Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 11:26 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Didn't say it was "any better", I just said that their skin color isn't as big as an inhibiter as some of you try to pass off. Whenever some of you can't get dates, get laid or get married you always loop around on this concept of black men having alleged carved in stone color and hair preferneces. It's nonsense if we're all being totally honest about it.
For some black women it is an inhibitor. And it's not only in terms of dating but socially as well. I've had to put up with hearing insensitive remarks from other people about how undesirable darkskin is.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:32 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,008,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
For some black women it is an inhibitor. And it's not only in terms of dating but socially as well. I've had to put up with hearing insensitive remarks from other people about how undesirable darkskin is.
For some I'm sure it is, but I still think they are in the extreme minority. But I understand that a lot of labor has been poured into these books, talk shows, blogs and movies circulated around to other black women; so stating otherwise would be a bit of a cold shock when they hear different. A lot of conditioning and personal investment has been made by these black women in an effort to make other black women believe that their only reason they aren't gettiing dates or married is because of things that are beyond their control, such as hair types and skin color. As I said before, it's nonsense.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:39 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,671,717 times
Why is anyone bothering to argue with itshim? Last night I agreed with him on several points, yet he ignored my words and instead changed the subject so he can scream at me over something else. Check out my post #195 for an example. Itshim is the stereotypical Angry Black Man who can't even be happy if he is told he is right. Anger is the only feeling he is comfortable with.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:40 AM

^lol and here comes the brigade. Let the wolves attack. Go against the grain and be prepared.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:50 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I've always been curious about this topic. Have you have ever been rejected by women of your own so many times, that you just decided its not worth it anymore. Growing up, I was attracted to black women, but was constantly rejected. Once I got to college, I just decided i'm done. I basically just stuck with white women because they showed me love. I'm married to a white woman, so I can say my decision paid off. Have you ever been in that situation?
I don't think I believe your story. A good black man is a prime catch to black women, who are most reluctant to date outside their race. Why would they reject you if you're such a catch?

You say you're "stuck" with white women, Lol. she must weigh 400 pounds.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
^lol and here comes the brigade. Let the wolves attack. Go against the grain and be prepared.
Did I or did I not agree with you last night? Take post #195 for an example. Anyone can look, and people will now that I have pointed it out. Why should anyone take what you have to say seriously if you even respond to those who agree with you in anger? So again, it is a simple yes or no answer: did I or did I not agree with you in my post #195? And how did you respond?

Old 04-29-2012, 11:53 AM

399 posts, read 581,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
*hugs* Nyanna, yes. Some of us have heard numerous times in numerous different ways how undesirable dark skin is. But some of us (many of us) have also heard and experienced different. From black men of all colors and men of other races. Have you sought them out in other forums (outside of C-D) and in person?

I've found that all complexions and races are lovely. Ours and the others but some people have a narrow perception of life and beauty. I've met people with very pale yellowish skin (one of my exes was Asian) who always wanted to be darker and have big eyes. But he was equally physically lovely as the men who were as dark as Tyrese. I've met white females who wanted to have hair that could spike and go afro-like mine could so easily and asian women who desired to have my legs, frame, eyebrows and butt. I've met asian men and white men who've randomly added me to their facebook page because they thought I was attractive, I've been hit on my men of all complexions and races at school, at the theaters and like-wise black men of all complexions and many countries.

Curlynikki is a beautiful dark skinned woman and I gave you her site to check out as she has sooo many beautiful women of color on her site, so is Gabriel Union, so is Jennifer Hudson, so is the woman who played the voice of Princess Tiana, Anika Noni. They're SO beautiful!!! There are so many sites dedicated to loving the skin you're in. But the only posts you ever respond to and the ones that easily bring you down. There's is a small-minded place. Yes, a small-minded perception and why would you even want the attention of small-minded men who only wanted to talk to you because of the skin you're in? Not worth it.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:55 AM

45 posts, read 74,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Why is anyone bothering to argue with itshim? Last night I agreed with him on several points, yet he ignored my words and instead changed the subject so he can scream at me over something else. Check out my post #195 for an example. Itshim is the stereotypical Angry Black Man who can't even be happy if he is told he is right. Anger is the only feeling he is comfortable with.
let me rephrase what you said. He is a black man who is angry at black women.

[quote=itshim;24080175]^lol and here comes the brigade. Let the wolves attack. Go against the grain and be prepared.

You appear to have an ax to grind against black women. Why else you you post this on another forum :

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim Well in the black community, it is commonly understood that black women prefer to sleep with the lowest common denominator. If you're having random sex with men who prefer and act like thugs, statistics such as this were bound to happen since the left wing has been victimizing them instead of checking them on this type of behavior.
You just posted this crap, this morning on the Politics forum. Why are you willing to post so many lies and make so many negative remarks about black women???? Explain that.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Did I or did I not agree with you last night? Take post #195 for an example. Anyone can look, and people will now that I have pointed it out. Why should anyone take what you have to say seriously if you even respond to those who agree with you in anger? So again, it is a simple yes or no answer: did I or did I not agree with you in my post #195? And how did you respond?
This may astonish you but you are not Chaka Khan so you aren't "every woman" therefore I have not read everyone of your posts, nor am I going to sift through pages to go back and fourth about it. I know that my repsonse, (from what I can recall) was warranted. Also I'm not really interested in what you do or don't take "seriously", I'm already convinced that some of you have a set agenda on these issues. I'm just stating my opinion on the matter for other board members, rather then allow some of these comments to ferment freely unchallegened. And yes, I know it ain't that serious, but this is a discussion board, so I have decided to engage in the dicussion.The choice to read and respond are entirely up to you.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
This may astonish you but you are not Chaka Khan so you aren't "every woman" therefore I have not read everyone of your posts, nor am I going to sift through pages to go back and fourth about it. I know that my repsonse, (from what I can recall) was warranted. Also I'm not really interested in what you do or don't take "seriously", I'm already convinced that some of you have a set agenda on these issues. I'm just stating my opinion on the matter for other board members, rather then allow some of these comments to ferment freely unchallegened. And yes, I know it ain't that serious, but this is a discussion board, so I have decided to engage in the dicussion.The choice to read and respond are entirely up to you.
Signed,

Angry Black Man, only here to rant and rave, and admittedly does not want to have an actual discussion with a black woman who read his posts and responded in a thoughtful, respectful manner.

(PS - you need to get your anger under control, lest you become another black male statistic who dies in his early 60s thanks to high blood pressure and the like.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships