Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 09:30 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernaut112 View Post

Does anyone need me to pass them the empathy?
No thanks, I'm good.

The OP asked for help and advice. Specifically, he wrote, Should I break up?

The answer is yes because this girl is obviously immature and insecure. The OP probably is as well, but he has to get on the road to recovery from this inevitable heartache.

I feel for him, but in the end it's his pain to bear.

My parents warned me about a lot of things and empathized with me through many situations, but some of them I could only experience to understand.

The road the OP takes and how far he has to travel to get there only he can decide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 09:55 PM

773 posts, read 1,259,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
My parents warned me about a lot of things and empathized with me through many situations, but some of them I could only experience to understand.

The road the OP takes and how far he has to travel to get there only he can decide.
What I was sort of trying to say in my previous post, too.

The OP may need this learning experience at this stage of his life so he'll know what types of women and relationship dynamics to avoid in the future. The only way to really learn these kinds of things is in the School of Hard Knocks.

That said. Obviously, the only sane answer to his question is "Yes, break up with her."

Old 03-06-2012, 10:38 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,854 times
Both of you are jealous of other people, and for no reason, you don't own each other. Your post shouts of your immaturity. I have a feeling it is going to be hard for anyone to really help you because you won't listen. She isn't the person for you, nor are you the person for her. You are both too young to be in a serious relationship. This is what causes marriages that don't last. Do you really think the things about her that you hate will go away? They won't, they'll just eat on you worse When you eventually do find the right person, you will know it. Find someone that cares for you, and doesn't try to hurt you or make you jealous. Don't continue to waste your time.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:53 PM

688 posts, read 897,166 times
The way I see it, either this is something you can deal with and maintain the relationship or it's something you're going to come online and rant about because you won't communicate the problems with her.

Yeah. Emotional/mind games, jealousy and the crazy infatuation you have of her, even though you described yourself as "hating" so many aspects of her personality.

This isn't "love", my friend. She must either be the hottest (or only) girlfriend you've had yet or the best sex you've ever had. Lust is in the air.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:00 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KendrickL View Post
First i wanna say i love her to the bottom of my heart but sometimes i hate her so much it's unbelievable.

Well the thing is, me and my girlfriend are together for about 2 months now, and well yeah she is kinda my first TRUE love (I've had lots of girlfriends before but i never felt like this). I love her and i don't wanna lose her, but her actions make me crazy and make me wanna break up.. She always tries to make me jealous (She always tells me how guy are hitting on her and s*** and i know she likes it cause i think she needs all of the attention), i don't know why since i give enough compliments but sometimes i think my attention isn't enough for her. Everyday she tells me she loves me and never wanna lose me but i can't live with nor without her. I HATE how she always looks for attention, I HATE how she talks about other guys, I HATE how she's pissed when other girls talk to me, I HATE how manipulative she is, I HATE the fact she is a shopping maniac who always asks me for money (I don't have much but she get's everything she wants since i'm crazy about her). Yet, I LOVE HER!

I don't know what i should do since i really don't wanna lose her but staying with her might affect my personality. The thought of her going to another guy makes me crazy, i know she wouldn't go to another guy immediatly but in time she will. (I hate the thought of her having sex with someone else)

I'm asking you for help because i'm not the type of guy who would talk with other people about this, I don't show it neither i'm just dying inside. Help would be appreciated! Thanks
Reading this makes me glad that I am no longer in that game. Married nearly 23 years now and I don't miss this drama and emotional turmoil one bit.

Well, this is what I think will happen. Assuming that you are not going to marry this girl, either you are going to break up with her, or she is going to break up with you. I think you will break up with her ONLY if she breaks up with you after meeting another guy that she likes. Meeting someone else that she likes is exactly what she is in the process of doing at this very moment. She's looking. So you have to make a decision.

I don't think any woman who is interested in a man, should make that man feel like he is nothing other than her ideal to the exclusion of any other man who could possibly come along or who currently exists. Same goes for men with the woman they're with. Since you feel that she's doing otherwise, then it is time for you to make a move. This woman is not for you, so have the courage to recognize that and move on.

You won't be able to do this because doing without is harder than keeping her and suffering, so you will just have to continue to suffer with her until SHE calls it quits. The pain that you will go through at that time will be BRUTAL, but such is life. Nothing harder on the emotion of a man than imagining his former girlfriend trembling from pleasure because of another guy. It's brutal, yes, but in time, you will get over it. So many women out there to choose from.

Enjoy her while you can.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:56 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,908,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post

I don't think any woman who is interested in a man, should make that man feel like he is nothing other than her ideal to the exclusion of any other man who could possibly come along or who currently exists. Same goes for men with the woman they're with.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:27 AM

135 posts, read 176,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Read all the posts above. Read again. Rinse, repeat. She's playing games, you'll think you're gonna die when she flies the coop. You won't. You'll also learn some lessons along the way and won't be quite as eager to be a doormat and a checkbook in the future.

Yes, life is good! Get out there and find someone who appreciates you and who doesn't do.......well, whatever all those things were that you listed as hates in your note. You're not in love, just in heat.
He's right.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:19 AM

11,363 posts, read 9,275,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
Get out while you can. Two months is nothing. Once you've invested years in this relationship (if you can call it out), you'll find it much more difficult to get out of it, but you'll have given her all your money. This is just the tip of the iceberg with this girl, my friend, and it's only going to get worse. Love yourself more than you love her and get the heck out!
I hope the OP takes this advice.

Well done.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:29 AM

11,363 posts, read 9,275,640 times
Quote:
First i wanna say i love her to the bottom of my heart but sometimes i hate her so much it's unbelievable.

Well the thing is, me and my girlfriend are together for about 2 months now, and well yeah she is kinda my first TRUE love (I've had lots of girlfriends before but i never felt like this). I love her and i don't wanna lose her, but her actions make me crazy and make me wanna break up.. She always tries to make me jealous (She always tells me how guy are hitting on her and s*** and i know she likes it cause i think she needs all of the attention), i don't know why since i give enough compliments but sometimes i think my attention isn't enough for her. Everyday she tells me she loves me and never wanna lose me but i can't live with nor without her. I HATE how she always looks for attention, I HATE how she talks about other guys, I HATE how she's pissed when other girls talk to me, I HATE how manipulative she is, I HATE the fact she is a shopping maniac who always asks me for money (I don't have much but she get's everything she wants since i'm crazy about her). Yet, I LOVE HER!

I don't know what i should do since i really don't wanna lose her but staying with her might affect my personality. The thought of her going to another guy makes me crazy, i know she wouldn't go to another guy immediatly but in time she will. (I hate the thought of her having sex with someone else)

I'm asking you for help because i'm not the type of guy who would talk with other people about this, I don't show it neither i'm just dying inside. Help would be appreciated! Thanks
You used the word "hate" 6 times.

Others have given you great advice and the only thing I want to add is you have to work on loving yourself. Read over what I bolded and think about what I just mentioned.

If you had self respect you wouldn't be putting up with this because her behavior is not normal. And you putting up with it is not normal either.
Work on yourself before dating anyone else. You deserve better and you know it.

Quote:
No, not at all.. I'm just scared of losing her, i don't know why because i know i should leave her.

You posted it so I'm going to ask ---

Why are you scared?

When reading: "I know I should leave her" it's obvious you know what to do. Do it! Leave now. She is bad news that will be more trouble and spend more of your money down the road.

Good luck to you.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:33 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,324,790 times
get out, every day you're getting deeper into her crap...and you need to work on the trust issues and the jealousy stuff...just don't waste your young life like so many do and have done...if you're not happy for whatever reason, there's nothing saying you don't deserve better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships