Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 10:42 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,161,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
That is very easy to explain the problem is the single ones over 27 or so. I've said numerous times there are lot's of good American women....that aren't single. Women that look for the right things have no problem finding a guy so they are snagged up in their twenties.
I have a hard time believing that I'm sooo different from every single woman out there. I have a couple of single girlfriends - and they are great people.

But let me ask you this - why didn't you snag a woman when you were younger and she was younger?

Old 01-02-2012, 10:50 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,468,709 times
I'd have to agree with South America. But stay away from those countries that have a lot of Indians. they all look like pygmies.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:58 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Are you from a small town? I think there's 2 different topics I'm thinking about. American women may put their family first when it comes to siblings and parents, but not when they get married. Or, they have some sort of unrealistic expectation of the type of man they're looking to marry. He must make X amount of money, drive a certain car, live in a certain part of town, etc. They seem less forgiving of men who have been through stuff such as divorce, unemployment, etc. They just seem less caring and less compassionate. Thats what I see firsthand. Maybe its just Atlanta, a city I have grown to dislike. I want out of the materialistic rat race, maybe because I'm losing the race, I don't know. But I hate it.
Your problems are all between your ears.

I'm pretty much just an average guy and I managed to meet a great woman. I was working for a failing company. I had just moved my fiancé in, when I negotiated a lay off settlement. I thought for sure she would turn around and leave. To my complete surprise, she took over the bills. I told her she didn't need to as I was fairly confident I would be back to work soon. She wanted to be better safe than sorry. About a month later I got a call from the husband of my mothers boss. This job has been an absolute dream, and because of my fiance's kindness, I used my signing bonus to put a fat ring on her finger.

I am just an average American man and she is an average American woman. I was born in Scottsdale, she in Annapolis. The difference is I have refused to blame others for my struggles in life. I am much to stubborn to give others that power.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:02 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,053,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
I'd have to agree with South America. But stay away from those countries that have a lot of Indians. they all look like pygmies.
WTF?? I'm sure they think you look like a tall, pasty ostrich.

There are probably 30 of these threads, and they always get locked. Maybe you guys need to move to a larger city where there are more options.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:11 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I have a hard time believing that I'm sooo different from every single woman out there. I have a couple of single girlfriends - and they are great people.

But let me ask you this - why didn't you snag a woman when you were younger and she was younger?
I had a girlfriend in my late 20's we did not work out though and she was not the one. I did not date in high school at all or for most of my twenties really. I was overwight and had confidence/self esteem problems especially in regards to women. I am a totally different person at 35 I am athletic now and have much higher confidence/self esteem. Some call it a late bloomer I say...which for a guy is bad because dating is a struggle.

In the past few years that I have been single I have been on dates with women that I was interested in they would not give me a chance though because they were either not happy with my career status or my lack of a completed degree. Women don't come out and say this they sort of say it in a round-a-bout way using code language and hints. Unless you date women it's hard to explain :-/.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:12 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,468,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
WTF?? I'm sure they think you look like a tall, pasty ostrich.

There are probably 30 of these threads, and they always get locked. Maybe you guys need to move to a larger city where there are more options.
Well, I didn't mean to be unkind. But the guy was looking for hot women by an Ameican's standard and so the advice to steer clear of indian populations was accurate I would say.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:13 AM

93 posts, read 100,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I think it's a great topic let's continue. I agree with the op....a friend of mine married a woman from Latin America...she has an advanced degree and actually makes more money than he does. We all know American women have a huge issue with that scenario to begin with...and the money thing in general. If foreign women were just gold diggers...she definitely would not have married my friend.

Of course there are exceptions to any rule, but myself and friends/coworkers I've knows that have married Latin women are extremely happy. We have 50/50 equitable marriages, no b.s., put each other first. When you put a woman first in America you are considered "weak" and "not a challenge". When you put a Latina woman first in your life along with your family you are considered a gentleman. I prefer the latter distinction.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:13 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post

I'm pretty much just an average guy and I managed to meet a great woman. I was working for a failing company. I had just moved my fiancé in, when I negotiated a lay off settlement. I thought for sure she would turn around and leave. To my complete surprise, she took over the bills. I told her she didn't need to as I was fairly confident I would be back to work soon. She wanted to be better safe than sorry. About a month later I got a call from the husband of my mothers boss. This job has been an absolute dream, and because of my fiance's kindness, I used my signing bonus to put a fat ring on her finger.

I am just an average American man and she is an average American woman. I was born in Scottsdale, she in Annapolis. The difference is I have refused to blame others for my struggles in life. I am much to stubborn to give others that power.
What are your ages if you don't mind me asking? You and your wife that is....more specifically how old were you when you starting dating?

Old 01-02-2012, 11:36 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post

You got lucky. I'm not blaming anyone for my struggles, although I have worked for a lot of terrible bosses. But thats also on me for not seeing the signs. So I don't know what you're talking about. Its also my fault I'm in the wrong career, but its too late now. I'm in a lucrative field, but it requires a cutthroat mentality. I just don't have that. So I'm kind of stuck. But hey, sounds like you found a great woman. I hope someday I can say the same.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:39 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,088,979 times
Foreign women are just as materialistic. The ones from first world Asian countries I would say are even more materialistic than American women as a whole.

The reason why foreign women from third world countries are easier is because as an American man, you are offering a better opportunity and standard of living for them and their children.

You can't offer that to American women because they already have it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships