Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 05:50 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Brady married a Victoria's Secret supermodel. Salma Hayek is pretty awesome but guess who she married? A French billionaire and CEO. Clooney's italian ex is an actress and now he's seeing Stacy Keibler. They didn't 'settle' for foreigners because they were socially inept, they got with foreigners who are famous and/or rich because they themselves are famous and rich.

Not saying there's anything wrong with foreign women, but I feel like there's a stark contrast between celebs and stars marrying foreign celeb and stars and some guy who can't get dates going abroad to see if he can entice a woman based on his nationality.
You beat me to it

Old 01-02-2012, 05:50 PM

474 posts, read 495,990 times
Why foreign women when there are so many pretty American women? Atleast you will have a common culture and can relate to growing up in the same nation instead of finding someone from a totally alien nation. However, this doesn't hold true in all cases, if there's compatibility the issue of nationality doesn't arise I guess.

Anyway, my question is why would the families of those Latin women agree to marry them off to an American in the first place? Most Latin families are very closely bonded and don't usually take too kind to one of their women marrying a man from a different race and nationality(American in this case) is what I have been told

Old 01-02-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
I tried to illustrate the demographic and political forces that effect an entire cohort of American men and why it might be a great option to seek a partner from another country. Typically im am ignored and insulted for my choice by people who no nothing about me my wife or the topic at hand.

Ignornant ugly americans. Im ashamed of you all
(a glimpse, perhaps, into what that poor foreign woman must deal with in order to stay in America )

Old 01-02-2012, 05:59 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
I live in a medium sized city in the midwest. Im not bad looking but kind of small 5'7" 150 lbs. Never made more than $12 an hour until I met my wife and I was able to hold out for better money. I dont drink but I go out and have a big family of brothers and sisters. I have antoher brother who started late and ran into the same troubles I did. He ended up marrying a woman with a family and now they are getting divorced. He has a son from that marriage.

Where do you live in this utopia where no matter how old a fella is there is a chaste and cherub maiden in waiting.
I live in New York. Chaste and cherub maidens? I'm sorry - are you talking about virgins? You wanted a virgin and that was a problem? That I can understand. But in terms of children - none of my girlfriends had children out of wedlock. Most of us are just starting families now - in our 30's. And why on earth would there be a chaste and cherub maiden waiting for every man? Why would that be a utopia? That sounds more like an old man's dream than any sort of utopia. I mean - what would be in it for these chaste and cherub maidens that would so perfect?

This also could depend on your social circle. Everyone in my social circle has a college degree - at least their bachelor's if not more, has had children after they have gotten married, and doesn't have any prejudices towards Americans or foreigners.

Quote:
I tried to illustrate the demographic and political forces that effect an entire cohort of American men and why it might be a great option to seek a partner from another country. Typically im am ignored and insulted for my choice by people who no nothing about me my wife or the topic at hand.

Ignornant ugly americans. Im ashamed of you all
I don't think anyone has insulted you for falling in love with your wife. However - you continue to insinuate that she is better than American women simply because she is not American. There is no need to insult one person in order to compliment another person.

And why are you calling people ugly? There is no need to resort to that.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:11 PM

973 posts, read 1,705,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEssex View Post
Defensive are we? That Tom Brady must be a loser who couldnt find love because he married a Brazilian. George Clooney is practically married to an italian he must be socially inept. Keep putting things in your head and telling yourself whatever makes you feel good. Salma Hayek was rated the most desirable woman recently amongst men from the US. American women IN GENERAL were so much more attractive before feminism. For those of us that care about more than just looks on our women to include those things which truly are important in this world, South and central America is a great , close option. I dont think somebody should go there just to find a mate, I directed the thread at the poster in another thread so that he wouldnt make the mistake of doing the mail order thing in russia or Thailand. He should go take a Spanish immersion program down there, or something along the lines to better himself, and then see what happens while he was down there. My friend met his wife while in medical school in Guadalajara, my other buddy met his wife while in the Peace Corps in Argentina, and yet another met a wonderful venezualan dentist while he was down there in Spanish immersion school.
I am not even going to address the celebrity angle, for they are worldly jet-setters and in totally different social circles from any of us here, nor am I going to address your summation of today's American woman as even though there may be some merit to it, it takes TWO to get into the situation that you think we are in. But what I will address is what I have bolded as I agree with you. What you had written is totally different from what these men who are "out tah git me a forein womun" are doing. The men that you mentioned "found" love in places where they probably least expected it as they went to those countries already having an agenda and even a passion as to why they were there in the first place; and that they found true love there is totally believable, for if you see the pairings, they have things in common which is what brought them together in the first place.

I am not discounting that true love can happen between those from different countries (as then I would have to invalidate my own relationship ); but what I am discounting is the reason and the approach that certain men on here are using to find his "better half."

Old 01-02-2012, 06:12 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,610,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Could someone please explain why its always the fault of American women that some (lazy, loser, socially inept) American men can not find love? I think that the problem starts (and ends) there. The mere fact that these men believe that they have to leave the country to find a mate is indicative of their own shortcomings, so they find the need to fish in the murky waters of the 3rd world's needy women pool for a mate.

Do these men honestly think that some hot 19 year old women from a banana republic really wants to (enthusiatically) have sex with these 50 year old balding, beer bellied, teeny "wieny" men who lack social skills?

Why can't these men just admit that THEY are the problem?
why would an ugly fat balding 50 yr old settle for ugly fat 50 yr old woman in the US when he can get a sexy 19 yr old in a poor country? i dont understand it.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:16 PM

973 posts, read 1,705,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
why would an ugly fat balding 50 yr old settle for ugly fat 50 yr old woman in the US when he can get a sexy 19 yr old in a poor country? i dont understand it.
So.... you have some women in mind from your country for these "men"???
Just curious...and a bit miffed as many 50 year old women are NOT fat and more than likely, they look a lot younger than their male counterparts.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:20 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,697,329 times
Quote:
it's pretty bloody ignorant to assume that a sexy 19 year old in a poor country will fall in love with a fat **** from the US just because of his citizenship.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
The problem is when this ugly, fat, balding, financially challenged, teeny "wieny" American guy has the audacity to bash ALL American women who do not want him and actually believes that the hot 19 year old woman from a banana republic has no "agenda" and authentically wants to have sex with him. The problem is that these men are delusional if they believe that a hot 19 year old genuinely craves the teeny wieny of fat, balding, financially challenged American man....or that she won't trade up as soon as the opportunity presents.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:23 PM

474 posts, read 495,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
it's pretty bloody ignorant to assume that a sexy 19 year old in a poor country will fall in love with a fat **** from the US just because of his citizenship.
I agree, except very few women that live in extreme poverty, most decently well off women in even poor countries wouldn't give a fat *** from the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships