Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 12:37 PM

890 posts, read 1,649,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
*whispers into Ruth's ear*

Looks.

I'll put money on it.
I'm a girl....lol
and i've been told I'm average, but cute
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 12:40 PM

I dont feel like I'm interesting enough. I feel like my personality is kinda bland

Old 07-18-2012, 12:41 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
I'm a girl....lol
and i've been told I'm average, but cute
Why would that make any difference? Oh wait...

Double standard at play here? Hmmm... an 'average' women should not have much difficulty but an 'average' guy should expect to have much more difficulty... is that it?

Interesting that some of the respondents here - myself included - thought you are a man. Hmmm...

Old 07-18-2012, 12:52 PM

just about everyone on this board thinks I'm a guy...shrugs shoulders

Old 07-18-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Why would that make any difference? Oh wait...

Double standard at play here? Hmmm... an 'average' women should not have much difficulty but an 'average' guy should expect to have much more difficulty... is that it?

Interesting that some of the respondents here - myself included - thought you are a man. Hmmm...
I'm talking about myself....I really dont pay attention to other peoples looks honestly
unless I'm attracted to them of course

Old 07-18-2012, 01:14 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Find your strong points and build on them. FInd you weak points and challenge your fears. Nothing builds confidence like accomplishing even smallest goals and challenging your own fears. Step out of your comfort zone. Be confident and content with who you are. WIth that, all you need to do is be your best self to offer plenty to any relationship.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:32 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
Oh yes it is. And it's the most difficult competition ever. Getting a job, getting into shape, learning something new... all much easier by far.
Interesting. Maybe it's different for my because I'm female. No competing here.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:34 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
That's a good idea. Work on yourself. You'll find that women will start pursuing you along the way. In my case, I don't just feel I have nothing to offer, I know. (I'm basically homeless, but that is another story) So I do the best I can to survive (I work online, no panhandling).

Old 07-18-2012, 01:35 PM

11,370 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Quote:
just about everyone on this board thinks I'm a guy...shrugs shoulders
I couldn't tell. However, it would have helped if there was some information on your profile. I did look. All message boards I have ever posted on will state the gender but not here.

My apologies. It really did sound like a guy posting. That's what I get for assuming.
I slightly edited my post...

Old 07-18-2012, 01:37 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Well I'm a bit shy, so that maybe holding me back a bit
I tend to open up when I'm one on one
You're not long out of college, is that right? I was really shy in my 20's, except with my friends. The shyness is definitely a factor. One thing you can do is practice talking to strangers. Just light, casual banter, like in the check-out line at the grocery store, at the bus stop or coffee shop. Talk to anyone, male or female, old or young. Just little chit-chat. Push yourself out of your comfort zone at least to that extent. Then after awhile it'll get easier. If you're in a group, pick a woman who seems nice (after you've been in the group a few times and get to know people) and start up a conversation. Regard it as practice, not a live-or-death make-it-or-break-it potential flirt or date. Just practice talking casually. Change and growth don't come without effort.

Even if looks were an issue, rabbit, this kind of thing can overcome that, but we've been around that track before. I don't want to sound like a broken record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships