Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 06:25 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,196,333 times

Advertisements

I think my personality would be more or less the same, just a female version of my current self, basically. A few things might be different about my actual life, though. I don't know what they would be, and I don't care to make a guess. Of course, my body would be different. Boobs, hips, and no facial hair, which would be nice, if there weren't other areas that required more maintenance.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:32 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Never. I'm proud of my native gender.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:36 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,016,005 times
I wonder if this is more common than people realized. I remember I had a discussion with a friend of mine about a year ago or something while sitting on the train and she was talking about how people judge you on the way you dress/present yourself -- my friend mentioned how it was much easier "for guys" to not worry about what to wear or to stick to a few types of clothing, like suits, ties, black shoes etc. I make a remark that few people stop to think about what it's like to be the opposite sex or opposite gender but then she interjected "no, I think/wonder about it all the time".

I do also wonder if men and women think about it equally. I've heard somewhere the idea that women are more likely to think about it, in part because pop culture/society often depicts men as the "default". An example is the common thing I've heard about why for most movies geared towards the general audience both male and female, the lead character tends to be a male, since it's (at least the way I heard it said) easier for a woman to relate to the male character than for a man to relate to the female character.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:38 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,159,635 times
Sometimes when I'm laying in my bed at night, all alone and the lights are off, I imagine what it would be like to be with another woman ....

<--- Evil laugh ...

Old 03-27-2012, 06:53 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
I think about what it would be like to be a man.

I'd LOVE to be able to pee standing up...that would save me a lot of aggrivation, especially when traveling. I always seem to have to pee when there is no rest stop to be found!

Hmmm, I'd DEFINITELY wash really fast in the shower too...and out of the shower as well. Of course I'd also have to find a woman to have sex with so I could experience a male orgasm, though I think women may have the edge there.

I am not so sure I'd want to have to worry about pitching a tent and then not being able to get up for a bit, waiting for it to behave...that would be a nuisance. It's easy to hide arousal when you are a woman.

As for shaving my face...I'd MUCH rather shave my legs and I think I'm even partial to getting waxed than having to deal with man bits and shaving and/or waxing that area.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
Too funny. I tell my friends in my next life I'm coming back as a man. I think you guys have it much easier and I envy you that.
I don't imagine it 'cause I've made up my mind loooong time ago. Being a man is my 2nd choice, right after an American pet (preferably a cat!)

Old 03-27-2012, 07:28 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I think about what it would be like to be a man.

I'd LOVE to be able to pee standing up...that would save me a lot of aggrivation, especially when traveling. I always seem to have to pee when there is no rest stop to be found!

Hmmm, I'd DEFINITELY wash really fast in the shower too...and out of the shower as well. Of course I'd also have to find a woman to have sex with so I could experience a male orgasm, though I think women may have the edge there.

I am not so sure I'd want to have to worry about pitching a tent and then not being able to get up for a bit, waiting for it to behave...that would be a nuisance. It's easy to hide arousal when you are a woman.

As for shaving my face...I'd MUCH rather shave my legs and I think I'm even partial to getting waxed than having to deal with man bits and shaving and/or waxing that area.
I often wonder what sex as a woman would be like too. Overall, though, all the other aspects of being a woman in this society do not appeal to me. If I were a woman I don't think I could be bothered doing half the stuff that is 'expected' of me.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:28 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,006,998 times
Once on a really hot, humid and muggy day - and thought to myself, wow, thank god I don't have to wear pantee - hose!

Old 03-27-2012, 07:30 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbler. View Post
I wonder if this is more common than people realized. I remember I had a discussion with a friend of mine about a year ago or something while sitting on the train and she was talking about how people judge you on the way you dress/present yourself -- my friend mentioned how it was much easier "for guys" to not worry about what to wear or to stick to a few types of clothing, like suits, ties, black shoes etc. I make a remark that few people stop to think about what it's like to be the opposite sex or opposite gender but then she interjected "no, I think/wonder about it all the time".

I do also wonder if men and women think about it equally. I've heard somewhere the idea that women are more likely to think about it, in part because pop culture/society often depicts men as the "default". An example is the common thing I've heard about why for most movies geared towards the general audience both male and female, the lead character tends to be a male, since it's (at least the way I heard it said) easier for a woman to relate to the male character than for a man to relate to the female character.
I don't know if she represents 'most people' however.

I think as there are more female characters men too will also wonder about it. I often wonder what it'd be like to be somebody else, maybe because I'm not always happy in my skin, but I'm also pretty individual so whatever I 'was' I think I'd maintain my distinct personality.

I think it'd be a nice idea if everyone got at least two lives: one as a male and one as a female, so they could understand what life was like on both sides of the fence.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:33 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Shaving your face is annoying...probably not as bad as shaving legs.etc but then again you don't have to do that as frequently. Some call me a slob because I don't shave everyday. I actually partly do it on purpose cos it makes me look a bit older and more 'rugged' lol.

Spending 30 minutes a day applying makeup? I consider washing my face 'getting ready.' I'd make a pretty bad girl, I think, lol.
My morning get ready is faster than my husband's! Not all women wear makeup and stuff. I guess I am lucky I have curly hair. Wash. Go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships