Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 11:08 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I invited him to tell us more - he didn't.

If posters want an "accurate gauge" of their situations they need to give all the facts upfront in their first post.

Too many of them backpeddle in subsequent posts, so I tend to believe that what they say first is actually pretty accurate.
Or maybe she drove over to his place since his most recent post, knocked on his door, and gunned him down when he answered. It could happen.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:08 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
No. We'll never know because he didn't bother to tell us. It might not have been just that conversation. Instead, it might have been the last of any number of conversations and he was just tired of it.

I mean, seriously, haven't you ever reached a point with someone where you finally snap and say, "That's it. I'm done"? The offense that triggered it might have been trivial in and of itself, but it could have been the culmination of a lot of things.
Sure - you could be spot on

But we can only go by what he wrote.

And what he wrote does not reflect well on him.

He comes off looking lazy and pathetic.

It just is what it is!

Old 06-06-2012, 11:22 AM

2,089 posts, read 3,908,253 times
The lack of sophistication from some posters concerning mature adult relationships is surprising, especially considering how often those posters come to this forum.

She doesn't have needs, I said that in the opening post. I am a doctor, I deal with people's needs. She's just a rich woman looking for constant excitement. The rich are different, people.

Oh well, back to your daily 22 year-old female: "He done me wrong"...

Old 06-06-2012, 11:25 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,008,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
The lack of sophistication from some posters concerning mature adult relationships is surprising, especially considering how often those posters come to this forum.

She doesn't have needs, I said that in the opening post. I am a doctor, I deal with people's needs. She's just a rich woman looking for constant excitement. The rich are different, people.

The rich are not different, it is your perception that causes you to believe in the 1% vs. 99% crapola.

Last edited by FrmlyBklyn; 06-06-2012 at 11:40 AM..

Old 06-06-2012, 11:27 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
I answered her statement, "You don't have needs, just desires. And if you did have needs, I would'nt have the time nor the desire to fulfill them." Without hesitation she responded flatly, "OK".
Sounds like you thought she'd be okay with being FWB.

She can get a younger man for that if she wanted that.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:28 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,401 times
Quote:
Sure - you could be spot on

But we can only go by what he wrote.

And what he wrote does not reflect well on him.

He comes off looking lazy and pathetic.

It just is what it is!

I don't think him lazy, he could have stayed the night, then left, but he got up, put his clothes on, then left...

Old 06-06-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:

As a physician I am sure you ARE capable of meeting someone's physical needs - anatomy is a subject you should know a lot about.

I said earlier that she likely was referring to her emotional needs, not necessarily just physical ones.

It strikes me as odd, and lazy, that you didn't even bother to ask.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
I don't think him lazy, he could have stayed the night, then left, but he got up, put his clothes on, then left...
Funny

But you know I mean emotionally lazy

Old 06-06-2012, 11:30 AM

400 posts, read 566,622 times
Quote:

mature adult relationships usually involve more communication than you seem willing to give. You are picking at her word "needs" when it's a very common term people use. It's like when my kids say "I'm starving!" and I say "you can't be starving until you go without food for at least 3 days" She may have been confrontational and overdramatic, and she may have had one foot out the door, but she also seemed to be giving you a chance to adjust yourself for the sake of the relationship. You didn't even give it a thought or ask her what that would involve. I wonder if you gave her the answer she was expecting.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:33 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,401 times
Quote:
Funny

But you know I mean emotionally lazy
LOL...fact is they communicated. Maybe not well, but they did...at 50 ish he nor she has time to spare...cut to the chase, she should have been more direct...or siad "don't go, lets' talk... but her flat "ok" seemed pretty "done" to me.

on the other hand, why do I even give a rats butt. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships