Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 06:09 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,837 times

Advertisements

I hate to differ with my fellow CD ladies, but, seems I do. She spoke up and so did he. They were both honest. She had "needs" and he didn't want to meet those, so it was obvioulsy the end of the road, now they are free to move on, her to find some one that she wants and him to find someone not so needy, right, Doc? LOL happens everyday, it's called communication. Just because someone tells you they need something from you doesn't mean you have to give it or even that you will want too...

Old 06-06-2012, 06:52 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
And who are you?

Because so far you sound like a selfish man who thinks too highly of himself.

But please, feel free to correct the impression you'd made on all the women here.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Yeesh.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:17 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,432,497 times
I'm confused

Old 06-06-2012, 08:50 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I'm confused
Im confused as to if she dumped him or he dumped her. The first post sounded as though she was trying to communicate a sexual concern and he walked out. Then he said she dumped him because she was bored with him sexually. Someone is confused. What we have here is failure to communicate.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:22 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Or bother to follow up....exit...stage right. Woman dares to state man is not "meeting needs"...of course...a mature male will just blame her and leave. Right.

What happened to asking what she means by that? A bit too threatening.....okay. back to sleeping with bimbos.....their "needs" are met by an expensive dinner and ride in a Mercedes.....they have illusions of being a doctor's wife.

LOL!!!! This is hilarious, and could easily be it in a nut shell!!!!

Me thinks Danny's lady friend is much better "off" on her own.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:26 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Im confused as to if she dumped him or he dumped her. The first post sounded as though she was trying to communicate a sexual concern and he walked out. Then he said she dumped him because she was bored with him sexually. Someone is confused. What we have here is failure to communicate.
Nothing to be confused about - here's what we know...

First of all, she's wealthy - so posters like Huck who are convinced she only wanted him for his money (since he's a doctor) are off base.

Secondly, nine months is not the same as nine years.

It is long enough to get to know someone pretty well, but not so long that waiting to see if things would get better with him before she had to speak up, is is inexcusable.

The "needs" this woman was referring to were likely emotional, not just sexual.

At their age, she is not likely to be so hormonally charged as to just be referring to sex.

I believe she was telling him he was too much of a cold fish in general, and she "needed" more from him, some emotion mixed in with the sex, which for women can make the sex great, or a great disappointment.

Given that his ego is the size of a small country, he didn't get what she was talking about (because it's all about him don't you know!), and rather than be a considerate, concerned lover and ask her a few questions, he insults her, tells her he has no time or desire to fulfill her needs, and walks.

The fact that all she could say to him was "okay" says to me she was probably a bit stunned by his selfish response while hopefully realizing at the same moment she's better off without him.

The pathetic thing about this man is that his attitude and ego are why he's going into his senior years without a companion in the first place, (don't think for a second this is the first woman who's needs he hasn't met), and he just doesn't get that.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:44 AM

2,632 posts, read 4,050,947 times
I'm going to be in the minority, but I don't feel sorry for this woman. It seemed as if she was headed toward dumping him, anyway.

Maybe it's just me, but when someone complains their partner isn't meeting their needs, they've already decided this person isn't doing it (and won't do it) for them; and it's likely they're already looking elsewhere.

I don't necessarily agree with much of the emphasis on someone else having to meet your needs, because it usually implies someone else is responsible for your happiness. They should be a compliment to you and vice versa; and if you're compatible, you'll already be meeting each others' "needs".

I know people are giving the OP a lot of flak, but frankly, he doesn't seem to care, and I don't expect him to. Regardless of what we think, they'll manage.

For what it's worth "Dr." Danbo, thanks for sharing.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:47 AM

884 posts, read 1,405,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
I hate to differ with my fellow CD ladies, but, seems I do. She spoke up and so did he. They were both honest. She had "needs" and he didn't want to meet those, so it was obvioulsy the end of the road, now they are free to move on, her to find some one that she wants and him to find someone not so needy, right, Doc? LOL happens everyday, it's called communication. Just because someone tells you they need something from you doesn't mean you have to give it or even that you will want too...
It does not have to be the end of the road. They should have discussed what the needs were and how they were not being met.

By getting up and walking out, he pretty much told her forget it.

If he wanted to work it out, then he should have stayed and worked it out right there.

Sometimes one partner will think they're giving hints or signals but the other partner may not pick up on them or may miss them entirely. This is very dangerous. Both need to communicate with words, not with "well you should have known" or "didn't you see me turn my back to you" or something like that.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:54 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
I'm going to be in the minority, but I don't feel sorry for this woman. It seemed as if she was headed toward dumping him, anyway.

Maybe it's just me, but when someone complains their partner isn't meeting their needs, they've already decided this person isn't doing it (and won't do it) for them; and it's likely they're already looking elsewhere.
hmmmm....if you are in a relationship, and your needs (whatever they are) are not being met, and you don't speak up (like this woman did), HOW IS YOUR PARTNER SUPPOSED TO KNOW???

People have got to be able to talk about this kind of stuff - to COMMUNICATE.

When you can't talk about your feelings without your partner getting up and walking away, you are with a sucky, lazy, selfish partner.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:59 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,837 times
[quote=useasdirected;24624750]It does not have to be the end of the road. They should have discussed what the needs were and how they were not being met.

By getting up and walking out, he pretty much told her forget it.

If he wanted to work it out, then he should have stayed and worked it out right there.

Sometimes one partner will think they're giving hints or signals but the other partner may not pick up on them or may miss them entirely. This is very dangerous. Both need to communicate with words, not with "well you should have known" or "didn't you see me turn my back to you" or something like that.[/

He told her he had no desire to meet her needs. He left. she said ok. end of road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships