Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2012, 05:08 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times

Advertisements

I can't remember if I addressed your posts. Offline days don't match up to online days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I had that epiphany a while ago and decided to live a life style more like people did a few generations ago. Wish you could try my wild grape aronia blend I just bottled. It would convince you even more. I really knocked that one out of the park. A woman wanted to know if I was "OK" twice when I was picking up some dog wood fruit off the ground that I made another fine wine out of. Yeah, I'm crazy.....
I would really like to try one of your edible discoveries and concoctions. Maybe one of these days I'll investigate that hobby of yours.

Quote:
BTW I'm past my prime. Nice that people still keep guessing my age wrong, but I feel every bit of it. Still, past prime isn't dead.
I get that and I'm past my prime as well as far as springing out of bed goes, but I still don't agree with the overall premise. My dad being my example. In his 20 and well into his 30s he was a flabby, pasty guy. He didn't look good. I base this on pics I've seen of him and his own accounts. For whatever reason he started running in his late 30s/early 40s. He eventually became a marathon runner, a body builder, and an urban cowboy lol. He was huge and strong. He also tanned quite a bit! I remember him laying out in the winter in Jersey. He looked really good and it was his prime. That's not to say I think most of these 20 year olds will follow suit, or anything, but I don't agree with their summation.

Quote:
Not when there are numbers, which of course is not an anecdote.

What Is the Retirement Age of Female Fashion Model under Korean Law? « Ask Korea Law
The court addressed that “considering that 94 percent of female models registered with the Korea Model Association are in their 20s and most of them quit before they reach their mid-30s, it seems reasonable to set the retirement age for female fashion models at 35.”
The question is when is someone in their prime , not who is prime. I also find 6 months after being rehabilitated from a stay at a concentration camp to be an uninteresting exception to say the least.
35 is way more reasonable than 25. And there is no need to embrace the extreme.

Now I'm reminded of my field and science in general. There was a time when I believed humans were so similar that we could make any drug and apply it across the board. We're all human after all. We have just about everything physiologically in common. Now, following years of "further" research and new discoveries we're learning that isn't necessarily the case at all. Personalized medicine based on your genome, on your phenotype, is where it's at. That's the new goal and it makes sense. People are just too different to apply the broad brush. It kills more folk than it's worth.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:15 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,657,337 times
I am way past my prime in terms of looks and sex appeal but as far as I'm concerned it's actually like a weight has been lifted and I just can live my life and be myself...that may sound weird but it's the way I feel!!

Old 05-05-2012, 05:22 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I am way past my prime in terms of looks and sex appeal but as far as I'm concerned it's actually like a weight has been lifted and I just can live my life and be myself...that may sound weird but it's the way I feel!!
I feel the same way about myself, I was a pretty handsome guy in my 20's, I now notice that I'm becoming invisible to women.

It's all good, allows my wittiness to take center stage.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:24 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,960,724 times
Quote:
With the poor diets and racial make up being so mixed ,it certainly adds far more variables to the mix. I have also noticed the age where I think women still look good has moved up. I think when one ages everyone else looks younger. I have heard this from others as well. Probably built in.

I used to be able to do 50 one arm push ups on a side at 18 without breaking a sweat. If I dropped, I bounced. My recovery is not the same. Even chess players are over the hill at 40. 20 to 30 somethings tend to dominate. I even notice this with authors when they age. Their writing matures with wisdom and perspective , but I also notice the driving force of a 20 something.

It has been said youth is wasted on the young, but it seems more true today. Its easy to compete with 20 somethings who squander it with fat and sloth.

With the boomers I anticipated this. I knew when they aged they would try to change the culture they created, again to placate their every whim.
I disagree actually. Even though I am in shape and a size 00 a fatter 20 something year old will still probably be "hotter" and still appeal to more men than me.

Simply out, being in EXCELLENT shape and a hard body still does NOT make you in your prime. A 20 year old will always "win" over me in terms of sex appeal. That's just how it is.

Those who disagree only do so because they want to retain confidence and feel that they still "got it"... They might have "some" of it but they don't have ALL of "it". That time has passed.

I accept that every year I am getting less attractive and that it's just downhill from here.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:26 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I feel the same way about myself, I was a pretty handsome guy in my 20's, I now notice that I'm becoming invisible to women.
I think I "peaked" at around 35, actually, but I'm not too bothered by it. Even in the mid-30s, attractive women the same age were either already married....OR divorced with kids, so the shopping wasn't easy.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:28 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,657,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

It's all good, allows my wittiness to take center stage.
That's how I feel I had my day that phase is done and now it's fine by me!!It's people that only see their own self worth through the eyes of others that hate aging!!

Old 05-05-2012, 05:29 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I think I "peaked" at around 35, actually, but I'm not too bothered by it. Even in the mid-30s, attractive women the same age were either already married....OR divorced with kids, so the shopping wasn't easy.
Yeah, I told Mrs. Chow that she's stuck with me.

I don't want to be that 40 somthing yr old dude trying to scam on chicks......

Old 05-05-2012, 05:45 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,274,548 times
My SO is a handsome and fit 55 yo. He showed me a photo of himself 25 years ago...he was a state champion runner. He was absolutely gorgeous, the photo was from the newspaper and he was in full flight in a race, and he was the most beautiful physical specimen I have ever seen (he's still not too shabby). I would've had the biggest crush and he probably wouldn't have noticed me at all.

These days, things are COMPLETELY reversed. Because I have done the Benjamin Button thing (actually improving and looking far better with age!) I am now the "prize". Because he is wrinkly and greying (ie aged normally) to him, I seem incredibly youthful as I have aged at a different rate to him. I also have more confidence, I'm way less needy, and no longer see the point of a full on relationship as I did when I was young. I'm just a better, more developed person now. Having kids changed me for the better, physically and mentally. I won't bore you with detail but my body is in better shape now than I can ever remember. I have no scars, bumps, dents or injuries. My skin is softer than ever. I have grown out of a skin problem that used to cause me no end of grief as a younger woman. I used to have a problem with regularity as a young person, but apparently the weight of the pregnancies straightened a kink in my bowel. I am literally physically improved by pregnancy.

I AM AT MY PRIME. HE IS PAST HIS.

Everyone peaks at different times. You cannot draw a line in the sand and say, ALL WOMEN are past their prime at this age. It's just not true. I even fell pregnant easier when I was older! There are no absolutes!

Old 05-05-2012, 05:47 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,960,724 times
You may FEEL at your prime and feel confident (which is good) but even an IN SHAPE ATHLETE at 40 is still out of his or her prime compared with a more out of shape 20'something.... and that is the truth. Youth by itself is powerful enough to be more attractive than someone who is in top shape but older...

Old 05-05-2012, 05:55 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Well, there is some truth to this adage. I knew quite a few women who were stir crazy to marry by 30. As 30 was drawing near and there were no prospects they desired, they settled a bit. Usually, they got the "provider," but not the looks they wanted. These were women who wanted to be moms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships