Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 09:41 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,857 times

Advertisements

I want to thank all the people who participated on this thread. It was great to see all the different points of view from both genders. I know the debate got a little heated and it was never my intention to upset anyone I was only making an observation and asking for feedback on the subject. Obviously there are quite a few people who feel the same way I do and the ladies provided with some very good points of view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 06:41 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Bleagh. If MrsCPG were hit by a bus, I'm not sure I'd ever go into a place like that. Hey, the friendly neighborhood bar? Sure. But that? No way. I'm too old for that crap.
I agree. I think some of the difference in attitudes is that it is different kinds of bars/clubs we have experience with. The pics shown earlier of the women in a club is nothing like one would see in my neck of the woods. Women may show some clevege, but you wont see anyone dressed like that.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:13 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Financial crisis or not, at least Europeans have a rich culture to draw upon.
Ah yes a rich wonderful culture of near constant war, genocide and plague. A beautiful people they are.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:33 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I agree. I think some of the difference in attitudes is that it is different kinds of bars/clubs we have experience with. The pics shown earlier of the women in a club is nothing like one would see in my neck of the woods. Women may show some clevege, but you wont see anyone dressed like that.
Right, people self-select what sort of place they feel comfortable in. I know there are bars and clubs that attract the oompa-loompa stripper-type women, but they're not where I would go to hang out.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:00 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Right, people self-select what sort of place they feel comfortable in. I know there are bars and clubs that attract the oompa-loompa stripper-type women, but they're not where I would go to hang out.
LOL. oompa-loompa. I'm imaging these type women in some of the red-neck dive bars in the hills of TN that I've frequented.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

Well I have been to clubs/bars where the women look, dress like the ones in those pictures. A few of them were even in 'my' group. Not saying I frequented those places but I went b/c I cared about being part of the scene with my gf's. Now, go into one of those places dressed up a bit but nothing hanging out like those pics and see don't the men mistake you for a coat rack. you will have a tough time getting them to converse with you in a general manner, let anyone anything else. But I love it how they will claim not to go for those types (see: the pure hearted girls thread).

Old 06-07-2012, 08:18 AM

154 posts, read 155,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I have noticed that nightlife is different nowadays. As a more mature man I dont go out to nightclubs as much as younger guys and and don't stay out as late as them either. But I have noticed what I perceive to be a change in the dynamic of the nightlife. Back in the 80's and 90's and even a few years ago bars a nightclubs seemed like a place where people mingled and it was not hard to meet someone of the opposite gender and have a good time with, but nowadays it seems that things have changed. Bars and nightclubs seem to be crowded with mostly men and the women there seemed to be totally un interested in men at all .Perhaps I am wrong in my perception but I was wondering if other people feel the same way as I do..
You are 100% correct, IMHO. People used to go out to party with the intent of meeting new people. I think the culture has shifted substantially. Seems like people go out now just so they can say they have a social life. They may go out with friends. But's it's like they have no real intention of expanding that circle. But it makes them look really cool and popular when they post club pics with their peeps on Facebook.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:45 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Ah yes a rich wonderful culture of near constant war, genocide and plague. A beautiful people they are.

But regardless, Europe has CULTURE. What do you have other then a Burger King on every corner?

Europe:

America:

Old 06-07-2012, 07:13 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,607,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
But regardless, Europe has CULTURE. What do you have other then a Burger King on every corner?

Europe:

America:

Well, Im European but it really isnt a fair comparison when you look at a culture that has been around for thousands of years versus culture thats still in its infancy, in relative terms. THats about the only difference.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
I never got 'in' to the nightclub and bar scene.

[so can't really comment]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships