Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 08:56 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEssex View Post
What I find interesting in these threads is that American women get quite defensive and accuse others of bashing them, yet, if you read the thread closely it appears the only bashing is of American men and foreign women by said women. What is the big deal? If a women started a thread about wanting to only meet foreign men Id say " Best of luck to you I wish you well and hope youy find what you're looking for". If an American man sees how happy his friends/coworkers are married to a Latina and wants that for himself why disparage him?
So... it's okay to bash American women but it's not okay to bash the guys who bash American women... Huh... Actually - if you read the posts - we could care less if they want to go off and find themselves a foreign wife - just leave the insults to us out of it. I just don't get it - thread after thread bashing American women - and yet these guys can't understand why American women don't want to be with them. It's like - You don't want to be with me? Well - you suck!!! I didn't want you anyway! I'm gonna go abroad and get me a woman and you'll be sorry!!!

Guess what? Nobody wants to be around someone who hates them - so until these guys stop hating women - they'll never get one. It's as simple as that.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:56 AM

93 posts, read 100,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post
I'm 4'11 and am not ashamed to admit that I do like tall guys. There is something about height that makes the man look more attractive. Most of my friends are 5'7 or under and they don't have trouble finding dates. *shrugs*

Generally I don't care but let me make it simple for you. The reason why we get defensive because you guys JUDGE (keyword) and categorize us as "gold-diggers, anti-family oriented, materialistic obsessive, and nazifeminist" (I've seen this word over and over) when it doesn't apply to all women. Would you American men get defensive if one INDIVIDUAL person made a thread about how American men wants sex, booties, and are superficial people who have low self-esteem so therefore they aren't real men"? If the OP and others want to find a foreign wife, by all means, GO FOR IT. QUIT bashing American women and we won't get defensive. Simple as that. What happen to the "we're all individuals and prefer different things"?

Make it simple for me? LOL.. thanks for making my point with your snide remark! best of luck to you!

Old 01-03-2012, 08:57 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE DUDE View Post
I think Latinas are the most beautiful women on earth. Yesterday in the gym I saw a girl who was the spitting image of Salma Hayek well a young version. Melted my heart...
Salma Hayek is actually of Arab ethnicity. And from a very rich Arab family in Mexico.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
So... it's okay to bash American women but it's not okay to bash the guys who bash American women... Huh... Actually - if you read the posts - we could care less if they want to go off and find themselves a foreign wife - just leave the insults to us out of it. I just don't get it - thread after thread bashing American women - and yet these guys can't understand why American women don't want to be with them. It's like - You don't want to be with me? Well - you suck!!! I didn't want you anyway! I'm gonna go abroad and get me a woman and you'll be sorry!!!

Guess what? Nobody wants to be around someone who hates them - so until these guys stop hating women - they'll never get one. It's as simple as that.

No where did i bash american women in this thread. The fact of the matter is American men and foreign women have been insulted far far more in this thread then the other way around. truth hurts. toodles!

Old 01-03-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
No where did i bash american women in this thread. The fact of the matter is American men and foreign women have been insulted far far more in this thread then the other way around. truth hurts. toodles!
Where? I certainly didn't. I have nothing against American men or foreign women. I'm married to an American man. My father was an American man. People are people - no matter where you go. If you find love here - great! If you find love in another country - great! My friends parents met on a ship - he was from India and she was from Argentina. Sometimes love just finds you. But to say that all American women are crap so you have to go elsewhere to find a decent woman is insult and unnecessary. However - you don't seem to have a problem with that. Okay.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:03 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,400,955 times
Quote:
Make it simple for me? LOL.. thanks for making my point with your snide remark! best of luck to you!
Thanks but no thanks. Perhaps you do. Best of luck TO YOU.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Where? I certainly didn't. I have nothing against American men or foreign women. I'm married to an American man. My father was an American man. People are people - no matter where you go. If you find love here - great! If you find love in another country - great! My friends parents met on a ship - he was from India and she was from Argentina. Sometimes love just finds you. But to say that all American women are crap so you have to go elsewhere to find a decent woman is insult and unnecessary. However - you don't seem to have a problem with that. Okay.

You seem to put alot of things in your head! And intellectually dishonest to boot.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
You seem to put alot of things in your head! And intellectually dishonest to boot. I'm done with you.
Dishonest? About what? You seem to have some sort of axe to grind with me and maybe you feel that insulting me will make you feel better. That's okay. Okay - have a nice day!

Old 01-03-2012, 09:14 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,102,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
I'm kind of late bloomer-- I'm 26 and just started dating last year when I was 25, after a long hiatus of not even trying. Height never used to be an issue for me at all. Since around 14 or so I've been consciously aware that I'm a bit shorter than average, but never thought of myself as a "short guy." I'm bitter about this lately mainly because of match.com. I signed up a few months ago. I've since found out that I am instantly disqualified from most of the women on that website-- even when I do a custom search narrowing it down to women who are between 4'11" and 5'4", ~80% of those still want guys who are taller than me-- even the girls who are ~5'0". Not making this up-- you have to see these profiles to believe it. I went out with a girl a few months ago who was 5'0" and I thought she was way too tiny for me. Of course that doesn't stop me from sending them messages anyway. The response rate is extremely low though. I've only gone out with 2 girls I've met from match. I'm on another, smaller, specialized dating site which doesn't let you publically state height preferences in your profile, and that one has let to dates with 7 different girls, fortunately.
I just ran a quick search on Match.com for women between 4'11" and 5'4" between ages 21 and 35 in my area, NYC (i.e. the most shallow place on Earth) and 11 of 20 accepted a man 5'8" or shorter.

Yea. Short guys have it tough. I'm shorter than you. But you will not get anywhere in life thinking 5'8" is a MAJOR handicap...

Old 01-03-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post
Thanks but no thanks. Perhaps you do. Best of luck TO YOU.
I'm not even sure which remark of yours was supposedly snide!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships