Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2012, 01:02 PM

601 posts, read 759,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What? Usually the decision to have kids is mutual....

Yes, a mutual descission consist,in part, of her descission to have a child. possibly worded insufficiently.

IOW..if she agrees taking part to what should be a mutual, equal partnership (some call corporation) ..the there is no reason she shouldnt financially plan her portion of financially responsibility just like a man would.

I would provide my share of my household contribution(33.33%) plus half of the child's (16.67%)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 01:04 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,435,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
Do you have any idea how much work kids are?
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post

A guy once at work (customer) told me he was a stay at home dad and I lost all respect for him.

........that's.....weird.

Quote:
If you want to be a stay at home dad while your wife supports you, good luck with that. Most men would feel humiliated doing that because men have testosterone and are supposed to provide for their family. If a woman wanted me to do that, I would laugh at her face

When you grow the **** up, you'll realize that maybe, just maybe, that you're working as a team. If her working and me staying at home is what makes sense for our current situation, then so be it. If my job is easier to leave then hers, if I get more time off, if I get better benefits....I'll stay home. If it's the other way...she stays home. Understand? It doesn't have to be forever either.

I can garuntee you right now, my voice won't change, my balls will not shrink, nor will they fall off, because I'm taking care of my kids. I certainly won't be any less of a man.

If some boy who can't even manage to find himself a girlfriend is going to judge me on that........well, that's....not really going to hurt, now is it?

Quote:
Anyways, marriages nowadays is pretty equal. Women earn a little less on average but they do a lot more in terms of kids/housework. How is that not equal?

....hmm. I'm really not good at math. I'm gonna have to break out the calculator for this. Do I do what's inside the bull**** first?

Old 11-11-2012, 01:06 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
i see what you're saying, but I have many friends that I don't meet eye to eye with on some things, and they're still my friends, so in my eyes that's pretty petty. I respect your decision, but it's your loss in the long run.
You really don't respect my decision, tho. It obviously hurt you and I'm sorry that it did. I've always otherwise been nice to you, but if you want to bring to it to this level, ok. With that said, I've never understood the whole "it's your loss" thing. That probably deserves its own thread.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:06 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What? Usually the decision to have kids is mutual.... Most developed countries don't abandon pregnant women, they support them. They get paid pregnancy leave. Any US guy going into a marriage who wants kids is aware that his earnings will be needed to support his wife through one or more pregnancies. Why are we even arguing about this?? It's just a given. This is how mature adults deal with this issue. Normally, men don't propose marriage until they have their financial house in order, because of the cost of raising a child (whether the wife works or not), the cost of renting or buying a home, etc.
Hello??
I don't think it's usually a mutual decision to have kids. I think there's a lot of "Oops" babies.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:07 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
Yes, a mutual descission consist,in part, of her descission to have a child. possibly worded insufficiently.

IOW..if she agrees taking part to what should be a mutual, equal partnership (some call corporation) ..the there is no reason she shouldnt financially plan her portion of financially responsibility just like a man would.

I would provide my share of my household contribution(33.33%) plus half of the child's (16.67%)
Do you also do 50% of the pregnancy and 50% of the childbirth? Because if you don't - then things aren't really equal. You need to carry the child for 4.5 months and then you have to also be in labor and push for half the time as well.

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
IOW..if she agrees taking part to what should be a mutual, equal partnership (some call corporation)
This really epitomizes the tendency on C-D to regard dating and couple-hood in purely mercenary terms. Most men IRL wouldn't want to require their wife to save for years just to pay her way through pregnancy and baby care. But...whatever.

601 posts, read 759,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You really don't respect my decision, tho. It obviously hurt you and I'm sorry that it did. I've always otherwise been nice to you, but if you want to bring to it to this level, ok. With that said, I've never understood the whole "it's your loss" thing. That probably deserves its own thread.
well what else would you expect anyone to say or feel? Do you want him to cry about it?

Old 11-11-2012, 01:08 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,154,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
When you grow the **** up, you'll realize that maybe, just maybe, that you're working as a team. If her working and me staying at home is what makes sense for our current situation, then so be it. If my job is easier to leave then hers, if I get more time off, if I get better benefits....I'll stay home. If it's the other way...she stays home. Understand? It doesn't have to be forever either.

I can garuntee you right now, my voice won't change, my balls will not shrink, nor will they fall off, because I'm taking care of my kids. I certainly won't be any less of a man.
Bloody marvelous post! Your dead right on this.

I owe you a rep. In fact I owe you a lot more. It can be hoped that one day people understand what being a man is and it isn't being a bread winner or flexing pecks at the "ladies". I applaud thee, Mags' my good man, I applaud thee!

Old 11-11-2012, 01:09 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post

If some boy who can't even manage to find himself a girlfriend is going to judge me on that........well, that's....not really going to hurt, now is it?

Do what you want man but most people are going to look down on a man who stays at home and lets his wife support him (outside of maybe a temporary thing while he's looking for a new job)

That's just the way it is. If it doesn't bother you, then that's fine for you. I would rather chop my nuts off than not earn any money

Old 11-11-2012, 01:10 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,102,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
If you know what census is then why are you so surprised by a statement that people of the same cloth couple? And I know the mentality of your kind. You guys want to superimpose your insecurities and bull shyte on others. Really, keep it.
Lol. I didn't say anything about you. I just said your mentality is different than mine.

You're just trying to argue...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships