Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 01:09 PM

270 posts, read 409,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
I've only been back and at this job for about a year. I was traveling out of state. That could be a lot of my problem maybe. my close friends don't live here, I'm kind of starting over, I guess you could say. I''m not new to Denver though. I grew up in CO.
I am pretty independent, but I still want a relationship. I can do many things on my own or I know how to get it done if I can't, but it shouldn't make a guy go running for the hills. I still hope to find a partner in life.
Honey, you can't expect to have found a relationship if you've always been traveling. You ARE starting over in Denver, so don't despair. Do some of the things other posters are suggesting -- join groups, participate in activities, make (and keep) friends. Expand your network.

As for the independence, I hear ya. Independence is good, but for whatever messed up reason, if a guy senses you're TOO independent, he tends to fall away. Even some of the ones who say they value independence. It's like they're afraid you won't "need" them at all if you come off too strong. So just be mindful of the vibe you're giving out there.

I checked out your pic. I think you're attractive. In my opinion, you need to just get "into" the life there, make friends, and be patient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 01:09 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,694,209 times
I just don't know if I'm cut out for online dating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I have to say, I've found plenty of guys who weren't looking for hookups on OKC. Screen them more carefully maybe? Or take a look at what your profile says and the questions you've answered?

LOL, the one Broncos game I went to was total sensory overstimulation. My ADD was in overdrive for the next 48 hours! I don't know if that's a good place to meet anyone I think baseball is a little more, well, boring

Old 06-21-2012, 01:11 PM

227 posts, read 465,094 times
I'm also under going this thought process. The amount of single woman in my area that don't want children also is real low for my smaller college based town, so I am also entertaining the reason of moving to a larger urban city is to find more woman my type

Old 06-21-2012, 01:13 PM

270 posts, read 409,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceTr0n View Post
I'm also under going this thought process. The amount of single woman in my area that don't want children also is real low for my smaller college based town, so I am also entertaining the reason of moving to a larger urban city is to find more woman my type
Except that the OP in this thread is already in a larger urban city.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:13 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,200,392 times
Quote:
I wish someone could tell me what kind of vibes I'm putting out, because I don't think I am. I have met the wrong ones, for sure, but that seems like all I meet-the wrong ones! all the time. But when I met my ex-finace, I was the same person, I went about my life just as I do now.

Maybe it isnt what you are putting off at all, maybe its what you are going after?

In my experience, many women who "give up" or believe there "are no good men" or "they just cant find a good guy like so and so" or "they can only find losers", have the same thing in common. They just keep dating the same dudes.

Seriously. I knew this woman at my first job, who "thought all men were the same" (basically agressive, violent, prone to cheating and stupid), yet would only exclusively date Alpha type Marines with body builder physiques, and you just want to slap her in the forehead.

Im not saying this is the issue, but, maybe youve fallen in to this kind of trap?

Old 06-21-2012, 01:14 PM

that's not a bad idea. I have thought of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Find an impartial 3rd party. Get a life coach or something. They'll essentially be a stranger and pick up on more than a friend you're used to. Be prepared for brutal honesty.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:18 PM

well, I wonder. I don't feel I am actively "looking" when I go out. So, when I get approached. I give the guy an equal chance, just like the last one. I stay the same. They are the ones that turn out to be losers or criticize me with their little digs, etc. I don't actively seek them out, they seem to come to me. I don't know what it is about me that makes them come up to me, because I won't date them. It's not like I seek them out, date them then get rid of them. As soon as I sense they are getting weird or say something rude to me, I'm out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Maybe it isnt what you are putting off at all, maybe its what you are going after?

In my experience, many women who "give up" or believe there "are no good men" or "they just cant find a good guy like so and so" or "they can only find losers", have the same thing in common. They just keep dating the same dudes.

Seriously. I knew this woman at my first job, who "thought all men were the same" (basically agressive, violent, prone to cheating and stupid), yet would only exclusively date Alpha type Marines with body builder physiques, and you just want to slap her in the forehead.

Im not saying this is the issue, but, maybe youve fallen in to this kind of trap?

Old 06-21-2012, 01:19 PM

don't even get me started on wanting kids!!! maybe I need to move to your town! the men there want kids?? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceTr0n View Post

Old 06-21-2012, 01:22 PM

But, as one of the posters said, It must just be me, something about me that no one is interested in. oh, I'm great to have an affair with,(which I've gotten asked to do by several married guys-no thanks), I'm great for a hook up, I'm great for a casual date, but a long term relationship? or perhaps a family? No Way, Not Her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-21-2012, 01:25 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,200,392 times
Quote:
But, as one of the posters said, It must just be me, something about me that no one is interested in. oh, I'm great to have an affair with,(which I've gotten asked to do by several married guys-no thanks), I'm great for a hook up, I'm great for a casual date, but a long term relationship? or perhaps a family? No Way, Not Her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you think this way? Have multiple guys sat you down and said "I have no interest in you specifically for a relationship"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships