Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 09:11 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

I lurve yas...I can't give out rep right now as I've given out too much in the past 24 hours...but I will be reppin' away.

Such a relief to get this shyte off my chest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 09:40 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times
First off, I'm old enough to have loved a few. You sound like the one who I loved that got away.

I didn't mean to fall in love with her. She had a boyfriend and I had a wife. She was just hilarious to be around. We laughed constantly. We "got" each other. (We worked together for about 6 months -- I was doing full-time consulting where she worked as office manager.)

We never really became "romantically involved" because of our partners. We almost did once. She was clowning around, giggling, but getting physical at work one night. I stopped her because I could see where it was headed, and then we had our "chat". There was very strong mutual attraction, but I wasn't going to cheat on my wife, even though the marriage was about to end either way.

Maybe it was because we never got physical and both wanted to, but to me she was the sexiest person I've ever known, and that's saying quite a bit.

Farting is a different story. Gross. Girls "fluff".

You probably need to have a little chat with hubby.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:45 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I don't, but your husband obviously does.

Looks to me like this was a case of the things that attracted him to you in the first place are what are driving him nuts now that you've been married a while

Hey, it happens.

And no offense, but he sounds a bit like he's got one of those madonna/wh*re complexes, so maybe now that you ARE a mother he just can't accept you in any other kind of a role than that of mother, you know?

I would recommend you consider sitting down with a therapist together for a few sessions. The problem really seems to be all his, BUT his problems ARE your problems, sorry.
Thank you for pointing this out. I had to change some of my own post because I didn't know Jerz IS a mom.

I would say that before my daughter things were easy. I was able to please my husband easily, always be there looking like when we first met.

Then after my daughter I found that I needed help and he was slow to respond. I also believe that was when I got those feelings that he didn't like me for me.

Improved communication got things going again.

Last edited by crisan; 12-03-2011 at 10:13 PM..

Old 12-03-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post

Farting is a different story. Gross. Girls "fluff".
It was SO not my fault. And it was only once in 10 years...so he only needs to worry about it beginning again in the year...let me think. Oh, 2013. p.s. On a more serious note, what a sad story, I am sorry. It's hard when circumstances just won't...let you.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
Thank you for pointing this out. I had to change some of my own post because I didn't know Jerz was a mom.

I would say that before my daughter things were easy. I was able to please my husband easily, always be there looking like when we first met.

Then after my daughter I found that I needed help and he was slow to respond. I also believe that was when I got those feelings that he didn't like me for me.

Improved communication got things going again.
We've talked about it. Occasionally, he says that now that he's 40 he's just slow on the draw, just not as horny in general, etc. when it comes to the actual sex part, though we do have sex (just nowhere near as often). But that's not even really the big issue with me. When I bring up that he doesn't seem to want to be my friend, to talk and laugh, etc. all he can say is that I'm imagining things. (To put it nicely.)

I'm not perfect either, BTW...I hope nobody is getting the impression that I think that I am! Just so's you all know.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I don't, but your husband obviously does.

Looks to me like this was a case of the things that attracted him to you in the first place are what are driving him nuts now that you've been married a while

Hey, it happens.

And no offense, but he sounds a bit like he's got one of those madonna/wh*re complexes, so maybe now that you ARE a mother he just can't accept you in any other kind of a role than that of mother, you know?

I would recommend you consider sitting down with a therapist together for a few sessions. The problem really seems to be all his, BUT his problems ARE your problems, sorry.
M/H complex...totally possible.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:53 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Jerz, I think you're putting a nice brave face on it, but you sound terribly sad.

Have you had a real conversation with him about this......

I wish you the best....

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

What do you guys think? Do you think a pretty girl who loves sex and loves to joke around and be a "buddy" is un-sexy?

The answer probably won't change much for my personality as it is what it is, but I am curious because I've been thinking about this all morning now, and it just feels like it fits entirely.
No. I think that's a good combination.

[too bad for him]

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
Sounds like you have a female version of one of my personalities

Just kidding. I only have one personality. But seriously, you sound like you'd be fun to be around, and "fun to be around" could definitely be sexy. It's just that there is a time and a place for everything, unfortunately he doesn't seem to get that you want to be a doofus when he wants you to be feminine and the "time and place" must not be meshing for him quite so well. have you talked to him about this at all? This could turn into one of those "serious" things if you don't try to do something about it now.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:54 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Jerz, I think you're putting a nice brave face on it, but you sound terribly sad.

Have you had a real conversation with him about this......

I wish you the best....
I thought the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships