Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 03:34 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times

Advertisements

Ask her out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 06:33 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
i think i blew it. fb page has her in a relationship with some guy (although i'm fairly confident they'd been seeing each other / talking way before our trip up, i've heard the guys named referenced before by her). she and i had only been in contact probably 2 or 3 times between our trip back and last week. spoke to her yesterday for a brief minute. nothing major. the only thing that still gets me thinking is that she sent me a picture she had taken of us on the trip together and commented on how cute a couple we look. we're talking like a week and a half ago. oh well. live and learn right
She's young. Again, everything you're telling us points to the likelihood that she she likes you and is interested. The catch is that she is possibly seeing someone else. Personally, I would keep it lite and friendly and let the situation play out. Continue to talk to her and and it'll all unfold.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:26 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,581,720 times
Congratulations! She has now become a regret. When something becomes a regret it's too late.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:47 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,744,556 times
how long did you think she'd keep her dating life on hold for you? poor girl gave up.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:59 AM

286 posts, read 366,592 times
This is one of the craziest threads I've ever read. The answer to your question, "is she interested", is Yes.

You sound like you're either not interested in her, or just too passive to get off your butt and do anything about it. If you watch life like it's a TV show, it will pass you by.

Also, forget about the guy she posted about on Facebook. Maybe it's just some guy she's hanging around with because she hasn't found a way to be with you yet. Start making "working assumptions" that work in your favor. This is called confidence.

Practical suggestion: decide whether you're interested in her or not, and decide where you'd like things to go. With that in mind, visualize in your mind how you might like it to play out, or even write it down like a story. Then, using your imagined story as an approximate guide, take action that moves things in the direction where you'd like things to go. If something doesn't work, try a different way. In short, you need to get out of the paralysis of analysis and into planning and execution. Just do it. Rinse and repeat.

Or, just forget the whole thing. Or find some other girl.

This thread will be more interesting when you post some results.

Last edited by Hans63; 12-26-2010 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: beat dead horse

Old 12-26-2010, 01:40 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times
If you analyze things to death in life, you'll come up losing. Just go for it and then you won't have any regrets.

Old 12-26-2010, 01:47 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,744,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans63 View Post

This thread will be more interesting when you post some results.

At this point a failure would be a success. Not doing anything is the worst thing, because it's a possible missed opportunity.

OP is chicken. He should go to a florist and pick out some flowers to be delivered to her with a note asking her out. Just get it over with god damn it!

Old 12-26-2010, 03:26 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,825 times
I think she just wants to sleep with you. I'm not sure if she is interested in a relationship.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:44 PM

138 posts, read 360,297 times

Old 02-21-2011, 07:40 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,851,182 times
So....its been what 2 months since the last post and i figured i'd update for the fun of it. been an entertaining 2 months to say the least.

1.) developed suspicions she was dating someone during the whole time this was all going on and it was confirmed but not via her but through one of our swimmers (female swimmers talk a lot haha).
2.) she finally confirmed it herself that she had had a bf beginning in october and ending in early january but again she didnt tell me directly just overheard her talking about it at our monthly swim team dinner to some of our athletes. grant it nothing happened but i feel for the guy she was with at the time if she was flirting with me and coming on to me while dating him. says a lot about her i guess.
3.) called me one night in mid january to see if i was ok (not sure why) and even began to blast my FB page with flirty posts and what not (kind of odd).
4.) got mad at me b/c i didnt invite her to the boys swim teams ice hockey team outing. well duh it was for guys only. she then got even more angry with me for some reason b/c after the hockey game the rink opened up to the public for public skating. she was mad she said because "we could've held hands and skated". funny i didn't know we we're dating.
5.) i coach high school wrestling along with swimming. she finally came to a wrestling match in late january after telling me back in october that she would come to all of them to support me and the kids. we had dinner together afterwards. the rest of the week my wrestlers and asst. coaches proceeded to tell me how into me she is based on "vibe" she gave off.
6.) got her roses for V-Day to be delivered at her school that she teaches at. was a big hit with her. the text she sent me said "this is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me" and for the next 2 days she proceeds to text me each morning and tell me she can't stop smiling every time she looks at the flowers.
7.) finally manned up, grew some balls and last tuesday asked her out to get dinner and catch a movie with me. she had plans wednesday, thursday and i was out of town friday and saturday. so no date. felt good to finally ask her out even if i got shot down though haha.
8.) her FB wall as of last week also now reads "finally got a match.com account so i can find a bf". wtf??? really???

my questions is how do you date one guy and lead another on? and then why do you blast his FB wall with messages that make it seem like the two of you are a couple? (again that had friends both male and female from back home asking if i was finally off the market).

so anyways this is probably the end post. not sure i can handle someone who is into games and well i can't help but wonder if she were dating me would she be flirting and leading other guys on the way she did me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships