Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 01:39 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,961,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well, it's not great, but not necessarily a disaster.

While the knee-jerk reaction is to think of her as fickle, I'd give it enough time to see what happens.

See, if she were 100% sure about you, she'd be turning any and all other offers down.

So the bad news is, she's not 100% sure.

But the good news is, she could be at least 75% sure and is just wanting to take steps to be 100% convinced that getting back together with you is the right choice.

And really honey, you do want her to be sure before you risk your heart again, okay?
I told her "I'm not going to tell you what to do. If you need to see this guy, then do it." I tried really hard to not panic, but she could tell that I didnt like the idea. I didn't get mad, but she could tell I didnt like the idea based off of my changed tone. I couldnt hide the fact that this bothered me, probly hurt me. But, she asked me if this made me mad, sad, hurt, etc. i said no, cus I want her to make the decision based on what she wants, not what I want.
If she IS honest, and comes clean and says she will have dinner with this guy, I honestly don't think I could handle that. I don't know, but at this point, I feel like I am being taken for granted/advantage of.
She said she needed some time to think about this.
What is there to think about? It is obvious you are correct, even though we had a great weekend, she is not 100% about me. I guess I will have my answer about this soon.... if she is honest....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 01:41 PM

145 posts, read 325,988 times
Why dont you find someone who respects your feelings and ideals in a relationship? You two are obviously not on the same page. She should be dating someone who hangs out with their ex's, friends that are girls etc too. I'm wondering how she would feel if the tables were turned and you were going to dinner with a girl you hooked up with.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I told her "I'm not going to tell you what to do. If you need to see this guy, then do it." I tried really hard to not panic, but she could tell that I didnt like the idea. I didn't get mad, but she could tell I didnt like the idea based off of my changed tone. I couldnt hide the fact that this bothered me, probly hurt me. But, she asked me if this made me mad, sad, hurt, etc. i said no, cus I want her to make the decision based on what she wants, not what I want.
If she IS honest, and comes clean and says she will have dinner with this guy, I honestly don't think I could handle that. I don't know, but at this point, I feel like I am being taken for granted/advantage of.
What is there to think about? It is obvious you are correct, even though we had a great weekend, she is not 100% about me. I guess I will have my answer about this soon.... if she is honest....
oh, and if this situation didn't involve an ex "dating situation with an intimate but open relationship", I wouldnt mind nearly 10%.
This is almost worse then the original problem from the OP. I was nervous about a "friend", now it has turned into a "ex-dating mess".

Old 06-06-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunters4life View Post
Why dont you find someone who respects your feelings and ideals in a relationship? You two are obviously not on the same page. She should be dating someone who hangs out with their ex's, friends that are girls etc too. I'm wondering how she would feel if the tables were turned and you were going to dinner with a girl you hooked up with.
If it was that easy, I would. I think every relationship has challenges, and making a wishlist out of a person in not realistic. I am trying to deal with and compremise on this relationship. This whole thread is based on trust, and accepting of the s/o having opposite sex friends. But how far does someone push the envelope? geez....
Oh, and I very nicely did ask her how she would feel if an ex of mine contacted me for dinner plans. She didnt really seem to enjoy the idea, but it didnt change her thought process on meeting up with her "ex soandso".

Last edited by AverageGuy2006; 06-06-2012 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 06-06-2012, 01:52 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Seriously, what I would do is stay cool - don't panic - women can smell fear in a man and it automatically turns us off (sorry, it's just biology).

Women generally respect a man more when he knows how to state his boundaries without any attempt to manipulate or control.

You simply say, "I've thought about it and I'm not okay with you going to meet this guy right after we have pretty much decided to reconcile. You do what you have to do, and maybe later down the line you'll be more ready for a relationship. Right now, I'm not interested in watching you figure out your feelings. See you later."

Then you walk away with you head held high.

Don't be the guy who is so clingy and needy that you let her see you hanging around waiting for her to choose you.

Choose HER, after she proves herself worthy of being chosen.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:54 PM

145 posts, read 325,988 times
Quote:
If it was that easy, I would. I think every relationship has challenges, and making a wishlist out of a person in not realistic. I am trying to deal with and compremise on this relationship. This whole thread is based on trust, and accepting of the s/o having opposite sex friends. But how far does someone push the envelope? geez....
Exactly, if she's pushing your buttons, knows its bothering you, and still doesn't care...shes inconsiderate and probably selfish (wants to have it all) and I doubt you want to be with someone like that.

Again, I have to wonder how she would feel if you were having dinner with an ex/hookup whatever?

Old 06-06-2012, 02:03 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,154,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunters4life View Post
Exactly, if she's pushing your buttons, knows its bothering you, and still doesn't care...shes inconsiderate and probably selfish (wants to have it all) and I doubt you want to be with someone like that.

Again, I have to wonder how she would feel if you were having dinner with an ex/hookup whatever?

I respect that opinion and there is some truth to that. See, I don't tell my girl who she can and can't hang out with. I'm not her boss. However, if every friend was a guy and, if that was the case, she would obviously have to know that "any" guy wouldn't like that.

See, I give my girl the option and she doesn't abuse my trust. That's how I know it works. If on the other hand, she had all guy friends and would be with them more than me, then yes, I would consider her pretty selfish and not too in tact with how I would feel. Then I would probably leave her. Just some food for thought. It's not games, but you give someone a little rope to see if they are going to hang you with it (abuse that option), or pull you up with it. I hope that makes sense.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:09 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,717,169 times
Quote:
Oh, and I very nicely did ask her how she would feel if an ex of mine contacted me for dinner plans. She didnt really seem to enjoy the idea, but it didnt change her thought process on meeting up with her "ex soandso".

Proof of double standards and probably not so kosher talk/plans with her ex.

Wise up and drop that mess.

I definitely would not commit to an exclusive relationship with that kind of person. Hanging out with ex's and laughing in your face when you ask to come along and telling you that he "has something to tell her"...

Actions speak louder than words. She is carrying on in conversations with the ex to stimulate a dinner date and having a "serious conversation alone"

Really...open your eyes dude.

There are tons of girls out there that don't act like this even if they do hang out with opposite sex friends. Find that chick and stop wasting your time with this trash.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Seriously, what I would do is stay cool - don't panic - women can smell fear in a man and it automatically turns us off (sorry, it's just biology).

Women generally respect a man more when he knows how to state his boundaries without any attempt to manipulate or control.

You simply say, "I've thought about it and I'm not okay with you going to meet this guy right after we have pretty much decided to reconcile. You do what you have to do, and maybe later down the line you'll be more ready for a relationship. Right now, I'm not interested in watching you figure out your feelings. See you later."

Then you walk away with you head held high.

Don't be the guy who is so clingy and needy that you let her see you hanging around waiting for her to choose you.

Choose HER, after she proves herself worthy of being chosen.
so the gf decided not to meet up with the ex-fling.
good decision, I didnt even have to tell her I would walk if she "had dinner with ex fling".

Last edited by AverageGuy2006; 06-08-2012 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: update

Old 06-08-2012, 03:08 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,553,005 times
I think there are considerations when you are in an exclusive relationship. But I see nothing wrong with spending time with friends of the opposite sex, generally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships