Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 05:19 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,445,455 times

Advertisements

Young one-this will pass soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 05:44 AM

7 posts, read 6,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Why are you scared?
I don't want her to be with someone else.. And i'm scared i won't find another (I'm not bad looking but not good looking either) and since i don't go out so much i'm maybe a bit scared of not finding other people.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:59 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KendrickL View Post
I don't want her to be with someone else.. And i'm scared i won't find another (I'm not bad looking but not good looking either) and since i don't go out so much i'm maybe a bit scared of not finding other people.
What, NEVER?

Trust me, you will find someone else, but what you should really be holding out for is someone who is worthy.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:08 AM

11,374 posts, read 9,288,232 times
Quote:
It's obvious you are not going to take a lot of good advice that has been posted. I have no idea why you started this topic in the first place.

I'm going to have to be blunt - Do yourself a favor and let her go.

Stop dating for now until you work on your self-esteem. You sound like a good guy that deserves better. Just do it.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:20 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,214,288 times
Holy crap.... two months?!?!?!? True Love?

Old 03-07-2012, 06:25 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Why is it everytime someone who hasn't had much time dating or someone younger comes on here, they get pounced on by everyone? Come on people give the kid a break he's young & in love for the first time. We've all been in his shoes he's wanting some advice. Lighten up!

Old 03-07-2012, 06:41 AM

117 posts, read 242,053 times
Quote:
i'm scared of not finding someone else and not wanting to be alone? I'm not really confident neither?
Word of advise: being with someone just because you think you'll end up alone and you will die alone and misserable is not a good enough reason to be with someone who doesn't treat you right.

As you can see, the general concensus on this issue from every single person in your thread is to break up; not a single person agrees that you need to stay with her. I think you know what you need to do, and I know you already know what you are going to do (You are going to stay with her).

When people go out looking for advise, they just want to validate their reasons; they already know what they are going to do and they are going to do it anyway, but they just want validation from others so they feel better about the choices they are making.

The world is so big and there are so many special people out there that you haven't met yet. You will meet the right person eventually, but from the sounds of this, the one you are with now is not the right person. Think about it before you commit into a really serious relationship with this girl. It is better to be true to yourself and be alone than having someone who you hate just because you are afraid of being alone. Good luck with whatever you decide to do... just remember that you are wasting a lot of time for something that is going to only take you one place: your own self destruction

Good luck bud! Trust me, I know where you are coming from because I did it myself; it only took me 10 years to realize I was making the wrong choice; the best 10 years of my life that I will never get back.

RedJohn

Old 03-07-2012, 06:47 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,921,465 times
Hate to say it, but I'd dump her. She's possessive, manipulative, an flirt and attention *****, a PITA. She will not change. Dated a girl like this off and on for 2 1/2 years. Never wanted to be exclusive. She wanted to be free to date others, but would get angry if I dated someone else. Finally gave her up, and felt so free when I finally dumped her. She went on to marry a real wimp, dumped him, dated her married high school boyfriend, broke up that marriage, dumped him.

My advice is "Run Forest Run"

Old 03-07-2012, 07:24 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,721 times
Lightbulb Young Kendrick...The Captain Says This

Do yourself a favor...stop what you're doing right now...get up and walk to the nearest window, look outside, and process what you see...

Yep---that's right, the sun is still shining, the earth is still turning, people are going on about their business...in short, all the same things that would occur in YOUR life should you decide to act like the Parking Authority and give Manipulative Molly the boot...

What you are going through right now, I'm afraid, isn't true love...sounds more like runaway infatuation. And I'd give this same advice if you were a young lady in the same situation...you have an infinite amount of time ahead of you to find the one who's truly right for you---and even if you DON'T, enjoy your life, and your youth, while it's still in front of you

The one who may eventually be for you, may pop up while you're not looking...don't settle and be unhappy with someone who's an obvious drama magnet---be objective, and enjoy the world while you're still young

Old 03-07-2012, 07:28 AM

733 posts, read 1,664,181 times
One thing I would admit though: You have a great attitude. I haven't seen many cases where the OP actually LISTENS to the advice and admits that he's wrong and his willingness to change. I think you will be okay in the long run. But yeah, this girlfriend is no good for you. She is seeking fun, affection, and thrills (and DRAMA!). You are seeking love. See the problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships