Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 09:52 PM

1 posts, read 933 times

Advertisements

Hi
I've got the same exact problem.
Deep down I don't think it will change either and I'm sad about it because we had made life changing plans to move countries etc and I don't really want to break both our dreams, but I feel it's not right to do it because I don't want to move on my own, as I think that would be selfish on my part.
At the moment I lack courage and also feel sad for my partner, carry guilt etc. I know this may not seem like a terrible problem but it is hard and confusing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 09:55 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
Not to split heirs but that is NOT rape...it would be rape if the guy forced himself on her. Many women have sex when they don't feel like it...I think they call that marriage...(I kid I kid)
Heh heh!

Happy New Year, everybody, off to watch Pirates of the Caribbean before kissing the family at midnight!

Old 12-31-2015, 11:36 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,456,933 times
I have always had a reason attached...I just may have not understood what it was at the time the feelings/attraction where lost.

Old 01-01-2016, 12:54 AM

807 posts, read 1,354,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
After careful consideration, I deem you a whacko.
I wonder how many guys she has sent to jail for rape because she just wasn't emotional enough during sex.

Old 01-01-2016, 01:15 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,337,227 times
Love is very energetic and spiritual,that electricity,that energy comes and goes,I know this morning I completely lost interest in the guy im in love with,and started to feel interested in others it was very odd to me.
But now I feel completely in love with him again with no interest in others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planter View Post
This has happened to me and its the most frustrating, mysterious thing. I met my partner 3 years ago and we hit it off both emotionally and sexually. After about a year, the sexual bit started to fade but I figured that was just normal and continued with the relationship. Fast forward to today and I am not attracted at all. Neither of us have changed physically and we both go to the gym.

We generally have a great time together, love each other, are affectionate, and communicate well (even about this issue). He is still attracted to me and I feel awful about that. I don't think this problem is medical--because I'm still attracted to other people. Good relationships don't grow on trees and I'm reluctant to let this one go. He is so very much in love with me that it is entirely my choice as to whether we should continue or not. Though, the sickest thing is that I would be very depressed if I did end it.

Has this happened to anyone here and if so what did you do about it? I'm not talking about a situation where someone became a jerk and it ruined your attraction to the person. My partner is actually very sweet and nice most of the time.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:32 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planter View Post
This has happened to me and its the most frustrating, mysterious thing. I met my partner 3 years ago and we hit it off both emotionally and sexually. After about a year, the sexual bit started to fade but I figured that was just normal and continued with the relationship. Fast forward to today and I am not attracted at all. Neither of us have changed physically and we both go to the gym.

We generally have a great time together, love each other, are affectionate, and communicate well (even about this issue). He is still attracted to me and I feel awful about that. I don't think this problem is medical--because I'm still attracted to other people. Good relationships don't grow on trees and I'm reluctant to let this one go. He is so very much in love with me that it is entirely my choice as to whether we should continue or not. Though, the sickest thing is that I would be very depressed if I did end it.

Has this happened to anyone here and if so what did you do about it? I'm not talking about a situation where someone became a jerk and it ruined your attraction to the person. My partner is actually very sweet and nice most of the time.
RE the bolded part.... you always have a choice to end it just as he does

Me personally nope! My ex for example........... I knew her for ages before in a FWB relationship until we finally give it a go. We were living together for just over a year and the sex part was the best of it, infact that was the only thing we didn't argue about LOL, I understand you can lose your appeal especially after being with someone for a while

But to be honest as huge a part of sex is to a relationship you do have a lot going for you so I would stick at it for a bit longer as I wouldn't be surprised if it perked up ( it does happen )

Can I ask what your fella said when you told him about this? ( don't worry I know he wasn't over the moon about it LOL )

Old 01-01-2016, 09:44 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,910,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmonty View Post
Hi
I've got the same exact problem.
Deep down I don't think it will change either and I'm sad about it because we had made life changing plans to move countries etc and I don't really want to break both our dreams, but I feel it's not right to do it because I don't want to move on my own, as I think that would be selfish on my part.
At the moment I lack courage and also feel sad for my partner, carry guilt etc. I know this may not seem like a terrible problem but it is hard and confusing.
Usually it is an emotional intimacy issue. Lots of things build up and don't get solved, creating an underlying sense of resentment. One or both people feel they cannot be truly vulnerable with the other. This eventually kills attraction.

Old 01-01-2016, 10:15 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,259,734 times
Not for no reason. Boredom is a reason- maybe not a good one, but still...!

Old 01-01-2016, 07:31 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,686,644 times
Never for no reason.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:58 PM

29 posts, read 24,787 times
I agree. It is not fair to string him along. Poor guy. Breakups cause heartbreaks for a reason. You both will be broken hearted, but in the end it will be for the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships