Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2012, 12:58 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,020 times

Advertisements

Did you not read my post? I would enjoy seeing them cry over it. I would take great satisfaction in that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 02:40 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,755 times
Just how humanlike are we talking about? Are we talking about a real doll, or something that is so phenomenally advanced as to be practically human (e.g. Chii from 'Chobits')?

The former is kind of icky, the latter is fine in my book. Of course, I highly doubt we would see such incredible A.I. in our lifetimes, or even the lifetimes of our grandchildren's children. The kind of processing power displayed by even the meanest and commonest androids from that show make our most powerful supercomputers look like sub-ENIAC pieces of trash. Even the miniature 'laptop' versions are capable of human-level language/voice recognition and output, bodily coordination, visual recognition and processing, memory, and more. The more advanced laptop models are even capable of advanced abstract thought. And of course, the most advanced of the human-sized models are mentally equivalent to any living human; perhaps even smarter.

If an android possess a truly humanlike mind and is capable of making humanlike decisions (including the ability to accept, or potentially reject romantic advances), and giving consent, I don't see what the problem is. It's only creepy or weird when you're doing it with something that is not capable of saying no to you, or isn't even conscious at all.

But that's just my opinion.

Last edited by Lunar Delta; 06-09-2012 at 03:08 PM..

Old 06-09-2012, 02:46 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,939,231 times
We will definitely see sex robots by 2050, they're going to cost an arm and a leg tho. I think a lot of people won't be able to afford them but there are going to be a ton of sex robot brothels. It will probably put low end hookers out of business for the most part. I don't think many people will have relationships with sex robots, maybe a small few like geeks who spend their life savings on one but the average person rich enough to buy one can land a woman. Remember there are only so many raw materials to make them and will probably be something like 8 billion men at that point so guys are pretty much stuck with real women for marriage and relationships lol.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:31 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
We will definitely see sex robots by 2050, they're going to cost an arm and a leg tho. I think a lot of people won't be able to afford them but there are going to be a ton of sex robot brothels. It will probably put low end hookers out of business for the most part. I don't think many people will have relationships with sex robots, maybe a small few like geeks who spend their life savings on one but the average person rich enough to buy one can land a woman. Remember there are only so many raw materials to make them and will probably be something like 8 billion men at that point so guys are pretty much stuck with real women for marriage and relationships lol.
Sex Robots A Reality By 2050, Researchers Predict (VIDEO)

Please site sources.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:02 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
Did you not read my post? I would enjoy seeing them cry over it. I would take great satisfaction in that.
I did read your post hence I'm asking why you would enjoy seeing them cry over it.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:44 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
Why?

Old 06-10-2012, 02:10 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
I don't think this is something we will see anytime soon, but certainly there are people that would be interested. I think it would be perfect for anyone that wants an unemotional sex object. I think it is more likely to interest men than women.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:42 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
I can understand why the conversation always turns to sex, however, I can honestly say sex is the least reason why I want to date a robot. I mean I can get sex now what I can't get is honesty, trust etc from guys. That would not be the case with a robot.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:51 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I can understand why the conversation always turns to sex, however, I can honestly say sex is the least reason why I want to date a robot. I mean I can get sex now what I can't get is honesty, trust etc from guys. That would not be the case with a robot.
I disagree on the honesty and trust bit not being the case with a robot as it's possible you can not only get honesty and trust from a robot but you can get far more from the robot than a guy.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:05 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
I disagree on the honesty and trust bit not being the case with a robot as it's possible you can not only get honesty and trust from a robot but you can get far more from the robot than a guy.
What?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships