Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 09:11 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,919,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Hmmm. I don't think all married men wish they'd slept with someone of every race/nationality or had threesomes before settling down.

I guess I'm just having a hard time understanding wanting to try everything sexually with women who will mean nothing to you in the end, and not having any new experiences with the woman you ultimately choose to share your life with. But, hey, to each their own.
We're just different people. I know myself and know that I'd be very tempted to cheat regularly if I were to get married having only been with 10-20-30-40 women. I'm already way above the average number of sexual partners one normally has and I still don't think I've fully sowed my wild oats. I'll need another strong 5-6 year run before I'll be able to totally call it quits and commit to one woman.

I think the reason I'm like this is because I realize how many women are actually out here in the world. You have women of all different ethnicities, body types, ages, etc. and I need to experience as much as possible before settling down with one woman. I also love the thrill of the chase...it's like a drug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 09:19 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,002,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
I plan on settling down once I've been with at least 200 women sexually. I feel like I need to do everything I've ever wanted to do before committing to one woman for life.

I don't want to have any regrets.
Are you sure you won't regret experimenting with that many women? That seems to be a staggering goal to me. Contracting an STD or two, having an accident lead to a pregnancy, or finding that when you find "the one" that she is turned off by your past history could all lead to regrets too.

I am not against experimenting or anything... just asking really. Presenting the other side of the coin in essence.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Are you sure you won't regret experimenting with that many women? That seems to be a staggering goal to me. Contracting an STD or two, having an accident lead to a pregnancy, or finding that when you find "the one" that she is turned off by your past history could all lead to regrets too.

I am not against experimenting or anything... just asking really. Presenting the other side of the coin in essence.
I doubt I'll regret it at all.

-Other than herpes and HIV, I don't worry about STDs much (they can be patched up).
-I do my best to prevent pregnancy from occurring. I understand there's a bit of a risk, but I'm fine with that.
-I'd never tell anyone I got serious with about how many women I've slept with. As long as I'm disease-free, that's all that matters.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:31 AM

11,788 posts, read 12,024,345 times
Quote:
We're just different people. I know myself and know that I'd be very tempted to cheat regularly if I were to get married having only been with 10-20-30-40 women. I'm already way above the average number of sexual partners one normally has and I still don't think I've fully sowed my wild oats. I'll need another strong 5-6 year run before I'll be able to totally call it quits and commit to one woman.

I think the reason I'm like this is because I realize how many women are actually out here in the world. You have women of all different ethnicities, body types, ages, etc. and I need to experience as much as possible before settling down with one woman. I also love the thrill of the chase...it's like a drug.
Curious, are you having relationships with all 200 women or more like one-night stands? As a woman, there are all kinds of things sexually that my (ex)husband and I did that I wouldn't do with a stranger or near stranger. You might be surprised what a committed LTR brings for you.

However, your "thrill of the chase" explains a lot. I had a female friend like that and she chased guys like crazy and the minute she got them, she dumped them. If the pursuit is most of the appeal, then you're definitely not ready to settle down, 200 sexual partners or not.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:33 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,643,960 times
I don't think it's necessary for some people

Old 07-05-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Curious, are you having relationships with all 200 women or more like one-night stands? As a woman, there are all kinds of things sexually that my (ex)husband and I did that I wouldn't do with a stranger or near stranger. You might be surprised what a committed LTR brings for you.

However, your "thrill of the chase" explains a lot. I had a female friend like that and she chased guys like crazy and the minute she got them, she dumped them. If the pursuit is most of the appeal, then you're definitely not ready to settle down, 200 sexual partners or not.
Mostly one-nighters, friends with benefits, and hookups from online. I haven't been in a relationship since like 2009, but I've had plenty of sex since then.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:42 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times
Well, let's be real. Unless you marry after your high school graduation, it is likely you'll have multiple partners.

However, if you're going to have sex, it better be with someone who you really, really like. Because there's always the possibility of pregnancy. If that happens, do you really want to spend the next 18-22 years writing child support checks to a woman you barely knew?

Old 07-05-2012, 09:42 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,607,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
I think its an important process. It teaches you to a greater extent what you want and like in a partner and what you don't want and like. It also teaches you about yourself. I know someone who married his first GF, things havn't worked out too well. Of course it can, but hasn't in their case.

Thoughts on the subject from both a male and female point of view?
My first marriage ended because she kept wondering what other men were like. She did not cheat, she just left. 20 years later she admitted she made a mistake.

My current wife and I met when she was 18, I was 33. We broke up after living together for a couple years. She wanted to play around a bit. We got back together and married 10 years later. Still happy together 12 years of marriage.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:23 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Quote:
It would just leave me with absolutely no regrets at all. I feel that if I'm going to settle down with one woman for possibly the next 40-50 years, I need to have everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) pertaining to sex with other women out of my system.

I don't want to be one of those married guys who regrets he never experienced certain things sexually (like 3somes or sex with a woman of every race) nor do I want to be one of those married guys who runs around on his wife. I figure if I go over that 200 number, I'll be so exausted, disgusted, and bored of that lifestyle that I'll be more than happy to settle down.
You must be pretty sexually inexperienced now if you think you need to sleep with 200 people to pretty much try everything that can be done.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You must be pretty sexually inexperienced now if you think you need to sleep with 200 people to pretty much try everything that can be done.
No, I've already been with over 50 women so far and it's still not enough. 200+ is when I'll likely hit the point of total saturation and will actually want to settle down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships