Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2011, 07:26 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
What better customer for a sex robot than a senior citizen?
Yeah, in 2050 I'll be 92. What a nice way to die!

"She can't walk by herself or live without her meds anymore. Bring on the sex robot."

I just hope I'm not completely senile by then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 08:11 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Enjoy cleaning it out.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:50 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I've seen exactly how attached people become to them, and I see that they STILL want relationships no matter how attached they become to their electronics. Except, as I said, for that niche population which wouldn't be very interested in human contact (real human contact) regardless.

I don't recall making a value judgment,whether for good or for ill. I said only that people will *want* to continue to have babies. Obviously, given overpopulation (which I talked about in my post), it wouldn't necessarily be a good thing but I did not say it would be; merely that people would still want it.

We still want food even when our bodies don't need it. We still want sex even when we don't need or even want to procreate. Some of us still want to procreate even if there are plenty of people in the world. We still want relationships regardless of the availability of prostitutes, sexual devices and eventually, the existence of moving "real dolls"...at least if history (thousands of years of it) has anything at all to say about the present. That was kinda the whole point, Phil.
It just seems you're painting with a broad brush - not EVERYONE has these desires, needs or wants. Hence, the target market for these robots.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:58 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Enjoy cleaning it out.
I'm sure they make the "parts" dishwasher safe.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:08 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
You can't get preggers from a robot or catch an std - computer "viruses" aren't transmissible.

That's a bonus.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:50 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltHowe View Post
I mean a human appearing robot who walks, talks, has a memory, has a brainlike contraption inside of her her, who can debate or argue with you if that's what you want, who can work for a living, who will be legally allowed to marry you by 2050 says the author.

Who is created because of and in demand due to the pickiness and spoiled attitude (according to the author) of the women who were rejecting the good men for them in favor of superficial boys and or were choosing to be alone due to anti male propaganda.

This is not a science fiction book.

Sounds like this forum on any given day.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:05 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I'm sure they make the "parts" dishwasher safe.
They will if they're smart. Guys have enough trouble with their fleshlights getting all sticky and linty. I imagine that the designers of Real Dolls or robots or whatever would construct the same type of thing, a canister that can be removed and cleaned, or replaced as needed. On the other hand, if they don't and you wreck one, then you have to buy another.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:49 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
It just seems you're painting with a broad brush - not EVERYONE has these desires, needs or wants. Hence, the target market for these robots.
Actually, Phil, I think I've said *several* times now that there is in fact a market for these robots and I didn't say "everyone" has these desires. In fact...I made it pretty plain that there are exceptions...but apparently I didn't make it plain enough for everyone.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:22 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
I could love a robot... but would the robot really love me back...

Old 03-22-2011, 06:26 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
You can't get preggers from a robot or catch an std - computer "viruses" aren't transmissible.

That's a bonus.
That's absolutely true, but the same can be said for machines, non-mechanical devices of all kinds, human "temporary" substitutes, the internet and one's own hand, yet you notice that throughout history, none of these has replaced actual relationships to a large enough extent that the continued population was compromised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships