Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 10:33 PM

461 posts, read 782,754 times

Advertisements

You talked about how you felt about him but can't talk about this? Just a simple "Why? What's up (snicker ) with that?", would have sufficed.

Your relationship started off ambiguously with fwb since there were no feelings at the time and now it's supposedly that he's on the same page about his feelings. Yet, something's wrong. It might be he regrets saying he had feelings because he didn't want to hurt yours and he just kneejerked you an answer but now is reluctant to have sex since he'll have a responsibility to keep things going with you although it's crazy since you seem to be fine with just hanging out and letting whatever happen rather than going out on a proper date. Still, guys have that proper gene many women lack so the 'feelings' talk has taken on so much more than he ever anticipated.

In short, your feelings talk screwed it up. Whatever it is, it ain't a relationship. You can't just hope to morph into something real. Guys like things to start off in a logical pattern. Anything else just throws them off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 10:45 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
What it looks like to me is that he has "horny" feelings for you but not emotional ones...not the way you have for him. So he's not going to have sex with you, because he knows that no matter how casual you try to be about it now, you're going to attach even more emotional feelings to him, and he doesn't want that.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:56 PM

160 posts, read 295,293 times
If what you all are saying is true (and maybe it is) then why doesn't he just tell me to buzz off?

Old 10-10-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineFlower View Post
If what you all are saying is true (and maybe it is) then why doesn't he just tell me to buzz off?
Who wants to feel like the bad guy, like a horrible person, just outright saying "buzz off" to a girl who has said she has feelings for him?

He's hoping and wishing you'll just take the hint so he doesn't have to tell you to go buzz off. I would back off if I were you. I'm sorry.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
could it be he wants some commitment b4 he has sex. like in he has got some sort of ethics thing going? it could happen even in 2011.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Who wants to feel like the bad guy, like a horrible person?
I mean, isn't it more horrible (for both parties involved) to keep leading someone on?

Old 10-10-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
I mean, isn't it more horrible (for both parties involved) to keep leading someone on?
What do you think? Have you ever been in this position before, where a guy "liked" you that way but you didn't like him? How comfortable would you have felt literally telling him to get lost, if he told you he had feelings for you and you'd already slept together? Be honest. Plus, by the way, how is he leading you on? He's remaining friends with you which you claim to want and he is actively preventing any sex between the two of you. He even removed your hand when easy sex was right there, literally for the taking. How is that leading you on?

If just being friends feels like leading on to you, then you can't even do that right now. Make a clean break.

You're looking for excuses and reasons in his behavior; you're hoping something in all this is saying he has similar feelings for you. But there are none. He doesn't like you "that way." Don't waste your time. You can't "make" him want you. Again, I am very sorry. I know this hurts. I think most of us have had it happen at least once.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
What do you think? Have you ever been in this position before, where a guy "liked" you that way but you didn't like him? How comfortable would you have felt literally telling him to get lost, if he told you he had feelings for you and you'd already slept together? Be honest.
Personally, when I'm done w a guy, I'm done. In that situation, I don't ask him to sleep over at my house and invite him to snuggle w me in my bed. If a guy likes me "like that" and I only like him as a friend, I try not to hang out w him alone or in a private place so that he doesn't get ideas. If you know someone likes you bc they literally just told you that how could you NOT think they would get ideas if you hang out w them all day and then invite them to snuggle in you bed? He KNOWS how I was feeling.

Quote:
You're looking for excuses and reasons in his behavior; you're hoping something in all this is saying he has similar feelings for you. But there are none. He doesn't like you "that way." Don't waste your time. You can't "make" him want you. Again, I am very sorry. I know this hurts. I think most of us have had it happen at least once.
Maybe he doesn't feel that way about me, but I def think I'm getting mixed messages and that it's not all me reading too much into it.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:10 PM

461 posts, read 782,754 times
He doesn't tell you to 'buzz off' because he's trying to be nice. But you'll never really know if you don't talk to him about it. If this is really something and if he does truly like you, then you need to communicate (1st step into adult relationships) or it will never go anywhere.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Personally, when I'm done w a guy, I'm done. In that situation, I don't ask him to sleep over at my house and invite him to snuggle w me in my bed. If a guy likes me "like that" and I only like him as a friend, I try not to hang out w him alone or in a private place so that he doesn't get ideas.
Because he's tempted sexually. I mean you're literally reaching for his penis at one point in this story. If you're going to grab for his willie, it shows before the two of you ever get to "snuggling" and he's tempted. He's human. This guy knows you'd do him at a nod. That's hard to resist so he starts the "snuggling" but where the rubber hits the road, he halts it because he knows you're too invested emotionally, and he's not invested emotionally. He is being adult about this and trying not to hurt your feelings further, while struggling with the fact that there is this girl he can literally plug whenever he wants...a huge, huge, huge, huge temptation. In the end, he's making the right choice: not going through with it. Respect him for that. Also respect that he doesn't want this. No is no.

Quote:
Maybe he doesn't feel that way about me, but I def think I'm getting mixed messages and that it's not all me reading too much into it.
Full-on denial. You're not going to get the answers you want here. I am sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships