Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 09:05 PM

160 posts, read 295,059 times

Advertisements

After knowing my boyfriend's best friend for 5 years, we began having feelings for one another. Last weekend, we finally hooked up. His friend he has been telling me he has "hardcore" feelings for me for a while.

The thing is, after the hookup this weekend, I haven't heard a peep from him. I don't know what I should do. Should I try to initiate contact with him? I feel that if I don't get things talked out between us (whatever the solution is), I might just explode. Any reasons why I've been suddenly frozen out?

As far as my bf is concerned, I'm almost out the door in that relationship and I've told him so.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:08 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineFlower View Post
After knowing my boyfriend's best friend for 5 years, we began having feelings for one another. Last weekend, we finally hooked up. His friend he has been telling me he has "hardcore" feelings for me for a while.

The thing is, after the hookup this weekend, I haven't heard a peep from him. I don't know what I should do. Should I try to initiate contact with him? I feel that if I don't get things talked out between us (whatever the solution is), I might just explode. Any reasons why I've been suddenly frozen out?

As far as my bf is concerned, I'm almost out the door in that relationship and I've told him so.
What do you mean, "almost out the door"? You are out the door, you cheated on him.

As for the other guy, patience. It's only been two days. Yes, you have some things to talk out but if you act clingy, you're going to turn him away.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:11 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,230,984 times
I think he already voted with his feet.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:12 PM

620 posts, read 1,299,848 times
Who did you tell? Your boyfriend or the guy you hooked up with? If things were over with your boyfriend, why didn't you just break up with him before getting involved with his best friend?

I would imagine that the best friend probably remembered that he was the best friend, and he is dealing with his own guilt for sleeping with his best friend's girl. You may break up with your boyfriend and never see him again, but they have (had) a friendship that has probably survived other girlfriends.

He may want to keep things on the low until you finally break up with your boyfriend. He may then wait a few months or a year before initiating something if he is sincere in his friendship.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:13 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
This will end well.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What do you mean, "almost out the door"? You are out the door, you cheated on him.

As for the other guy, patience. It's only been two days. Yes, you have some things to talk out but if you act clingy, you're going to turn him away.
I'm in the process of moving out of my bf's house. We still do things together like make dinner, but it's almost like a roommate situation.

I know what you're saying about acting clingy, and I don't want to do that. I'm not the smothering kind normally. I just want to talk things out. Even if he tells me now's not the right time, etc., that's fine, I just really want to know where his head's at.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:16 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineFlower View Post

And you've made 2 guys who considered each other to be best friends into enemies. Congratulations. You will not have any sympathy from me.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:16 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
You never know. Things shock me all the time. Though I think you should of broke up with your bf first then uh "hook up with his best buddy.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Siobhan View Post
Who did you tell? Your boyfriend or the guy you hooked up with? If things were over with your boyfriend, why didn't you just break up with him before getting involved with his best friend?

I would imagine that the best friend probably remembered that he was the best friend, and he is dealing with his own guilt for sleeping with his best friend's girl. You may break up with your boyfriend and never see him again, but they have (had) a friendship that has probably survived other girlfriends.

He may want to keep things on the low until you finally break up with your boyfriend. He may then wait a few months or a year before initiating something if he is sincere in his friendship.
The best friend thing spontaneously happened once (light hooking up) and ever since then, it has kept happening, even though the best friend and I have been trying to not hook up. I know that sounds really lame, but we have a group of friends that we all hang out with and we've tried (and been successful) at not hooking up but it's been difficult because we both have strong feelings.

I've been in the process of breaking things off with my bf, but it's not a situation where he and I both hate each other, it's just something that isn't working out and is nobody's fault. I really don't want to hurt him and plan to either stop doing this or keep it on the WAY down low until enough time has passed. I totally don't want to break up their friendship or cause any drama, anymore than what's already happened.

If the other guy feels super guilty and wants me to back off completely, that's fine. Well, not fine. It hurts of course. But, I'll respect his wishes and do that, I wish he'd just tell me if that's what he wants.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
And you've made 2 guys who considered each other to be best friends into enemies. Congratulations. You will not have any sympathy from me.
I'm going to do everything I can to make sure that doesn't happen between them.

That being said, it takes two, so I'm not going to take 100% of the blame.

Also, I'm pretty much going to ignore the venting/angry posts in this thread from here on out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.