Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 10:59 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
I'm a girl....lol
and i've been told I'm average, but cute
Sorry, ATLien, I thought you were a guy. It's hard to tell around here. Cute is good. I'd say the shyness might be an issue. Guys like confident women who can make interesting conversation. Mousy types don't get noticed or are taken for "blah" when, in fact, they're not "blah", and may be quite fascinating. But your love of sports is definitely a plus. And travel. Talk about things you enjoy, and the shyness will disappear, the enthusiasm will show. (Enthusiasm translates into confidence.) What countries have you been to? Do you speak any foreign languages? What were your favorite places to visit and why?

Get out and experience new things. Take an evening class in something you're interested in; You'll learn and you'll meet people. I can so relate to where you're at. It can make a real difference if you find something you're passionate about, whether a cause, or a course of study, a new job. Something that brings you out of your shell. And as has already been observed here, it's a matter of meeting the right person. This may take time, that's not unusual. But in the meantime, you should be enjoying life and making the most of it. It's a journey and an adventure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 11:14 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
You have your love to offer, that's it. You have your 's to offer, your kindness, your interests, your unique view of the world, and most importantly, your time and love!

Why does dating sound like a business transaction? Job? That should be way down the list of priorities for any girl (I mean guy) who really cared about you.

Last edited by Trimac20; 07-18-2012 at 11:14 PM.. Reason: I just realised the OP was a girl, oops!

Old 07-19-2012, 10:02 AM

890 posts, read 1,650,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Sorry, ATLien, I thought you were a guy. It's hard to tell around here. Cute is good. I'd say the shyness might be an issue. Guys like confident women who can make interesting conversation. Mousy types don't get noticed or are taken for "blah" when, in fact, they're not "blah", and may be quite fascinating. But your love of sports is definitely a plus. And travel. Talk about things you enjoy, and the shyness will disappear, the enthusiasm will show. (Enthusiasm translates into confidence.) What countries have you been to? Do you speak any foreign languages? What were your favorite places to visit and why?

Get out and experience new things. Take an evening class in something you're interested in; You'll learn and you'll meet people. I can so relate to where you're at. It can make a real difference if you find something you're passionate about, whether a cause, or a course of study, a new job. Something that brings you out of your shell. And as has already been observed here, it's a matter of meeting the right person. This may take time, that's not unusual. But in the meantime, you should be enjoying life and making the most of it. It's a journey and an adventure.
good advice

Old 07-19-2012, 10:12 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times
OP, youre definitely attractive, pretty and cute - so thats never going to be an issue for you. YOu have to work on your self-esteem, self-confidence, and developing personality. Notice, those are "self" concepts, not "others" concepts. WHat I mean by that, is that its completely meaningless as to how you are perceived by others, and only important how you perceive yourself (as well as you are in complete control of both internaly, and nothing external should impact it). Judging simply by your attractivness, its already quite a bit to offer to any relationship.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:57 AM

58 posts, read 87,956 times
Ruth4Truth... great advice!

futureATLien ... have you ever thought of taking yourself on a date? say for instance, if you like coffee take yourself to various coffee shops and ask for recommendations for something new based on what you usually drink...

carry a book you wouldn't mind talking about if someone ask you what you're reading.

Since you like traveling, does this include different cultures?

What makes you laugh, get you motivated, excited, or spark curiousity in you? Have you thought about being a guide for a couple of hours anywhere that would bring you in contact with people with similiar interests as your own?

I keep feeling it could be simple things whether associated with a museum, a historical society etc. Any ideas come to you?

Old 07-19-2012, 11:22 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,490,798 times
Quote:
I'm confused????
....also I put a pic up
Hi young lady. I saw your pic.Looks ARE NOT an issue!

Old 07-19-2012, 12:40 PM

^^^ok, well now since thats taken care. I just have to work on my personality and interests

Old 07-19-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToLaugh View Post
Ruth4Truth... great advice!

futureATLien ... have you ever thought of taking yourself on a date? say for instance, if you like coffee take yourself to various coffee shops and ask for recommendations for something new based on what you usually drink...

carry a book you wouldn't mind talking about if someone ask you what you're reading.

Since you like traveling, does this include different cultures?

What makes you laugh, get you motivated, excited, or spark curiousity in you? Have you thought about being a guide for a couple of hours anywhere that would bring you in contact with people with similiar interests as your own?

I keep feeling it could be simple things whether associated with a museum, a historical society etc. Any ideas come to you?
I hangout alone quite often, usually out to eat or at the movies. I haven't really explored my new city as of yet
I have only traveled in the us, but I do a lot of research about other cultures and I am interested in trying new foods!

Old 07-19-2012, 01:57 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
I hangout alone quite often, usually out to eat or at the movies. I haven't really explored my new city as of yet
I have only traveled in the us, but I do a lot of research about other cultures and I am interested in trying new foods!
OMG, you are SO cute! And intellectual-looking. Explore your city. Look up meet-up groups online and see if there are any of interest. Guys who are looking for "hot" women won't be interested in you, and you wouldn't be interested in them, anyway. Find the guys who like "cute" and smart. Are you in the tech sector by any chance? It's a great field for meeting a variety of people, lots of young people, lots of diversity. And new foods--get some cookbooks for international fare. That'll pay off down the road, guys love a good cook.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:03 PM

63 posts, read 73,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post

7) don't give a crap if she says no or picks the other guy
That right there sums it all up.

The one thing men need to remember is that women are like trains... If you miss one you can always catch another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships