Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2011, 02:59 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Not that I necessarily agree with him, but giving him a hard time over an emoticon of all things says more about you than him. Just saying.
Your opinion, and one that makes no difference to me. He was whining about this stuff a year before you registered. This latest is just one more symptom of his issues. Stick around. You'll see.

And not for nothing, if he is that quick to categorize "fingers, showerheads, and vibes" as solely for women's pleasure, it gives us a clue about how limited his own repertoire is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 03:04 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
He was whining about this stuff a year before you registered. This latest is just one more symptom of his issues. Stick around. You'll see.

You gave him a hard time over a rolling eyes smily. Then you called him a misogynist in a backhanded insult. I never agreed with what he said, but you attempted to create 2 arguments(the smily and the backhanded misogynist insult).

Old 11-09-2011, 03:09 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
It’s not like a hobo is the kind of guy that will score with the hottest girl in the club. Men have to get dressed up, smell good, groom themselves, etc. among many other things men gotta have to be able to at least have a girl talk to him. Really, women don’t need to put any effort or money to have sex.

Regardless of frequency reducing drastically compared to when a couple was not married, it is at least with a person you love and loves you, and it’s safer. Hey, gotta look for the good side of it it I guess.
Of course you look at the good side of it. That's what we all do. That's the point of this thread. It's just that the sex argument doesn't work for the single side of it because no matter how infrequent married sex is, it's still more and better on the married side.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:09 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
You gave him a hard time over a rolling eyes smily. Then you called him a misogynist in a backhanded insult. I never agreed with what he said, but you attempted to create 2 arguments(the smily and the backhanded misogynist insult).
When someone constantly talks about women in a negative light, yes, that is misogyny. I call them as I see them.

When we write things on the internet, we accept that not everyone is going to like what we say, and that we are opening up what we say to public commentary. Every action has a reaction, something apparently a few among the younger folks here don't seem to understand.

Also, he's a big boy, Waka. He can fight his own battles.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:16 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
How else would they report an increase? Feminists grab at raw statistics like someone who is drowning.
Vs grabbing at opinions of men on forums? Lol

Old 11-09-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
When someone constantly talks about women in a negative light, yes, that is misogyny. I call them as I see them.

No, it's a backhanded insult, which is common for quite a few female posters on this site.

Quote:
When we write things on the internet, we accept that not everyone is going to like what we say, and that we are opening up what we say to public commentary. Every action has a reaction, something apparently a few among the younger folks here don't seem to understand.

It's one thing to not agree with someone. But the respectful discussion has disappeared.

Quote:
Also, he's a big boy, Waka. He can fight his own battles

Perhaps you should follow your own advice. You weren't even the first female to debate with him. DewDrop was and she at least was civil and not firing backhanded insults. I guess because she didn't win the debate and a poster or two backed onihC, you came in and created an argument...over a smily of all things.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:21 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
I guess because she didn't win the debate and a poster or two backed onihC
Meh, just because onihC had the last word doesn't mean he won anything. It's just a message board, no one wins or loses.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:22 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
No, it's a backhanded insult, which is common for quite a few female posters on this site.

It's one thing to not agree with someone. But the respectful discussion has disappeared.

Perhaps you should follow your own advice. You weren't even the first female to debate with him. DewDrop was and she at least was civil and not firing backhanded insults. I guess because she didn't win the debate and a poster or two backed onihC, you came in and created an argument...over a smily of all things.
I didn't win? Um… win what? We all have differences of opinions. Onihc and I go at it all the time. Sometimes we agree on things - most times we don't. But I wouldn't ever say that one of us wins or loses. We all see things differently. I see this article as rubbish written by a guy who is trying to justify being single and claiming that he is happier this way. If he were truly happier being single - he wouldn't have been so degrading to women. I also see sex differently than many people on this forum. We can debate about things all we want - but I don't know that there are ever winners or losers. I stopped posting because I took my dog and my baby for a walk. My little boy smiled at me through the whole walk - so they way I see things - I'm the big winner!

Old 11-09-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Meh, just because onihC had the last word doesn't mean he won anything. It's just a message board, no one wins or loses.

I read those posts and out of the posts that attempted to refute what he said, nothing came close. And the one poster that backed him, no one refuted that period because it summed everything up.

If it's just a message board, why the backhanded insult and attempt of creating an argument?

Old 11-09-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
If he were truly happier being single - he wouldn't have been so degrading to women.

I find the backhanded misogynist insult to be much more degrading than anything onihC said. Either learn how to debate without using insults or don't debate at all. And like I said before, I'm not necessarily backing what he said. I have no problem with the debate, but I have a HUGE problem with backhanded insults because you don't like what someone says...and especially comments that are common from a certain group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships