Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 02:58 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Nothing more to add after reading this post. But i'll guarantee you they wont listen and then open a thread soon insulting the women from those places for not living up to their expectations....smh
I can't wait for those threads!!!

Old 01-02-2012, 03:02 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
As if ones culture has no bearing on their behaivor

WOW
You mean like lumping the whole continent of South America and Central American into one culture? As apparently the OP did.

Guys, seriously. If you want a woman from another culture than fine. No need for announcements and especially no need to put down all American women. Plenty of men are fine with us.

For all the shortcomings you see in us, there are tons of women who would love to leave their cultures, so they can be like us and have lives with the opportunities we have.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:03 PM

629 posts, read 772,196 times
I doubt that. I spend alot of time with groups of couples who have foreign partners. Maybe i see a biased sample of those who are happy but I have to say that a suprising number of them are solid relationships

Old 01-02-2012, 03:10 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Nothing more to add after reading this post. But i'll guarantee you they wont listen and then open a thread soon insulting the women from those places for not living up to their expectations....smh
Yeah, can't wait for the;

'Never marry a Central/South American women, they are only interested in your bank account and whether you drive a Mercedes'

Or

'Central/South American women always put their family first and their husband gets treated like a third world citizen'

Alternatively

'Women from Latin American countries are too materialistic'

'They aren't interested in me because I don't have a degree'

Old 01-02-2012, 03:19 PM

629 posts, read 772,196 times
I dont see how my comment applies to the OPs myopic view of the world. And nobody is putting down ALL american women. Im saying that because of our social entitlement system AM women tend to be less concerned with the ramifications of having a child. That being the case when a single guy hits around 25 years old the possiblity of finding a women who is without a family and wants to start one is nearly impossible. Good girls tend to be snapped up just after highschool or in college, after that its tough for a single guy who maybe went in the military and put himself through college only to find alot of single mothers with a ton of baggage as a lifelong partner. So the state of affairs as it is in the US serves moist (I was going to remove the i but thought it fitting) women well and most AM women are fine. I know my mother and sister are and they love my foriegn wife. They were so worried about it as the relatinship progressed but once they met her and realised how lucky I was to take such an unusual path to find a mate they were all on board. And mostly because they knew deep down that I would have never found a girl like her here in The US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You mean like lumping the whole continent of South America and Central American into one culture? As apparently the OP did.

Guys, seriously. If you want a woman from another culture than fine. No need for announcements and especially no need to put down all American women. Plenty of men are fine with us.

For all the shortcomings you see in us, there are tons of women who would love to leave their cultures, so they can be like us and have lives with the opportunities we have.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:38 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
I dont see how my comment applies to the OPs myopic view of the world. And nobody is putting down ALL american women. Im saying that because of our social entitlement system AM women tend to be less concerned with the ramifications of having a child. That being the case when a single guy hits around 25 years old the possiblity of finding a women who is without a family and wants to start one is nearly impossible. Good girls tend to be snapped up just after highschool or in college, after that its tough for a single guy who maybe went in the military and put himself through college only to find alot of single mothers with a ton of baggage as a lifelong partner. So the state of affairs as it is in the US serves moist (I was going to remove the i but thought it fitting) women well and most AM women are fine. I know my mother and sister are and they love my foriegn wife. They were so worried about it as the relatinship progressed but once they met her and realised how lucky I was to take such an unusual path to find a mate they were all on board. And mostly because they knew deep down that I would have never found a girl like her here in The US
I am genuinely happy for you and your wife.

I'm not in your age group, so I have no idea what it is like. I have quite a few female friends in your age group, and none are single mothers, and I know no one that is on welfare. I am very against the cavalier attitude that some demonstrate in having children. More for the children's sake.

I don't think entitlement issues are restricted to females though.

My objection is to anyone who speaks in sweeping generalities, whether it be about gender, race or religon.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:09 PM

973 posts, read 1,705,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
. In America women make the big deal out of money how many times have we seen women say they won't go out with a guy that makes less than her? My friends Latin American wife makes more than him and it's not an issue they've been married for years now. Our cultures raises women to value a man by how much he is worth on paper...primarily.
I have no idea where you and the other complaining men live, but I have not seen too many women whom you are all complaining about; and to LUMP all American women into these categories? PFFFFFFTTTTTT

When my sons dated, I never met any of their females who felt money and a fancy car were important and now both are happily married and new fathers this past year, and from what I can tell ALL parties involved went for SUBSTANCE and not what the other person was worth monetarily. And my daughter is the same way as are her friends. So again, I really am not sure if where you live plays a role in your plight or maybe that you and the other men keep picking the same type of women but expect the results to be different. And what does Einstein say about those who keep doing this??

But as I think more about threads like these, I think this is one reason why I got myself a European man... for from what I can tell, they tend not to whine.

Last edited by Sagitarrius48; 01-02-2012 at 04:23 PM..

Old 01-02-2012, 04:46 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,610,493 times
im mexican, prefer asian women tho. not a fan of mexican women. for latin america prefer south america. colombia is a good place to have fun.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:51 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,102,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitarrius48 View Post
I have no idea where you and the other complaining men live, but I have not seen too many women whom you are all complaining about; and to LUMP all American women into these categories? PFFFFFFTTTTTT

When my sons dated, I never met any of their females who felt money and a fancy car were important and now both are happily married and new fathers this past year, and from what I can tell ALL parties involved went for SUBSTANCE and not what the other person was worth monetarily. And my daughter is the same way as are her friends. So again, I really am not sure if where you live plays a role in your plight or maybe that you and the other men keep picking the same type of women but expect the results to be different. And what does Einstein say about those who keep doing this??

But as I think more about threads like these, I think this is one reason why I got myself a European man... for from what I can tell, they tend not to whine.
I think I can answer your question. But it will be a bit theoretical.

Since men must pursue, women usually have more options than men. Thus, a typical woman will usually look for something slightly to somewhat better than what she has going on in terms of combination of looks, intelligence, social skills and status, and money. Thus, the reason why women won't date men who make less than them and why Asian women go for White Men. Of course, this does not apply to all women, but to enough to make an impact.

Even with this disadvantage, most American men will have no trouble finding a loving, competent, and intelligent American wife. But if a guy who is maybe a little lower on the totem pole gets frustrated enough from getting rejected by enough women who he feels are at a 'similar level' to him, he'll try to go overseas rather than settle.

He can get a more physically attractive woman at a bargain while giving up (possibly) compatibility and communication.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:52 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Where do you live? Most of my girlfriends didn't get married until their 30's. I got married at 28 and was the first of most of my friends. And none of us had children until after we got married. I don't see what you are talking about at all.

I don't have a thing at all against foreign men or women or American men or women. I think wherever you find love is where you are supposed to find it. If you find love - you are lucky and should cherish it. But to say that all American women suck and that you have to look elsewhere to find love is absolute rubbish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships