Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 08:03 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post

wow..look what this mean lady just wrote...YEESH...man hater for sure.

What are you, 6 years old?

We like our men to be men in Australia...not inconsiderate sooks.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:24 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,910,845 times
Is this what dating is like in once you are in your 50's?

Sounds pretty boring and apathetic

Old 06-06-2012, 08:31 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
until she shows up with her WAH WAH...and it looks like you.
Yea, that's gonna happen at 50-55 years old. lol

Old 06-06-2012, 08:56 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
Relationships end. I just related how this one did, simple and clean; I stated the reason why. Most relationships drag on way past their due, and the final ending leaves each partner drained, angry and hurt. That last night, I left her happy and satisfied; and we both are abled to fondly remember our nine months together...
Ah, no, not from what you said she told you.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:02 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
No. We'll never know because he didn't bother to tell us. It might not have been just that conversation. Instead, it might have been the last of any number of conversations and he was just tired of it.

I mean, seriously, haven't you ever reached a point with someone where you finally snap and say, "That's it. I'm done"? The offense that triggered it might have been trivial in and of itself, but it could have been the culmination of a lot of things.
Yeah, I have. But somehow, his post didn't sound like that to me. It sounded like it was meant to be a "Hey check out how smoothly and calmly I dumped this chick last night - woot!".

I didn't think he sounded sincere or caring or concerned or ANYTHING that I would have empathy for. He just sounded like a sh*t.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:10 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
My BF had a different take on this....the guy was waiting for an excuse to end it anyway...she gave him an opening...he took it.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:59 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,908,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
My BF had a different take on this....the guy was waiting for an excuse to end it anyway...she gave him an opening...he took it.
This is true for the most part; though, it's hard to walk away from a stunning woman.

Again, her true need is constant excitement from her lovers, especially that rush of emotion that teases at her life-long fantasies. I just turned out to be a predictable doctor with a daily practice of treating sick people.

Again, relationships evolve and then end. If you get the chance to end it somewhat respectfully, so much the better for all.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:04 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
This is true for the most part; though, it's hard to walk away from a stunning woman.
If you wanted to end it, then why do you keep blaming her like below?

Quote:
Again, her true need is constant excitement from her lovers, especially that rush of emotion that teases at her life-long fantasies. I just turned out to be a predictable doctor with a daily practice of treating sick people.
You never answered my question of how you know this to be true. Did she say this or are you just guessing this?

Old 06-07-2012, 01:00 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
She's a wealthy fifty-ish, divorced real estate agent with no children whom I've dated over the last nine months; I'm a fifty-five-ish, busy physician.

I answered her statement, "You don't have needs, just desires. And if you did have needs, I would'nt have the time nor the desire to fulfill them." Without hesitation she responded flatly, "OK".

I uncuddled, got up, got dressed, then while turning toward the bedroom doorI said, "Good bye". Driving home, I saw those moments over in my mind as watching a scene in a movie. Politeness goes a long way...

Thought I'd share.
I don't get it.

[]

Old 06-07-2012, 01:29 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,885,184 times
Quote:
She's a wealthy fifty-ish, divorced real estate agent with no children whom I've dated over the last nine months; I'm a fifty-five-ish, busy physician.

I answered her statement, "You don't have needs, just desires. And if you did have needs, I would'nt have the time nor the desire to fulfill them." Without hesitation she responded flatly, "OK".

I uncuddled, got up, got dressed, then while turning toward the bedroom doorI said, "Good bye". Driving home, I saw those moments over in my mind as watching a scene in a movie. Politeness goes a long way...

Thought I'd share.
You think this was polite? How does someone make it to their 50s and still be this clueless? You told her that she was not worth your time or energy and her response of "ok" was her realizing that you don't care for her in the slightest and that means she's better off without you.

Yeah, real polite. Just because there was no drama, no crying, screaming, shouting, etc - doesn't mean it was "polite".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships