Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2012, 01:40 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I couldn't tell. However, it would have helped if there was some information on your profile. I did look. All message boards I have ever posted on will state the gender but not here.

My apologies. It really did sound like a guy posting. That's what I get for assuming.
I slightly edited my post...
Some forums give members the option of not stating gender. Some forums I've been on don't take female posters seriously, so women use either neutral or male-sounding handles. You'd be surprised how hostile some forums can be toward female members, just discussing random topics. It's a zoo out there.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 03:28 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Even if looks were an issue, rabbit, this kind of thing can overcome that, but we've been around that track before. I don't want to sound like a broken record.
Certainly not... I don't expect you to have a leather throat here. HOWEVER... a few positive experiences in my favor would definitely help.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:29 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
I'm talking about myself....I really dont pay attention to other peoples looks honestly
unless I'm attracted to them of course
Perhaps there ARE guys who are attracted to YOU but you do not notice them for a certain reason - hint, hint.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:02 PM

400 posts, read 566,507 times
It took me a while to develop my own preferences (on small things like food, books, clothes, music). I remember realizing that avacados were a favorite or that I love to read memoirs of women from all around the world and realistic fiction most. It was almost like meeting someone likable except I was meeting myself!

I think like other's said you should explore hobbies and get to know yourself. Try new things and maybe journal about what you liked and didn't. I think it's wise to take a break, not because you have nothing to offer but because you don't want someone else to come in a dominate your personality to the point that you don't develop on your own. I had people like that around me most of my life they were just so much louder so I followed. Now I just love feeling like I prefer one thing over another and saying so. It sounds silly but I do think it makes me better company and a more complete person.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:03 PM

400 posts, read 566,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Perhaps there ARE guys who are attracted to YOU but you do not notice them for a certain reason - hint, hint.
awwww that's cute

Old 07-18-2012, 05:21 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
OP, you're a lesbian, right? I seem to remember that from other posts by you. That automatically puts you in a smaller pool, which makes dating more difficult - less to choose from and seek compatibility with. That alone could account for your dry spell.

First, you have to fix your self esteem. Go out and cultivate new interests. Find your mojo. You sound like you have oodles to offer, but I suspect you need to locate your own self-worth and adopt some outgoing behaviors.

Second, if you don't have many ties with the GLBT community, you're going to have to develop some. Go to some events or festivals - even some rallies, maybe - and network. One of my best friends in the world is a gay man, but his friends are almost all straight. He has a terrible time meeting people to date.

My other friends who are gay or lesbian have built up groups of friends who are also gay/lesbian - that way they meet more people that they can potentially date. One friend who is a lesbian has a very diverse group of female friends who get together for various activities - a lot of dating goes on within the group, but the group also leads them to meet other people.

I'm not saying you build artificial friendships or ditch your straight friends - just that you should look to expand your social circle further.

Where do you live? You may want to consider moving to a big city if you are not already in one.

I'd also suggest that you look into online dating.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:04 PM

289 posts, read 175,213 times
Quote:
I'm a girl....lol
and i've been told I'm average, but cute
Consider adding some photos to your CD profile.

It will allow us to evaluate your cuteness and shower you with excessive compliments...

Old 07-18-2012, 08:31 PM

890 posts, read 1,649,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahdeanne View Post
awwww that's cute
I'm confused????
....also I put a pic up

Old 07-18-2012, 08:33 PM

890 posts, read 1,649,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahdeanne View Post
It took me a while to develop my own preferences (on small things like food, books, clothes, music). I remember realizing that avacados were a favorite or that I love to read memoirs of women from all around the world and realistic fiction most. It was almost like meeting someone likable except I was meeting myself!

I think like other's said you should explore hobbies and get to know yourself. Try new things and maybe journal about what you liked and didn't. I think it's wise to take a break, not because you have nothing to offer but because you don't want someone else to come in a dominate your personality to the point that you don't develop on your own. I had people like that around me most of my life they were just so much louder so I followed. Now I just love feeling like I prefer one thing over another and saying so. It sounds silly but I do think it makes me better company and a more complete person.
This is good advice!

Old 07-18-2012, 10:35 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,392 times
Quote:
Well I like watching all sports and I like traveling and keeping w/current events
Already you are one leg up...I have met many men in my quest to find the right one for me and I have found that my tomboy past/passions have them surprised..lol..
There is nothing wrong with keeping up with current events it means you care and care to know about the world around you..

Quote:
Well I'm a bit shy, so that maybe holding me back a bit
I tend to open up when I'm one on one
lol..There is nothing wrong with being being shy and a girl. I would never go up to a guy, ever..I feel if they like me enough they will approach me and if they pass me up? It is their loss and not mine.

Quote:
I have an ok job. Trying to find another I'm not successful thus far
Umm, you have a job again you are already ahead of the game

Quote:
I dont feel like I'm interesting enough. I feel like my personality is kinda bland
How can you say that? You like sports, know about current events all you need to through in there is random facts and you are set...

Quote:
just about everyone on this board thinks I'm a guy...shrugs shoulders
ahahahahahahaha!!! They thought the same thing until I posted a pic, do not take it personal, it is hard to know the gender sometimes by the way one types..

My advice to you? Be you, have fun and do not worry about the ones you don’t get and focus on the ones you really want to know.
People will be people and are looking for the physical first and making judgment on those looks.
I.E. I get different reactions from different people.
People whom have barely met me on the job have stated after awhile that I am intimidating? Lol..I mean business and look like I could kick some ass? Lmao.. I see myself as a sweetheart but this is how I am on the job, professional.Get to know me and you will realize this.
Guys in bars? Will cat call, hit me up with chessy lines ect..and when I do not succumb to such antics? I am a ice queen/*****..lol
When it is me really just having standards.
Men that have approached me in a neutral environment? Will have the best impression, I am relaxed, smiling and free flowing, sarcastic and funny.
So with this stated, there are many facets to you and who you are, you are selling yourself short, how do you expect someone to notice you or take you seriously when you yourself havent sold yourself to the most important person? YOU…
Best of luck..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships