Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 03:53 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
emotional pressue equates to rape now? Rape means that a person is physically forced to have sex, not feel guilted into it, you are essentially calling a guy that no longer holds her interest a violent criminal..heres a definition of the word...I don't think the word is appropriate do you?

1)forcing of somebody into sex: the crime of using force somebody to have sexual intercourse with somebody
2. instance of rape: an instance of the crime of rape

3. violent destructive treatment: the violent, destructive, or abusive treatment of something
"the rape of a beautiful stretch of countryside"

4.abduction: an act of seizing somebody and carrying him or her away by force ( archaic )
I deem that emotional guilt can be a type of force and I am not asking you to agree with me. That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 05:28 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
I deem that emotional guilt can be a type of force and I am not asking you to agree with me. That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

The law disagrees.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:30 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
The law disagrees.
The law also states that I can be arrested without trial at Guantanamo Bay because I have several firearms and more than seven days of food storage at my home.

It isn't like I am a judge so you don't have to worry. All I am saying is that this is my opinion and that I am entitled to it. Everyone else is free to disagree and that is ok.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:33 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
Default Have you ever stopped being attracted to your partner for no reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Ick - what guy with an ounce of self-respect wants to continue a relationship with a woman who has flat out told him she is not sexually attracted to him??

I'm betting the real problems are ones that your mind and emotions don't want to address, so your body is forcing the issue.

Dig deeper.
Great post from lovesMountains, again!!! I suspect this happens to a lot of people, not just the OP and in thinking about it, it sure makes sense to me. Time changes everything, including one's physical appearance...

Old 01-13-2012, 02:36 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
Default Have you ever stopped being attracted to your partner for no reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Except he wouldn't let me love him. That was the major problem. The fat I could deal with cause I could move it around, lol. But the fact was that he would deny me even with his fat ass.
Ugh! I'm trying to put this picture OUT of my mind...

Old 01-13-2012, 02:36 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,088 times
I'm not sure that I have ever stopped being attracted to someone I was dating right away. But once I was with some girl for about three months and she seemed to let herself go, and I wasn't that attracted to her anymore...

For me, when I was single, if I liked someone and she wasn't kind or nice to people, for whatever reason my attraction for her would decrease. When I was single, sometimes I would be really attracted to someone, until they opened their mouth.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:50 PM

29 posts, read 125,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Exactly. Which is why I said to her...

I'm betting the real problems are ones that your mind and emotions don't want to address, so your body is forcing the issue.
(thus the lack of physical attraction).
I've considered this actually. He tends to act very much like a child sometimes and likewise I tend to feel like a parent. I have an urge to take care of him and make sure he's ok. However, it's not exactly sexy to think of an adult relationship in this way -- at least not for me.

Just in case I'm way off base on this, I've asked some of my friends what they have thought and they universally agree that he does in fact act very immature. Then again, friends sometimes tell you what you want to hear.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:20 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
The poor guy is found wanting in bed...

Old 01-13-2012, 06:44 PM

95 posts, read 247,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planter View Post
This has happened to me and its the most frustrating, mysterious thing. I met my partner 3 years ago and we hit it off both emotionally and sexually. After about a year, the sexual bit started to fade but I figured that was just normal and continued with the relationship. Fast forward to today and I am not attracted at all. Neither of us have changed physically and we both go to the gym.

We generally have a great time together, love each other, are affectionate, and communicate well (even about this issue). He is still attracted to me and I feel awful about that. I don't think this problem is medical--because I'm still attracted to other people. Good relationships don't grow on trees and I'm reluctant to let this one go. He is so very much in love with me that it is entirely my choice as to whether we should continue or not. Though, the sickest thing is that I would be very depressed if I did end it.

Has this happened to anyone here and if so what did you do about it? I'm not talking about a situation where someone became a jerk and it ruined your attraction to the person. My partner is actually very sweet and nice most of the time.

How in the world did this thread turn to rape / force issues?

Planter: I hope you resolve these issues with your boyfriend as it seems you all have an excellent relationship and also had the sexual attraction, I think that if you had the spark once it can definitely be lurking still... Maybe take some time apart? Or counseling?
If not possible, I hope you can move on and stay friends somehow because sounds like you are both very nice people.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:48 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planter View Post
I've considered this actually. He tends to act very much like a child sometimes and likewise I tend to feel like a parent. I have an urge to take care of him and make sure he's ok. However, it's not exactly sexy to think of an adult relationship in this way -- at least not for me.

Just in case I'm way off base on this, I've asked some of my friends what they have thought and they universally agree that he does in fact act very immature. Then again, friends sometimes tell you what you want to hear.

I read through this thread and couldn't think of a reason that I would lose attraction without reason... until I read this. This hits really close to home for me. Once you start feeling like "mom," it's all over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships