic, anyone who enjoys initiating is an unsuitable partner for settling down with.

Quote:
I wish you fortune in having the right guy ask you. If not, I am sure some other 40 year old successful lady will have no problem snatching him up. But than again she is no ordinary women, she knew what she wants and goes and gets it.
That's exactly the type of thing many people told me when I was single and refused to follow the "new rules" of dating and join the "hook up" culture. I can't tell you how many times I was told that I would die alone with my cats if I didn't get with the program and date the "modern way".

The right man for OngletNYC won't be snatched up by another woman, the right man will appreciate her for who she is; otherwise he's not the right man, is he?

I think it's a terrible mistake for women to dishonor their true feelings out of fear. OngletNYC isn't looking for just any man, she's looking for the right man for HER.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 06:58 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,698,726 times
Also, Onglet's actually at a bit of a disadvantage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCoI-B9AYjs

Old 10-16-2010, 07:26 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,205,967 times
*deleted*

Last edited by MattB4; 10-16-2010 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: bad post. I have lost interest in Topic.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Also, Onglet's actually at a bit of a disadvantage.
Interesting! I stand corrected that race does not play a factor. Though it is demographics, the number of eligible black men is considerably lower than black women.

I will note the one gals story of meeting a nice (white) guy and hoping he would ask for her phone number and instead got a response of see you around in the future. She should have came right out and asked the guy for a date. She would than have known if there was any chance. It could have been rather laid back such as, "I really enjoyed talking with you, lets get together (some date)."

Last edited by MattB4; 10-16-2010 at 08:01 AM..

Old 10-16-2010, 12:49 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,680,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
High salary or not, one of the many so called dating rules/traditions is for the man to pay your way. One of the many rules that I feel should be left in the past. Do you agree?
Now we've gone full circle to the first post I made in this thread.

Getting rid of this "rule" looks good on paper but the reality is, if the woman pays the man's way regularly, the man end up feeling emasculated. yeah yeah yeah, not you, you are the guy who is different, so on and so forth.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:59 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,476,176 times
Getting rid of the rule doesn't mean the female always has to pay. Why not just split the bill in half?

Old 10-16-2010, 12:59 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,680,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Interesting! I stand corrected that race does not play a factor. Though it is demographics, the number of eligible black men is considerably lower than black women.

I will note the one gals story of meeting a nice (white) guy and hoping he would ask for her phone number and instead got a response of see you around in the future. She should have came right out and asked the guy for a date. She would than have known if there was any chance. It could have been rather laid back such as, "I really enjoyed talking with you, lets get together (some date)."
It isn't a matter of eligible black men per se, it is eligible black men who make enough money to be comfortable dating a woman who is a high earner in her own right. I know you guys on this thread want to claim it doesn't matter, but it DOES.

If I were taking a guy out for a special dinner for his birthday, I'd would spend $200 easily because that is the type of restaurant I am accustomed to and that is what I honestly prefer. (Eating in those types of places relates to what I do for a living too.) If a guy who is typically available to me takes me out to dinner for my birthday, and he earns much less than me, we are going to a much cheaper place, and the guy feels like a dope for not being able to afford what I can. This is why I have hidden my income and have downplayed my job with the guy I am currently dating. Dinner out is only 1 example, I can come up with many many more.

(There's more to this story in terms on my income and race in the world of dating, namely the increased competition for ALL men of ALL races once they hit a certain income level... but that's a different subject matter from this thread.)

if I were the woman in the video I would have asked the white guy out. But that's me, I can understand why she might not want to do so. If you don't know why a black woman might not have the balls to ask out a white guy, start a thread called "What do you white men think of black women" and watch the nasty, vicious stereotypes that happen on page 1, and watch the thread get closed in a day. Every single day I read remarks that I am stupid, fat, lazy, on welfare, and a borderline con artist... from white guys who are obvious losers.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:09 PM

221 posts, read 336,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Now we've gone full circle to the first post I made in this thread.

Getting rid of this "rule" looks good on paper but the reality is, if the woman pays the man's way regularly, the man end up feeling emasculated. yeah yeah yeah, not you, you are the guy who is different, so on and so forth.
The men YOU date perhaps, but maybe that's because you only see men who "chase" as desirable. Perhaps those men, since they are more prone to pursue women also harbor other antiquated ideas about dating such as feeling emasculated when a woman makes more. It reeks of confirmation bias.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
It isn't a matter of eligible black men per se, it is eligible black men who make enough money to be comfortable dating a woman who is a high earner in her own right. I know you guys on this thread want to claim it doesn't matter, but it DOES.

I would not claim a entirely different social class does not matter for dating. Certainly the thought of paying 200 dollars for a single meal is out of my league. That amount would feed me for a month. I expect very few guys could afford such a thing on any kind of routine basis.

So you have several strikes against you:
You are over 40 competing with good looking successful younger women for a small population of eligible men. You have expensive tastes. You have a low threshold for those you deem beneath your intellectual capabilities. You will not ask out guys.

That does not leave much to work with.

Quote:
... "What do you white men think of black women" and watch the nasty, vicious stereotypes that happen on page 1, and watch the thread get closed in a day. Every single day I read remarks that I am stupid, fat, lazy, on welfare, and a borderline con artist... from white guys who are obvious losers.
Sad indeed. Many people are just no good. No excuse for it. Must admit I really have no negative thoughts in regards to black women. In fact I had no thoughts one way or another about it. Though after seeing that video I wonder why the younger guys (white or whatever) are not beating down their doors. What a good looking group of women. If thats the Stereotype I should have gone looking.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:32 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
It totally depends on the goal of the date. If a man wants to win a woman over and prove something to her (whatever he feels is important to prove) in order to marry, the "rules" will be much different than if he just wants a casual hook up. This probably hold true for women as well. The problem for many people is that they don't know this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships