Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 10:17 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcowmayhem View Post
Men don't really care if women have degrees or make six figures. They want a homemaker.
Disagree...this guy only speaks for himself. How does he know what I want? Silly post to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarysPoppins View Post
As well as someone who can 'bring in the money' and not expect them to do anything extra while doing both.

Sorry to say it, men usually want it both ways because not everyone makes decent money and cannot afford to have the wife sitting home like June Cleaver.
Disagree totally you're not even being remotely rational now. Not even sure this post makes sense especially the first part. In America women make the big deal out of money how many times have we seen women say they won't go out with a guy that makes less than her? My friends Latin American wife makes more than him and it's not an issue they've been married for years now. Our cultures raises women to value a man by how much he is worth on paper...primarily.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:19 AM

370 posts, read 1,365,802 times
WHO are all these women that say the guy MUST be rich?? What are we talking about, a guy who makes 200 dollars a week and lives at the YMCA or a guy making 400 and they have a modest apartment?

Old 01-02-2012, 10:20 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,161,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
You're way off base...I wonder why this subject bothers you so much? I've never seen any guy say they want a subservient woman. From what I can tell that's the line American women have to use because they won't admit there is definitely a problem in our culture. Do you even know any foreign women and have you been out of the country? I do...and have been.
What is the problem and why are only women the cause of it? I've been to many foreign countries. I love traveling! I didn't feel like the women there were some sort of different species or anything.

Quote:
These threads are ignorant and insulting. A person is a person and an individual, regardless of her country.

Apparently some men here just don't have what it takes to get a woman in the normal way so they have to insult ALL AMERICAN ladies and compare them to foreign women WHO MUST BE BETTER simply because THEY ARE NOT AMERICAN LADIES.

Self loathing is such a sad thing, gentlemen.

It's also insulting to non-American women who must need to be with ANYONE so much that they will DO ANYTHING or BE ANYTHING to get a man or a hot meal or both.

I have a foreign husband myself and he's not 'stereotypical' of his nation, just a real person with good and bad points.

Hello reality check.
Yeah - most people are really just people - doesn't really matter where you are from. There maybe be certain customs and things that differ - like in some countries many generations all live under the same roof or in some countries women have no rights - but at the end of the day - we are all just people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You might have to move to a Latin American or Thailand to keep your foreign woman from being corrupted by American women. It's very hard to keep them pure for long if they come here and are exposed to the materialistic American woman. It seems those values rub off on those perfect foreign women very very fast.
Every time I accidentally rub shoulders with a foreign woman on the subway - I check to make sure my materialism didn't rub off on her. I'm trying to do my part!

Quote:
I don't need a lot of money to spend since a lot of things I like to do are free like hiking out in nature. I could also care less about bosom size. Single American women are obsessed with money, material things and status....not me. How times have you seen a woman in America say they won't date a guy unless he makes x amount of money? I don't agree with just looking in Latin American countries...although it is closer to fly there.
Um... never? Wait - let me think through all my single friends... Oh, wait - once. I have one friend that is looking for a guy with a certain income - and I keep telling her she'll probably end up with a guy that makes nothing. Really, I only have one friend that cares about things like that - and yes, I have more than one friend.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:21 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,736,850 times
Quote:
Our cultures raises women to value a man by how much he is worth on paper...primarily.
Only in your head dude.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:22 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
People keep saying that on here. It kind of makes me scratch my head... What exactly does that mean? I'm asking honestly - because in my hometown, most of my friends were really close with their families. In high school, we would usually go over to someone's house and their parents would be there, too. We were all close with many of our friends parents as well. And now - most of us are married with children. Same goes for my college friends and friends that I met after college. I know that for most of us - our families do come first. So, I'm wondering what is making people say that American women don't put their families first...
Are you from a small town? I think there's 2 different topics I'm thinking about. American women may put their family first when it comes to siblings and parents, but not when they get married. Or, they have some sort of unrealistic expectation of the type of man they're looking to marry. He must make X amount of money, drive a certain car, live in a certain part of town, etc. They seem less forgiving of men who have been through stuff such as divorce, unemployment, etc. They just seem less caring and less compassionate. Thats what I see firsthand. Maybe its just Atlanta, a city I have grown to dislike. I want out of the materialistic rat race, maybe because I'm losing the race, I don't know. But I hate it.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:23 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Only in your head dude.
No, its not in his head. It is very true and its making men very bitter and cynical.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:28 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,736,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
No, its not in his head. It is very true and its making men very bitter and cynical.
Interesting.

The men who say this are the ones who can't find a woman.

The guys who have a great wife or girlfriend don't feel that way.

Who is in the wrong here, the losers or the winners.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:32 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,689,590 times
if you people want to meet foreign (especially latin american) women who make six figures, get a job at one of the major development banks in DC like the IMF or World Bank.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:39 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,161,879 times
Quote:
Are you from a small town? I think there's 2 different topics I'm thinking about. American women may put their family first when it comes to siblings and parents, but not when they get married. Or, they have some sort of unrealistic expectation of the type of man they're looking to marry. He must make X amount of money, drive a certain car, live in a certain part of town, etc. They seem less forgiving of men who have been through stuff such as divorce, unemployment, etc. They just seem less caring and less compassionate. Thats what I see firsthand. Maybe its just Atlanta, a city I have grown to dislike. I want out of the materialistic rat race, maybe because I'm losing the race, I don't know. But I hate it.
I'm from outside of Los Angeles and I live in New York. All I know is that out of my closest friends that are married - money was never a factor. They married for love - and some of their husbands make less than they do. One of the husbands was divorced. And living in New York - most people don't have cars. Maybe it's just my social circle - but I think that likes tend to attract likes. Maybe you used to move in a more materialistic circle and you naturally gravitate towards that type of crowd. I don't know. All I know is that all these posts about how American women are so materialistic and won't date a guy unless he is super hot and super rich just make me scratch my head. Who are these women? I sure as hell don't know them!!!

And as far as who comes first - right now - our son comes first for my husband and me. Or maybe I should say - our family comes first - my husband, myself, my son, and our dog. We are all about our family.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:40 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,537 times
Quote:
I have attempted to date women that live in the Pittsburgh suburbs it's the same story there I'm not even divorced or unemployed. I also have no kids so all in all my financial status is probably considered average. None of this matters I have been wrote off repeatedly by women due to my lack of a completed degree or because they were not happy with my career status.

Quote:
WHO are all these women that say the guy MUST be rich?? What are we talking about, a guy who makes 200 dollars a week and lives at the YMCA or a guy making 400 and they have a modest apartment?
You honestly have no idea....I think some women need to be a guy for a year and try to date. Then they will see how bad it is out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Interesting.

The men who say this are the ones who can't find a woman.
The guys who have a great wife or girlfriend don't feel that way.
Who is in the wrong here, the losers or the winners.
That is very easy to explain the problem is the single ones over 27 or so. I've said numerous times there are lot's of good American women....that aren't single. Women that look for the right things have no problem finding a guy so they are snagged up in their twenties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships