Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2011, 10:33 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Men pursue because that's biological human nature. No one said you "still have to pursue". But then don't expect the results that come from your actions.
It if it was not a woman nature tu pursue you wouldn't see women running political campaigns, moving to another city or country as they pursue a step up the ladder, women pursuing a career, etc. But for relationships women, generally speaking, prefer to leave it all to the man because all of a sudden they are afraid of taking risks, being rejected, etc.?

Quote:
I'd say that on these threads, many women say that they have no problem asking guys out, paying for dates, being brave, taking risks, etc.-

The women that have shared they have asked a guy out are guys they are married to or in a formal relationship which, as we know, it doesn’t take a week or two to start one. It is a long process (can take months or years). There are all these threads where women are upset because a guy accepted her offer to pay, the guy tried to save on the date, etc. and many other threads with the typical story of a girl liking a guy but not wanting to take the step to approach and do the very first move. You see the typical responses “If a man is interested, he will do it all for you” kind of thing.

If you have approached a guy you have never ever gone out with and took care of all expenses, romanced him, talked to his family about marrying their son, proposed, etc. Cool! Not your every day thing. Like it is said around here, there are exceptions.

Quote:
If you prefer something else - why date American women? If they are so distasteful to you - why bother? I never dated guys that I didn't prefer. What's the point?

Nope, they are not distasteful, just different when it comes to certain dating practices. Still, we enjoy a good time hanging out and catching up to what we have done and so on. When I am in the USA it’s not like I won’t go out because girls don’t do certain things as they do in Asia. So when I am in the USA, I remember “When in Rome…“ and enjoy whatever the night has for us.

Quote:
All these threads are just excuses to hate on women… Has blaming women for everything made your lives any better?

Actually, all the other threads are excuses to hate on men: men have no feelings, men shouldn’t use coupons, oh my gawd a man accepted my offer to pay and that is wrong, men don’t grow up and are bunch of kids, men are creeps, men just want sex, etc. Make that question to all those girls who start those kind of threads.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:35 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Actually, all the other threads are excuses to hate on men: men have no feelings, men shouldn’t use coupons, oh my gawd a man accepted my offer to pay and that is wrong, men don’t grow up and are bunch of kids, men are creeps, men just want sex, etc. Make that question to all those girls who start those kind of threads.
Ah ha ha ha, it's "I Know You Are But What am I..." We've all missed that persona in the 11 minutes or so since you last used it, onihC!

I mean I was really getting worried there!

Old 10-19-2011, 10:39 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,547 times
Quote:
It if it was not a woman nature tu pursue you wouldn't see women running political campaigns, moving to another city or country as they pursue a step up the ladder, women pursuing a career, etc. But for relationships women, generally speaking, prefer to leave it all to the man because all of a sudden they are afraid of taking risks, being rejected, etc.?
True. Look, I never said anyone should do anything.

In my experience, the girls who have pursued me are less caliber than the one's I've pursued.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
True. Look, I never said anyone should do anything.
Quote:
In my experience, the girls who have pursued me are less caliber than the one's I've pursued.

Experiences may vary I guess. The girls who have taken the initiative/pursuing while I am in Asia are quite attractive and maybe others not as attractive, at least for me. It’s a great feeling to have a girl take you out, surprise you, etc. as much as seeing her appreciate the things you do for her. All this right off the bat, not until it is a formal relationship.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:28 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:

Exactly. Those other threads are just as hateful as this thread is - but you only it going one way. The threads putting down women are just fine because they are true but the threads putting down men are flat out wrong! It's almost comical!

Old 10-19-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Exactly. Those other threads are just as hateful as this thread is - but you only it going one way. The threads putting down women are just fine because they are true but the threads putting down men are flat out wrong! It's almost comical!
Not sure about that. A woman can complain about a guy and people will agree with her and give her support. Have a man complain about his girl and he will get flamed and receive typical comments "stop whining...then stop dating women then...be a man and move on..." Yes, it is almost comical.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:24 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Not sure about that. A woman can complain about a guy and people will agree with her and give her support. Have a man complain about his girl and he will get flamed and receive typical comments "stop whining...then stop dating women then...be a man and move on..." Yes, it is almost comical.
Err, no, not really. (Are we reading two different sites? ) There is an overwhelming wealth of "Are you an idiot, woman?" or "You're materialistic" or "You're grasping" or "You're just angry b/c you're old/single/fat/a feminist/a hypocrite/too closed-minded" and blah, blah type answers on here for the picking; have a look-see; I'm sure you would enjoy it, onihC.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:21 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Err, no, not really. (Are we reading two different sites? ) There is an overwhelming wealth of "Are you an idiot, woman?" or "You're materialistic" or "You're grasping" or "You're just angry b/c you're old/single/fat/a feminist/a hypocrite/too closed-minded" and blah, blah type answers on here for the picking; have a look-see; I'm sure you would enjoy it, onihC.
We must be reading two different sites!!! LOL! I call out the women that whine about all men just as much as I call out the men that whine about all women. Not all men are bad just as not all women are bad. Now, if a woman complains about one man in particular or a man complains about one woman in particular - that is different. We have all had bad experiences with someone of the opposite sex. As long as someone realizes that one person does not represent the whole gender - it's fine. It's the blanket statements about either gender that I find so infuriating. You only seem to be infuriated by blanket statements against men. You seem to agree with the blanket statements against women. THAT is what is comical.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:20 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Many of those women are found on threads that keep appearing every week where women agree that the initiative should be taken care of by a man, the romancing, the paying, taking risks, being brave, showing interest, etc. This goes from the first date and on. Would you do these things on a first date too? It is understandable for a woman to consider the thought of maybe splitting the tip or something once she finally has approved the man (which can be quite a long process), they are already in a relationship, etc. but not every man that asks a woman out will be "approved" or become a relationship. Still, a man will be expected to do all those things, not women. That's how it seems to go in the USA and that's fine. I follow along when I visit, no problem. I just prefer something else.
Yep, and I agree with all that in the beginning. I like men who persue, make an effort, take the risks, etc.

Essentially that's how a woman knows he is GENUINELY interested and not just after a roll in the hay. Least that's my take on it.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:24 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
We must be reading two different sites!!! LOL! I call out the women that whine about all men just as much as I call out the men that whine about all women. Not all men are bad just as not all women are bad. Now, if a woman complains about one man in particular or a man complains about one woman in particular - that is different. We have all had bad experiences with someone of the opposite sex. As long as someone realizes that one person does not represent the whole gender - it's fine. It's the blanket statements about either gender that I find so infuriating. You only seem to be infuriated by blanket statements against men. You seem to agree with the blanket statements against women. THAT is what is comical.

Same site, better reading comprehension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships