Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 08:04 PM

18 posts, read 14,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze18 View Post
I think it's interesting how people equate work to purpose. I'm going to have to agree with another one of the posters who basically said only a boring person would get bored. I can think of PLENTY of meaningful, interesting, and enriching activities to occupy myself with that do not include punching in to someone's time clock. That's like people who say if they hit the lottery (for a substantial amount) they would still work. To each his or her own I guess.
so true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze18 View Post
Anyhoo...OP I think it's great what you're doing but only you and her know what will work for your relationship. So I wouldn't force anything on her that she doesn't want. You already mentioned she hates her job so that shouldn’t be an issue. As for the maid...just let her do what she feels comfortable with at first and you can always change it up later.

Btw, if things don’t work out with that very lucky lady, I am single and take absolutely NO issue with staying home, having a maid, or any other bright ideas you may come up with to make my life easier. #ShamelessPlug
not forcing anything on her oh and im sorry.thing will work out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 08:12 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,359,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I'd like to know what $800,000 a year job doesn't require the person holding such a high paying position to have at least a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

Just sayin'.......

Old 01-12-2012, 01:13 PM

130 posts, read 466,298 times
Thumbs up Floored!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2624 View Post
im 32. she does not equal self worth with how much she can earn.or on having a job.she feels worthy when she does things for other people, she feels worthy by being a faithful,honest person.in fact, we both feel that way
This!!!!!!!

I had no idea people with this mindset still existed in this day and age. Good for you both and congratulations on having a wonderful life together! With that attititude I'm sure you'll be able to work out the minor details.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:28 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
yes the house is big and my parents live downstairs.its very big. i didnt want to live in it.but my parents are old and need to be taken care of.its not a house i purchased or built.my father purchased it way back in 1991.
So you live with your parents. Who cleans the house now?

Old 01-12-2012, 01:49 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
it may sound like it.but every word i e said is true.our family has a family business.thats how i make that kind of money. some of you may know it by the name too.but i do not want to give out that detail.hope you understand.im sorry about that
Well then, I retract my statement.

Making that kind of money I sure hope you have wise investors and are protecting your future.

Send me a dm with the name of your company, promise not to share it here, but I'm dying to know

Old 01-12-2012, 03:16 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
How old are your parents?

Old 01-12-2012, 04:38 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,572,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
On the other hand, let's assume she is a stand-up woman. What if you suddenly die. And she would inherit your wealth yes, but what will happen when a woman tries to adapt to the world, living all alone and taking care of herself in terms of worldly things like filing for taxes, dealing with banks, property disputes if any, legal battles from relatives - my father suddenly died - and pretty much like you, he put the brakes on my mother's career. And I'm thinking, had she continued her profession, she'd be a champion now, and taking people to task. But she has become somewhat curtailed and helpless in her old age, and we have been placing people around her to keep a watch, given that I have to travel 2 days to even see her.

A woman needs to have her own niche, no matter if the husband is a millionnaire. I am not a big fan of total spouse dependence, though I will not mind if a spouse does total dependence.
^^^For this reason, a woman's potential shouldn't be stunted just because the spouse earns enough to sustain the household financially.

Whether or not the OP is authentic, a 60,000 annual earnings is not exactly meager income and being in a position to afford domestic help, is an added bonus enabling her to keep her job.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:47 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,667,194 times
You make $800,000 a year?

Old 01-12-2012, 04:58 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,775,483 times
Really? You live with your parents and make 800K per year? Since it's a family business, your parents must make the same or more and you all have to live together? Since you are a cash cow, a full staff could be hired to take care of your parents...this entire post does not compute.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:12 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,667,194 times
Come on get real, if you had that kind of money, I doubt you would request the opinion of strangers. Go see a therapist, you should be able to afford it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships